or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Holiday Valley Dec 19th

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Planning on skiing at HV Wendesday from opening bell to right after lunch if anybody plans on being around. I'm banking on about 4 decent nights of snowmaking prior to my arrival to improve conditions. Look forward to meeting any Bears if they are in the neighborhood.

Heluva has convinced to seek out the services of Mud Sweat and Gears to get my fit and alignment right. It will be my Christmas present to myself. Next week's weather looks encouraging.
post #2 of 11
I might be, I will let you know.
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Look forward to it, fischermh. Looked at their snow report today and they were forecasting 4 in. today. Here in Pittsburgh, all rain ,When I got the mail there were puddles in the yard.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundturns View Post
Heluva has convinced to seek out the services of Mud Sweat and Gears to get my fit and alignment right. It will be my Christmas present to myself. Next week's weather looks encouraging.
Call ahead. Make sure Miguel or Dennis are going to be there and possibly Chad as well (Chad does footbeds). I'll be working that day, but if anyone wanted to ski in the evening...
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
I have to leave the afternoon of the 19th to be back in Pittsburgh for a meeting the AM of the 20th. I think I will be in Ellicottville sometime about mid afternoon on the 18th, after I have lunch with a customer in Bradford, Pa. So if people wanted to meet to ski for a couple of hrs .the evening of the 18th, I would be able to do that as well as ski during the morning till right after lunch the 19th.

Maybe I should maximize my ski time while in WNY because we're getting hit hard with nothing but rain here. I doubt skiing this weekend here will be any good, and the long range over the holiday period looked iffy as well. Might be the best snow I see for awhile.
post #6 of 11
I'd be available to ski either night, the 18th or the 19th, whichever is better. I just can't take a day off right now due to my building project which has a time clause in the contract.

i need to get with Heluva about some details on the HV Gathering anyhow. Can you do the 18th Greg?
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
I'd be available to ski either night, the 18th or the 19th, whichever is better. I just can't take a day off right now due to my building project which has a time clause in the contract.

i need to get with Heluva about some details on the HV Gathering anyhow. Can you do the 18th Greg?
Yeah, I think I can swing the 18th. Let me get back to you during the day on Monday after I return from Stowe.
post #8 of 11
I can meet you. I can get there by about 9:30 AM on the 19th.

Let me know.

Also have a 1/2 off coupon if interested.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundturns View Post
I doubt skiing this weekend here will be any good, and the long range over the holiday period looked iffy as well. Might be the best snow I see for awhile.
Sunday *might* turn out to be pretty good for those of us adventurous enough to head up through Pissburgh's freezing rain/sleet. IF and that's a big if it snows, the guns will also be mixing in some cream cheese, but it's all we got right now.

I know I'm going up to the Springs in hopes of a few decent hours.

So it's not a total hijack, I wish I could be at HV for that date, but I won't be there until Feb. 23rd for 4 days. I hope it's dumping big time then : I'm anxious to ski the trees there and try their parks.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
I give Seven Springs all the credit in the world to try and provide the best skiing possible. Its unfortunate the snow storms predicted are going to probably have some frozen precip in between them. Maybe we'll get lucky and it won't be too bad of an ice event. Hopefully the snow making windows can continue through Christmas week. I'd love to be riding that new high speed by New Years or before! Wishful thinking?
post #11 of 11
Wishful thinking? Unfortunately, I think so. The long range isn't very promising.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home