I've seen a couple of pair on older Masters skiers. Not sure I'd want them for racing, since the strap might wander a bit and create friction at release. OTOH, my plugs leak like a sieve, even with tape, so hmmm.
Related Forum Threads
- What is or was your all time favorite ski boot? Last post on 2/18/16 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Which DIY Liner Heat Molding Technique is Best? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Fischer Vacuum Boot Fitting Last post on 11/17/12 at 8:57pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Binding adjustment to suit new boot length Last post on 11/9/11 at 4:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski purchasing advice Last post on 11/28/11 at 6:11pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Boot Fitting Terms And Glossary
Last edited: 5/14/14
- 2016 Lange Buyers GuideLast edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Bootglove...does it work... - Page 3post #61 of 696/8/13 at 8:56pmpost #62 of 696/8/13 at 8:59pmpost #63 of 696/8/13 at 10:03pmThe big issue usually is that the skier really tightens the boots for the run, and boot gloves interfere with getting to the buckles easily. If you're opening and closing the buckles for each run, it gets tedious. I personally use them, but when my daughter was racing, she felt they were too much trouble. And now that she's no longer racing, she's usually in the woods and stays plenty warm.post #64 of 696/11/13 at 2:33pm
Totally practical on a plug boot if you do NOT buckle and unbuckle your boots on each run, only when you go out and come in.
Totally impractical on ANY boot unless you only buckle and unbuckle when you go out and come back in.
I don't race but use them when it's below about 10F on Dobie 110 semi-plug boots. Boot has nothing to do with it; it's buckling/unbuckling that's the issue.
-l2tpost #65 of 696/11/13 at 3:02pm
Yes, they work, even when your boots are already cold (although it's obviously better to not start out behind the curve).
Absolutely, take them off when you go inside for a break.post #66 of 696/11/13 at 4:07pmI ran across the Boot Gloves while skiing in Deer Park last year in Jans Ski Shop. They kept my feet comfortable in -16 degrees and I am from Ft. Lauderdale. After me and my ski buddies tested them out for a few days, we all came to the conclusion that they will give you an extra 10 degrees or so of comfort. Definitely worthwhile on real cold dayspost #67 of 696/11/13 at 4:16pm
On boots that are close to the smallest fittable boot for a given Boot Glove size (say 24.5 for a size Medium) there is a tendency for the boot glove to pull away from the instep side of the boot and get snow packed up in there.
The elastic stirrup is too far forward and doesn't prevent this.
Edited by cantunamunch - 6/11/13 at 4:32pmpost #68 of 696/13/13 at 8:59ampost #69 of 696/13/13 at 9:20am
Yeah, if you would rather spend 200 bucks instead of 30.
I've had both and find the gloves work just as well as heaters...for me anyway. Of course, everyone is different, but it's a cheap 1st try.
- Bootglove...does it work...
- 2016 Lange Buyers Guide
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 47 seconds ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 3 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 6 minutes ago
- › Who will open first in 2016-17? Guess right and be the EpicSki... 8 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 18 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 22 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 32 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 34 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 37 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 40 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer