EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › A tip when demoing skis and looking to purchase...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A tip when demoing skis and looking to purchase... - Page 2

post #31 of 42
are you supposed to tip 10, 15 or 20% when you demo?
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post
ever hear of this really cool thing called UPS?????
The same UPS that destroyed my comp 14s even when they were triple bubble wrapped and scratched the **** out of my tigers?

I would have shipped, but couldnt find a shipping place with nessicary stuff to ship.
post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL View Post
OT but just curious. Why is it that the B5s get zero mention this year when they seemed to be the most talked/posted about ski last year (or was that the year before)? Why did they go from hero to zero?
Not everyone was sold. See my demo report http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=22640
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
I would have shipped, but couldnt find a shipping place with nessicary stuff to ship.
You were someplace without ski shops? Odd.

Trick for getting a bunch of skis on the airplane: Pull your bindings and stuff them in your carryon or checked bag. I did four pair this way once.
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
You were someplace without ski shops? Odd.

Trick for getting a bunch of skis on the airplane: Pull your bindings and stuff them in your carryon or checked bag. I did four pair this way once.
I barely had any room to begin with . Wont pack as much next time, or I'll get a bigger bag.
post #36 of 42
I have a serious question coming from threads in this forum re:
--Buying demos
--Paying for demos with Brazilian cruzerios, 10 million cruz.=$1
--Demoing demos
--Carrying on demos on airplanes in lunch bags
--Demoing reps
--Repping demos

And the question is::What does lol mean??

JONGGGG

--help me Rhonda/JER
post #37 of 42
Phil, what would you offer to take these demos off theirr hands, 50% of list?
post #38 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
Phil, what would you offer to take these demos off theirr hands, 50% of list?
Rarely will you have to make an offer, these guys know what they need out of the gear. With that said, it is usually a very good price so there really isn't much if any room to negotiate, maybe a hat or a t-shirt thrown in thats about it.
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Rarely will you have to make an offer, these guys know what they need out of the gear. With that said, it is usually a very good price so there really isn't much if any room to negotiate, maybe a hat or a t-shirt thrown in thats about it.
Or maybe they will wax'em up for you?
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
Phil, what would you offer to take these demos off theirr hands, 50% of list?
Less. Alot less.
post #41 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
are you supposed to tip 10, 15 or 20% when you demo?
A burger at lunch time or a beer near the end of the demo goes a real long way to getting a ski that he might be on the fence about unloading.
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
You were someplace without ski shops? Odd.

Trick for getting a bunch of skis on the airplane: Pull your bindings and stuff them in your carryon or checked bag. I did four pair this way once.
You might find it tougher to do this now. Depending on the airline, there are all sorts of new baggage regulations/fees.

For many airlines, skis would normally qualify as an oversize item. However, most airlines are allowing the combination of 1 pair of skies, 1 pair of bindings, 1 pair of boots, and 1 pair of poles to count as a single piece of regular (no oversize fee) baggage.

With the exception of a few airlines (eg Southwest), airlines are typically charging $25 (each way) for a second piece of checked baggage (and some are charging $15 for the first piece).

That means your first pair of skis/bindings/boots could cost you $50 for the round trip.

To make matters worse, I have heard that airlines are getting much stricter in enforcing their policies. That mean that if they find > 1 pair of skis in the bag, they will likely hit you with an oversize item fee.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › A tip when demoing skis and looking to purchase...