or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Infantile Driver/Infantile Skier!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Infantile Driver/Infantile Skier!

post #1 of 36
Thread Starter 
The other day on the slopes I had an encounter that reminded me of the pettiness and immaturity and childish games I see some drivers engage in with each other on the road.

I was skiing down a hill where ahead of me this skier was turning his head to instruct his friend. He seemed to know what he was doing but then he wiped out unexpectedly.

I continued down the hill and before I got to the bottom this same person who had wiped out skied directly up to me. He was RIGHT behind me to my right. If he was exhaling I would have felt his breath. Then he continued skiing onward.

What a BABY. He was essentially saying to me nonverbally: Ha, Ha, I caught up to you, and now I'm ahead of you!

Was his ego THAT bruised when he wiped out in front of me that he had to seek revenge against me because I witnessed it?

I've been skiing for 5 years and nobody has ever come that close to me on the slopes. It was deliberate intimidation and INFANTILISM.

Just like I see people do on the road.

I don't play games on the road or the slopes. Leave these jerks to their lives.
post #2 of 36
Don't let it bother you. He knows he sucks. Impolite ppl on the slopes usually have low level skills. High skill level ppl are in control and show respect for others. That's the difference in being intelligent and professional.
post #3 of 36
Some skiers, like drivers, have really small penises and therefore need to keep their fragile egos alive by constantly impressing/keeping face with total strangers.
post #4 of 36
Thread Starter 
AHAHA, you both have good words of wisdom!
post #5 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCJIM View Post
What a BABY. He was essentially saying to me nonverbally: Ha, Ha, I caught up to you, and now I'm ahead of you!
Wow, you must be some sort of savant to so assuredly know someone else's intentions. Then you post this awesome knowledge of yours on the intertubes. Nothing even remotely infantile about that. Please, do post more. Tell me about the guy that gave you a funny look on the way to the office today. I'd love to hear what he was thinking as well.
post #6 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Wow, you must be some sort of savant to so assuredly know someone else's intentions. Then you post this awesome knowledge of yours on the intertubes. Nothing even remotely infantile about that. Please, do post more. Tell me about the guy that gave you a funny look on the way to the office today. I'd love to hear what he was thinking as well.
I think you need to go skiing!
post #7 of 36
MOAR SKIING is the answer to a lot of questions. I've been skiing plenty. The answer to my skiing problem is MOAR SNOW.
post #8 of 36
This topic may be worth salvaging in a more general guise.
post #9 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Wow, you must be some sort of savant to so assuredly know someone else's intentions. Then you post this awesome knowledge of yours on the intertubes. Nothing even remotely infantile about that. Please, do post more. Tell me about the guy that gave you a funny look on the way to the office today. I'd love to hear what he was thinking as well.
Extra coffee this morning? You seem fired up. Go skiing.
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCJIM View Post
The other day on the slopes I had an encounter that reminded me of the pettiness and immaturity and childish games I see some drivers engage in with each other on the road.

I was skiing down a hill where ahead of me this skier was turning his head to instruct his friend. He seemed to know what he was doing but then he wiped out unexpectedly.

I continued down the hill and before I got to the bottom this same person who had wiped out skied directly up to me. He was RIGHT behind me to my right. If he was exhaling I would have felt his breath. Then he continued skiing onward.

What a BABY. He was essentially saying to me nonverbally: Ha, Ha, I caught up to you, and now I'm ahead of you!

Was his ego THAT bruised when he wiped out in front of me that he had to seek revenge against me because I witnessed it?

I've been skiing for 5 years and nobody has ever come that close to me on the slopes. It was deliberate intimidation and INFANTILISM.

Just like I see people do on the road.

I don't play games on the road or the slopes. Leave these jerks to their lives.
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was skiing with my twin brother. We were teaching this other person to ski and..................
post #11 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
MOAR SKIING is the answer to a lot of questions. I've been skiing plenty. The answer to my skiing problem is MOAR SNOW.
Hai. I do snowdance 4u, k? Moar snow. MOAR! k, bai.
post #12 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
Extra coffee this morning? You seem fired up. Go skiing.
Actually, I had a class at 7:00. So I drank this hilarious red bull substitute my buddy gave me called Red Rain. Which is approximately what my insides felt like for hours after drinking the thing on an empty stomach. So good call there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollmeister View Post
Hai. I do snowdance 4u, k? Moar snow. MOAR! k, bai.
post #13 of 36

Talk about infantile!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCJIM
What a BABY. He was essentially saying to me nonverbally: Ha, Ha, I caught up to you, and now I'm ahead of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Wow, you must be some sort of savant to so assuredly know someone else's intentions. Then you post this awesome knowledge of yours on the intertubes. Nothing even remotely infantile about that. Please, do post more. Tell me about the guy that gave you a funny look on the way to the office today. I'd love to hear what he was thinking as well.
I nominate this response for the Irony of the Year award.


Way to ruin another thread, Garrett.

I've never seen another poster do it with such raw efficiency and cowardice.

How's your ex-GF getting along with her new snowboarding cop boyfriend that she dumped you for?



Don't let that skier bother you too much, Jim. Like slider and DCNB said, folks like that have miserable, insecure lives... constantly having to show others how great they are by proving they can keep up, or by attempting to tear others down. (Just like Garrett above.)
post #14 of 36
I see New Jersey is treating you well.
post #15 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja View Post
I nominate this response for the Irony of the Year award.
I second the nomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja View Post
Way to ruin another thread, Garrett.

