EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Are these old skis, bindings even worth selling?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are these old skis, bindings even worth selling?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Going through some ski gear, I came across my old (really old) skis from the mid 90's. Trying to decide if it is worth it to: A) sell them as is, B) keep them as a souvenir of when skis were relatively straight (or for a gaper fest), or C) sell the bindings and piss off my wife by pretending to want to use the old skis to decorate our living room.


Skis are Salomon ProEquipe ProLink 2S (Yellow/Black), PR6. I remembered I still had them when I saw the same skis on the box for my Pro500 vise...they're famous

Bindings are Tyrolia 790 FreeFlex PowerPoint with PowerDrive (lots of POWAH!).

Only reason I considered separating the skis/bindings is I found some threads where people still mention selling these bindings...they must be special

Let me know what you think, even if it involves a toxic bon-fire fueled by my skis.:
post #2 of 19
D) Take off bindings, saw skis down a little and use them as the back for an adirondack chair (ala skichair)...
post #3 of 19
Not worth the time it took you to post the question, sorry.


BTW..You lost me at episode 3. I just don't get the series.
post #4 of 19
Hijack!

What about some Volkl AC2/3 (not sure they're at home, im at work) from 2003/04 with marker track bindings. 163 cm. They're in good to very good condition. Could make for a great beginner ski for a youngster, what do you think?
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Not worth the time it took you to post the question, sorry.
yea, didn't think so....prob a bit more tongue in cheek than anything. I hate when people try to pawn this stuff off onto beginners too, since the last thing a beginner needs is a 200cm straight ski to get started. But figured maybe somebody would want the bindings since they seem pretty good.

EDIT: Sarcastic comment removed because I'm a moron, and missed Phil's joke


I think I've found a good use for them....decoration on the ski tuning bench!
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVolkl?35 View Post
Hijack!

What about some Volkl AC2/3 (not sure they're at home, im at work) from 2003/04 with marker track bindings. 163 cm. They're in good to very good condition. Could make for a great beginner ski for a youngster, what do you think?
I would have bought a couple year old Unlimited AC2 or 3's for my wife as beginner skis, if they were shorter (ie 156). LOL I really wanted 07 AC4's for myself, but settled on some closeout Nordica Hotrods.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
yea, didn't think so....prob a bit more tongue in cheek than anything. I hate when people try to pawn this stuff off onto beginners too, since the last thing a beginner needs is a 200cm straight ski to get started. But figured maybe somebody would want the bindings since they seem pretty good.



Haha sorry...maybe when I find time to post 13891 times, I'll write my posts more logically jk
I was making a joke, I was referring to the HBO series "John from Cincinnati"
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
I was making a joke, I was referring to the HBO series "John from Cincinnati"
Foot in mouth...I was making one too but now it isn't as funny Sorry

When that show made its HBO debut, I was travelling for work and saw an ad for the show on the hotel's tv network. I literally had to pause for a second, and wonder if this was some strange, creepy hotel "welcome" or something. Then I realized it really was a show....which turned out to also be strange, and creepy anyway.
post #9 of 19
I loved the show. Granted that I had to re-watch many of the episodes to get the complexitudes of it, but I think deep down it was really an excellent show. I think it was too deep, too complex...etc to get a mainstream following, thus it was cancelled, but i liked it
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVolkl?35 View Post
Hijack!

What about some Volkl AC2/3 (not sure they're at home, im at work) from 2003/04 with marker track bindings. 163 cm. They're in good to very good condition. Could make for a great beginner ski for a youngster, what do you think?
I've been thinking of upgrading from my Rossi Cuts :. I'd certainly be interested in knowing which model AC they were and the specs. I'd also need to know how much you want for them shipped to Montreal and whether the bindings would fit Nordica Size 30.0 boots.

Thanks,

Reid
post #11 of 19
Was Pr6 200cm?
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentianskier View Post
I've been thinking of upgrading from my Rossi Cuts :. I'd certainly be interested in knowing which model AC they were and the specs. I'd also need to know how much you want for them shipped to Montreal and whether the bindings would fit Nordica Size 30.0 boots.

Thanks,

Reid
Not very much, they are 163mm and turns out they are actually a Volkl 724 EXS 163..I really have trouble remembering the models of the skiis in my basement.They are Marker Motion LT Track Bindings fit for a 28.0 boot so I assume they would fit. I'll PM you when I get home from the office with the exact model of the bindings and skis....then if your interested I'll take some quality pics and get them to you...let me know, I know I said ACs but they are 724 EXS
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVolkl?35 View Post
I loved the show. Granted that I had to re-watch many of the episodes to get the complexitudes of it, but I think deep down it was really an excellent show. I think it was too deep, too complex...etc to get a mainstream following, thus it was cancelled, but i liked it
I saw the first couple episodes while travelling, but I don't have HBO at home so I didn't really get into it. Seemed like one of those shows where you couldn't miss an episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantunamunch View Post
Was Pr6 200cm?
I'm not sure, just throwing out a ballpark. Depending on the model, PR6 have been 188cm, 195, 198cm...I've seen all listed. I'd have to actually measure them.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVolkl?35 View Post
Not very much, they are 163mm and turns out they are actually a Volkl 724 EXS 163..I really have trouble remembering the models of the skiis in my basement.They are Marker Motion LT Track Bindings fit for a 28.0 boot so I assume they would fit. I'll PM you when I get home from the office with the exact model of the bindings and skis....then if your interested I'll take some quality pics and get them to you...let me know, I know I said ACs but they are 724 EXS
http://archive.skireviews.co.uk/en/v...xs-review.html the exact ski.
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
I think the 724 eventually turned into the Volkl Supersport series (ie 5 star I think??)....not a bad ski from what I've heard. Never actually skied them though so my opinion is worthless
post #16 of 19
No, the 724 line was part of the Freeride skis. Not the Supersport series.
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Maybe I was confused because it seemed so many people compared the 04 724's with the '05 supersport line! Thanks for the heads up!
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVolkl?35 View Post
Not very much, they are 163mm and turns out they are actually a Volkl 724 EXS 163..I really have trouble remembering the models of the skiis in my basement.They are Marker Motion LT Track Bindings fit for a 28.0 boot so I assume they would fit. I'll PM you when I get home from the office with the exact model of the bindings and skis....then if your interested I'll take some quality pics and get them to you...let me know, I know I said ACs but they are 724 EXS
Thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciate the info. That is a terrific looking ski but very close in dimensions to the Rossignol Cut 10.5 Pros I am looking to replace. They might be a significant upgrade on my current skis however I am not familiar enough with the model to be sure so I am afraid I will have to pass.
I'm thinking of a used AC2, 3 or a new AC Motion or even the basic AC Unlimited as replacements. Had they been AC2s or 3s I would have definitely been interested.
Thanks again. Reid
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVolkl?35 View Post
I loved the show. Granted that I had to re-watch many of the episodes to get the complexitudes of it, but I think deep down it was really an excellent show. I think it was too deep, too complex...etc to get a mainstream following, thus it was cancelled, but i liked it

me too good show, as was Dead Wood, which was basically the same cast...guess my GF is right I am a little weird.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Are these old skis, bindings even worth selling?