Lisakaz told her tale of the lost boys of NJ,
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Categories: let's see how many I recall (I had percentages once, but I'll forgo those) -- mamma's boys (same as emotionally immature or incapable of a relationship), gay, taken, criminal, insane, self-absorbed, unfunny, unattractive, not interested
Let's see, just to be gender-balanced here (and taken mostly from my between-marriages single adventure in Central New Jersey), my "types of women" list:
1) Lovable alchoholic commitment-phobic who starts fights with bikers on boats on the Passaic River, requiring trips to the drunk tank after emergency canoe trip. (I'd probably still be a little bit in love with this one, but the thrill wore off years later when she called me up trying to get me into some multi-level marketing scam...)
2) Less-than-lovable alchoholic divorcee who starts barfights, cops come, gets herself thrown in the back of the cop car. I gallantly talk the Perth Amboy cops out of the arrest and offer to drive (just drive) her home, ending up cruising for hours up and down the shore attempting to find her place, while she's too incoherent to tell me her correct address.
Then when I finally get her home she criticizes my car for being cheaper than her Mercedes. Which is especially painful because it's actually a rental due to my better (still not a Mercedes)car being in the body shop from my sliding off the road in a fit of despondency from commitment-phobic #1 dumping me precipitously some weeks earlier. Right after she had told me how much she loved me.
3) Commitment-phobic engaged women who talk on and on about why they're probably marrying the wrong guy. Boring fiancee, he's always traveling, he makes her enter all her atm transactions into Quicken, other abusive types. (I've made a point NEVER to ask Lisa to use Quicken!)
4) Married women who just happened to lose their wedding rings (making me think they are type 3). With suddenly-discovered husbands who turn donuts in the parking lot of restauarants in paroxysms of road rage looking for said straying wife who is hiding under my dashboard.
5)Single mothers (not at all a problem in itself) who decide to parent me and tell me what I should wear and eat.
6)Single mother helicopter mechanic with commitment issues, taste for Maurita's margaritas, and with a mother she lives with who doesn't want her dating at age 26.
7)Single mother (see, who says guys won't date single mothers?) professional who suddenly says "you remind me of my brother in jail." Hmmm.
8) Commitment-phobic grad student temporarily in NJ who regale me with tales of casual sex with f*** buddies, tells me how much she'd want to sleep with me, and then doesn't! Gee thanks for the information. Didn't turn out to be "news you can use."
BTW, only #4 skiied, and that was probably only in Bogners, at places with good shopping.
Maybe it's not you, Lisakaz. Might just be the slim pickin's in either gender in Central New Jersey!
I moved to Manhattan, met strange girl Lisa within a few months, 4 months later she says "let's go away to celebrate 4 months and then think about saying goodbye" while also saying "this would be nice to do when we're old", I figure this is my kind of crazy woman.
In the classic "triumph of hope over experience" I decide that I absolutely have to marry this one (while still working out the legal dealings and such with my then not-quite-yet ex-wife.)
Beaches, moonlight walk, proposal, yada yada yada, eventually newly-minted skiing fanatic Lisamarie emerges and won't stop posting!
So don't give up hope!
[This message has been edited by MarkXS (edited August 24, 2001).]</FONT>