I've never seen another poster do it with such raw efficiency and cowardice.

How's your ex-GF getting along with her new snowboarding cop boyfriend that she dumped you for?
Well that's kind of a low blow.


While I think Garret tends to be very :ahem: blunt, he does have a bit of a point here. How can you really judge the intentions of someone else? Personally, when I eat it, I couldn't care less who saw me. I get back up and am pissed at the snow for making me fall (it's always the snows fault, I'm too good to fall ), and I feel like I have to prove it to myself that I am better then that (while teaching the snow a valuable lesson). I look where I am going though, and respect others. Maybe this person was being inconsiderate, or maybe he just didn't see you (although he should have). Maybe he was actually trying to show off. But why go on the internet and whine about it? Let it go man.
post #16 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
I look where I am going though, and respect others. Maybe this person was being inconsiderate, or maybe he just didn't see you (although he should have). Maybe he was actually trying to show off.
Sounds reasonable. I skied close to someone earlier this year because they did something I didn't anticipate them doing. I wasn't skiing fast and I didn't hit them, but I skied close enough to them that I stopped and apologized for it. Don't want to freak anyone out. Have to share the hill with a lot of people...believe it or not I try to be as cordial as possible.

I am pretty...blunt...and I always find Baja's response to that amusing and ironic.
post #17 of 36
"How's your ex-GF getting along with her new snowboarding cop boyfriend that she dumped you for?"

If true. Not cricket to bring it up. Very ouch, baby.

I like blunts.
post #18 of 36
No, actually it isn't true. Come to think of it, the most recent ex is a snowboarder, though a proficient skier as well. I will credit Baja with an active imagination though.
post #19 of 36
Hmmm...maybe it was 'rainbow week' at that ski area and he was checking out your 'rear gear'!
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer256 View Post
"How's your ex-GF getting along with her new snowboarding cop boyfriend that she dumped you for?"

If true. Not cricket to bring it up. Very ouch, baby.
It's the only rational conclusion I can come up with:


http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=62924

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=63402&page=3


Why else would this boy harbor such anger? My goodness... the obsession with bad cops and the need to whine about it on a skier's discussion site.

And why all the insults and ridicule toward fellow posters?

Was he bullied in the high school locker room? Taunted because he was overweight as a child? Always the last one picked for kickball teams?


Seriously, Garrett... why are you so angry at everone?

You've got to find a way to forgive your inner demons, kiddo. It's so much easier to be a good kid... spread a little courtesy, a little happiness. Make the world a better place with your presence. It's better for your own health. I hope you realize that when you grow up to become a productive member of society.


And so what if NYCJIM wants to vent? Nobody forces you to read and respond, so if it bothers you that somebody is venting, MOVE ON AND READ SOMETHING ELSE.

And have a nice day, of course.
post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja View Post
My goodness... the obsession with bad cops and the need to whine about it on a skier's discussion site.

post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiedoc View Post
Hmmm...maybe it was 'rainbow week' at that ski area and he was checking out your 'rear gear'!

nope that was here last week!
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiedoc View Post
Hmmm...maybe it was 'rainbow week' at that ski area and he was checking out your 'rear gear'!
Funniest thing I've read today.
post #24 of 36
Thread Starter 
It was pretty obvious to me what he was doing. There was plenty of room, no reason whatsoever for him to have been that close to me. He deliberately skied that close. He stopped aggressively skiing and stood upright, right next to me. When I looked at him he smirked and continued onward.

No, I'm not a Savant. I'm just as perceptive as any other adult would have been in the same situation.

Who's to say exactly, with precision, what the man's intentions were?

It was clear he was trying to intimidate me, a total stranger who passed him on the hill where he wiped out while instructing his friend on how to ski.

Reasonable assumptions on my part.

I won't discuss it further. Just as I didn't engage that skier on the hill.
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCJIM View Post
It was clear he was trying to intimidate me, a total stranger who passed him on the hill where he wiped out while instructing his friend on how to ski.
That is really bizarre. Oh well, not much you can do about it I suppose.

I have a friend who claims the appropriate response when confronted with a bit of crazy like that is to respond with a lot more crazy. So when someone does something like that to him he starts punching himself in the head and screaming like a banshee. Hilarious to behold...
post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was skiing with my twin brother. We were teaching this other person to ski and..................
Ok, that made me laugh.
post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCJIM View Post
What a BABY. He was essentially saying to me nonverbally: Ha, Ha, I caught up to you, and now I'm ahead of you!

Was his ego THAT bruised when he wiped out in front of me that he had to seek revenge against me because I witnessed it?
Was your ego THAT bruised that someone was skiing a little too close to you on a lame groomer that you just had to come whine about it one the internet?

And HE'S the baby? Right.




Important news people, today, someone cut me off in traffic. I cried about it for a long time. Anyone wanna have a pity party with me?
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGOT View Post
Anyone wanna have a pity party with me?
Free beer?
post #29 of 36
Yea, but I'm the one throwing the pity party, so you're supposed to take pity and bring the free beer. Thats how pity parties work.

So yea, thanks, that'd be great.
post #30 of 36

Did somebody say free beer?!

My sides are splittin', my eyes are waterin', and all this popcorn is makin' me thirsty! :

now who's bogart'n dat blunt?..............
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Infantile Driver/Infantile Skier!