You may be an over the hill ski racer if.
1. You’re not European, and you recognize the name Hermann Maier.
2. You can actually spell the name Aksel Lund Svindal. (And you know it isn’t a ripoff involving a Saab front suspension recall notice.)
3. You aren’t a medical professional, but you can name all the ligaments of the knee, and you even know which ones grow back after injury.
4. There are medical charts with your name on them in several ski towns.
5. One of your knees has been in rehab more often than Lindsay Lohan.
6. When someone tells you to “grab your bully” to “finish faster” you don’t get all offended.
7. You actually know what the abbreviations ILE, OLF and PET are supposed to stand for. Not, however, that it seems to do you much good.
8. Whacking into things in below freezing temperatures at 45 mph while wearing hardly any clothes isn’t the mistake. It’s actually, in fact, the plan.
9. At least one of your body parts has been iced so frequently that one of your freckles resembles Walt Disney’s head.
10. You’re reading this on EpicSki or ModernSkiRacing and laughing…
[Your upgrades, comments, or additions to the above list cheerfully appreciated…]
Think snow and best wishes for a great season,