Originally Posted by wake
Rocks could be the problems, now I polish them with diamond stone (200) and the file goes very smooth. Do you have any suggestion?
What you say here was going to be my first suggestion.
Next is to check how you use the file. I would ask about:
- pressure in one direction only
- steady pressure without shaking or jerking
- decent quality file guide
- is the file working on only one part of the edge or more
(this can happen when a file is too angled in the guide for a given ski side cut, or when the ski is clamped with a lot of reverse camber)
- changing the position of the file in the guide so that all the teeth get used
But, I suspect you already know this, and RShea might have the real answer.