or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2009 Hart skis

post #1 of 98
Thread Starter 
It hasn't been officially posted but I have taken a position with Hart skis as being their representative for the East Coast. I have decided to join the ranks of lousy pay with great benefits.

Now the skis. I just received my first shipment of demos, according to Fed Ex..87 lbs worth, not including bindings. Now, skis are not skis are not skis and these are not your brothers K2's. Hart will be differentiating themselves from the market and have no intention of being mainstream. These Harts are not so much a boutique ski but definitely an premium caliber product along the lines of a Stockli or a Vist. Now a bit about the skis…

The Fuelie line is what really intrigues me, the Stage 1 is a nice 77 waisted ski and the Scarab is an all mountain twin with a 86 waist. The Boss, is a big ass freight train in a 195 length 91 waisted ski. This series also sports a nice textured top skin that should hold up to the toughest of skiers. The Twisted Twin is a spin off (pun intended) from this series.

The Attack and Blue Phoenix are frontside carvers that should hold an edge better than any Gillette and be quicker than any Times Square Three Card Monty Hustler.

The serious skis of the line, the F-17, a world class bump ski that has any mogul field cower in fear and our new Javelin SL our race ready slalom ski that has been redesigned for 08/09.

This is just a taste As soon as I get the rest of the line in my grubby paws, I will post previews. So be ready, Hart is back. www.hartskis.com


Edited for a better picture





Stage 1 124/77/110
Scarab 120/86/110
Boss 121/91/111

104/66/89




Javelin SL 117/65/101


Twisted Twin 120/86/110


Hart Attack 110/63/95
post #2 of 98
Nice! Great to see Hart back
post #3 of 98
Congratulations Phil! I'd be interested in demoing these skis sometime.
post #4 of 98
flex of Scarab compared to T8 or Crimson?

tell more about Blue Phoenix.

do you anticipate putting a plate on Attack?
post #5 of 98
You have me drooling Phil.

Of course, you will be bringing a few of these beasts to holimont next Friday?

The Twisted Twinn looks like a good replacement for the Seth eh?
post #6 of 98
Thread Starter 
There will be a few more skis introduced at SIA.
post #7 of 98
Twisted Twin - yummy

Attack looks great too.
post #8 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
flex of Scarab compared to T8 or Crimson?

tell more about Blue Phoenix.

do you anticipate putting a plate on Attack?
The Blue Phoenix will be a nice frontside carver. These are all wood core sandwich skis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
You have me drooling Phil.

Of course, you will be bringing a few of these beasts to holimont next Friday?

The Twisted Twinn looks like a good replacement for the Seth eh?
I am waiting for my bindings to show up . The Twisted Twin is more like a PE than a Seth.
post #9 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
Twisted Twin - yummy

Attack looks great too.

I likey . Dimension wise, it looks like the Twin, Scarab and Boss FTW.
What's the plan for bindings?


If you ever needed a reason to like Philpug, this may be it folks.
post #10 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
I likey . Dimension wise, it looks like the Twin, Scarab and Boss FTW.
What's the plan for bindings?
We are working on bindings at the moment. Last minute deals. I might do the Vist on the SL's though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
If you ever needed a reason to like Philpug, this may be it folks.
Thanks, when I was a kid, it was not uncommon for me to get a pork chop hung around my neck, so the dog would play with me.
post #11 of 98
I LOVE my Fuelie Boss' (pre-production '08's bought off fleabay). I think I'll pick up a pair of Javelin's soon as well.
Top quality construction, telepathic handling, and the added bonus of lots of funny looks from people trying to figure out what the hell I'm skiing on.

My Boss' have the same graphics as on the twisted twin. I'm glad I bought mine, it's cool having something very few people ever will.
post #12 of 98

Man, those look even better today than they did last night: The F-17 is a legend, the Twisted Twin looks sick and the Javelin is even in my color. Sweeeeeeet!
post #13 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
I have decided to join the ranks of lousy pay with great benefits.

This series also sports a nice textured top skin that should hold up to the toughest of skiers. The Twisted Twin is a spin off (pun intended) from this series.

The Attack and Blue Phoenix are frontside carvers that should hold an edge better than any Gillette and be quicker than any Times Square Three Card Monty Hustler.

The serious skis of the line, the F-17, a world class bump ski that has any mogul field cower in fear and our new Javelin SL our race ready slalom ski that has been redesigned for 08/09.

This is just a taste As soon as I get the rest of the line in my grubby paws, I will post previews. So be ready,
Hart is back. www.hartskis.com
Philpug's worst post ever.

I'm going to call you on it. I'm happy to see Hart making an attempt at making skis, but this plug was quite poorly written.

You've been served.
post #14 of 98
Any chance Bumpfreaq and I could get a couple pair to show off on the slopes of Caberfae?
post #15 of 98

My first NEW skis were Hart Hornets

They were RED with yellow bases.

I still remember how they looked sitting next to the Christmas tree

I don't really need any new Ski's right now, but I am rooting for HART Skis!

Appear to be hand made in the USA ?
post #16 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTT View Post

I don't really need any new Ski's right now, but I am rooting for HART Skis!
Oh man, why'd you have to bring that up?
post #17 of 98
I just realized that the production Boss' only come in 195. Mine are 189. So I guess mine really are odd balls....cool.:
post #18 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetidave View Post
I just realized that the production Boss' only come in 195. Mine are 189. So I guess mine really are odd balls....cool.:
You are lucky..the 195's are some big skis. I am going to try to talk them into offering it in a 180ish for us normal sized guys.
post #19 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
You are lucky..the 195's are some big skis. I am going to try to talk them into offering it in a 180ish for us normal sized guys.
Hell, I'm not exactly small (6'4" 240ishlbs) and the 189's feel just about perfect for me.
post #20 of 98
What's the topsheet feel like? It almost looked textured in some of the pictures.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Thanks, when I was a kid, it was not uncommon for me to get a pork chop hung around my neck, so the dog would play with me.
Woops, I didn't mean to sound like the only reason to like you was because you have lots of skis. Or pork chops hanging from your neck. But hell, it's not everyday that you get to chat or ski with a guy that just had 87 lbs worth of skis FedEx'd to his house.
post #21 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
What's the topsheet feel like? It almost looked textured in some of the pictures.





Woops, I didn't mean to sound like the only reason to like you was because you have lots of skis. Or pork chops hanging from your neck. But hell, it's not everyday that you get to chat or ski with a guy that just had 87 lbs worth of skis UPS'd to his house.
I don't know about the production skis, mine are smooth and glossy.
post #22 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
do you anticipate putting a plate on Attack?
Hart attack on a plate, sounds like something I would like:. I hate the graphics too, so it must be a great ski. What are the stats on the attack.
post #23 of 98
So I see a theme emerging here with pork chops and hart attack on a plate. I think Phil needs to organize a demo day with comfort food on the side. Not that pork chops are required to make me want to demo Hart skis, but it can't hurt. On a serious note, I think it's cool to see Hart making a comeback, especially if the skis are good, and it would be beneficial to have some sort of connection/hookup on Epic through Phil. I can't imagine a better gear whore to be their east coast rep!
post #24 of 98
I can see it now, the demo day buffet will be Fettucini Alfredo with ham and scallions. Double the ham!
post #25 of 98
I saw a hart in Japan today. I don't know which model it was, blue and white, maybe a slalom or GS ski. I don't remember because I was too busy looking at the sidewall. It was a nice sidewall. I didn't touch, but it looked burly.
post #26 of 98
Phil,
At Jackson Hole last week, Finndog told us about your new association with Hart. I was with him when he met Stephen and the "are you talking about Flexon Phil" connection was made. Small world!
Hmmm, Phil's Philly Phest, sponsored by Hart. I like it!
Sounds like your making you passion for skis your life's work. Go for it. Break a leg.
Mike
post #27 of 98

your nuts.

in your own way, you sir are living the dream.. that's all i have to say
post #28 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
flex of Scarab compared to T8 or Crimson?

tell more about Blue Phoenix.

do you anticipate putting a plate on Attack?
The Scarab is much more ski than the T8 and the Crimson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
You have me drooling Phil.

Of course, you will be bringing a few of these beasts to holimont next Friday?
I have to wait for Mr. UPS Dude for bindings. He is usually comes later in the day. I was planning on leaving about noon. Gonna be close. Most important, I have to be here to sign for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
What's the topsheet feel like? It almost looked textured in some of the pictures.
There are three different top skins, yes, there is texture to the Fuelie series and the Competition Skis.
post #29 of 98
The F17 has a flat tail, right? My old Harts are about to kick the bucket and there's nothing in the new lineup to replace 'em with.

I Guess I Just Wasn't Made For These Times.
post #30 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
It hasn't been officially posted but I have taken a position with Hart skis as being their representative for the East Coast. I have decided to join the ranks of lousy pay with great benefits.

Now the skis. I just received my first shipment of demos, according to Fed Ex..87 lbs worth, not including bindings. Now, skis are not skis are not skis and these are not your brothers K2's. Hart will be differentiating themselves from the market and have no intention of being mainstream. These Harts are not so much a boutique ski but definitely an premium caliber product along the lines of a Stockli or a Vist. Now a bit about the skis…

The Fuelie line is what really intrigues me, the Stage 1 is a nice 77 waisted ski and the Scarab is an all mountain twin with a 86 waist. The Boss, is a big ass freight train in a 195 length 91 waisted ski. This series also sports a nice textured top skin that should hold up to the toughest of skiers. The Twisted Twin is a spin off (pun intended) from this series.

The Attack and Blue Phoenix are frontside carvers that should hold an edge better than any Gillette and be quicker than any Times Square Three Card Monty Hustler.

The serious skis of the line, the F-17, a world class bump ski that has any mogul field cower in fear and our new Javelin SL our race ready slalom ski that has been redesigned for 08/09.

This is just a taste As soon as I get the rest of the line in my grubby paws, I will post previews. So be ready, Hart is back. www.hartskis.com


Edited for a better picture





Stage 1 124/77/110
Scarab 120/86/110
Boss 121/91/111

104/66/89




Javelin SL 117/65/101


Twisted Twin 120/86/110


Hart Attack 110/63/95
OK Phil "I never did get the whole gear thing" pug I see your quiver rocks us all to shame. I've been extremely happy with everything Hart I've ever owned or skied.

I {HART} those new boards! I still {HART} the older Harts too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion