or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Summit County 9-13 Dec! - Page 2

post #31 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCube View Post
Uh, if he ever comes home from the job site, I'll ask!
Hey he wasted 20 minutes talking to me on the phone the other day when he could have been working. What a slacker:

Snow's looking good for 9-13 Dec and anyone who wants to hook up please chime in.

I've even thought of doing a 3 hour drive from Summit over to Crested Butte just to check it out and the tickets are free.

Right now it looks like 3 Abasin, 1 Copper, 1 Loveland based on my pass/4 pack situation, but I can certainly be talked into other options:

See everyone in a few days.
post #32 of 70
Well it looks like winter finally made it here! But what the Heck happen to Bodie Miller today at the Beav?
Worked at the "Man Cave" this weekend Should-off Could-off , but were working on a Deadline!
Anyhow at least a everyones has a base to work with now! 3" to 15" was the report for area along the 70. Bet it was nice today!
13" at the Cave along with 18 degrees at 4pm today.
View out the kitchen window!
525x525px-LL-vbattach2348.jpg
post #33 of 70
^^^ Great view, Mr. Vert!

Another storm is forecasted to drop 7-12" on Wednesday. However, it's supposed to be in the low 40's up here today.
post #34 of 70
Cool pic, Mr. V. It's cold here (30s) but no snow. I had to laugh at your reference to "Man Cave." UL has already named the covered porch "Man Porch" and the view out the kitchen window will feature cows, a pretty cool albeit dead tree, and a whole lotta pasture land. Your view rocks!
post #35 of 70
I will be at Copper on 11th and 12th... Perhaps we can hook up for dinner on the 11th if not time on-snow (I'm guiding both days if I get a group)? Let me know the plan!
post #36 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
I will be at Copper on 11th and 12th... Perhaps we can hook up for dinner on the 11th if not time on-snow (I'm guiding both days if I get a group)? Let me know the plan!
Steve,

I'll plan on a Copper day the 11th or 12th after I talk to Bong and post here. Dinner or something for sure and I'll selfishly hope you don't get a group on the day I'm at Copper
post #37 of 70
Sounds good. I'll be in Jack's about 8:30 both days...
post #38 of 70
you guys are killing me!

i'm still down and out with the back (had round 2 with Kaiser today and they told me to chill until i see a PT) and we still are suffering less than optimal WROD syndrome in Tahoe (though we did have a little rain here in SF last night so maybe there was a dusting further West/North).

have a blast JGiddy! hopefully i'll be sweetness come January.
post #39 of 70
Hey Jim, where are you planning for Monday? I'll be in Summit Co this weekend for the boot camp, and I'm taking Monday off... too recover. lol I may stay over Sunday night if it's ok with my host, and ski the morning Monday.
post #40 of 70
Dook, take care of that! Get better. The snow will be better later, anyway...
post #41 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
you guys are killing me!

i'm still down and out with the back (had round 2 with Kaiser today and they told me to chill until i see a PT) and we still are suffering less than optimal WROD syndrome in Tahoe (though we did have a little rain here in SF last night so maybe there was a dusting further West/North).

have a blast JGiddy! hopefully i'll be sweetness come January.
Heal well and quickly Dookey and may Tahoe get some weather love soon. See you in Jan for sure:


Ssh,

Copper on the 11th for me and let's plan on an early dinner that evening if you can make it.
post #42 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiddyup View Post
Copper on the 11th for me and let's plan on an early dinner that evening if you can make it.
Should be able to do. I'm going to see if I can find a place to crash overnight, too.
post #43 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
Hey Jim, where are you planning for Monday? I'll be in Summit Co this weekend for the boot camp, and I'm taking Monday off... too recover. lol I may stay over Sunday night if it's ok with my host, and ski the morning Monday.
Looks Probably Abasin Monday Mike, but I'll post here on Saturday to let people know for sure. Have fun at Keystone and I'll give you a call.


Steve,

I'll give you a call on Monday to make sure we're on.
post #44 of 70
My new friend the weather lady with the Big,








Eyebrows, is saying Snow & more Snow for the Mts. Hope it's far enough east to get some goods in the right areas.
Back side of Tucker on the way home tonight, wind washed a bit away in the last few days.






Eye
525x525px-LL-vbattach2364.jpg
post #45 of 70
I've got a landing pad, so I'll be staying overnight on Tuesday... It'll be great to see you and anyone else who's around... Let us know if you want to hook up for dinner on Tuesday!
post #46 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
I've got a landing pad, so I'll be staying overnight on Tuesday... It'll be great to see you and anyone else who's around... Let us know if you want to hook up for dinner on Tuesday!
What he said: Anyone interested in dinner on Tuesday evening whether skiing or not please chime in.

The snow looks like it will be fantastic and I'll be at Loveland on the 9th. Meet at the base lodge by the bar at 8:15. My 1st day of the season and it should be grand

It will be Copper for sure on the 11th. Meet at Jack's at 8:45. Hopefully ssh will not get a group and can ski with us(total selfish wish).

10th/12th and 13th are still up in the air.

I'll be the tall guy with a red spyder jacket and krypton boots. Anyone can PM me for a cell number if they desire and look forward to meeting/skiing with any Bears who can come.:
post #47 of 70
Faisasy,
Hope your on the Mt. today! Bet this weekend is going to be Packed! Nice storm!
Conditions will make for some Great next few days!

www.coloradoski.com for the full report!
Jim, CB just to 20" with 4'total if this storm produces!
post #48 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vertical View Post
Faisasy,
Hope your on the Mt. today! Bet this weekend is going to be Packed! Nice storm!
Conditions will make for some Great next few days!
Unfortunately, my right leg is still not 100% from the ACL surgery, and I am not able to take advantage of all this great pow (unstable surface and all - doc's advice). I did get out yesterday for a few hours and it was fun, but stuff that requires a constant balancing act (e.g. powder, big bumps) are still a little ways off for me.

For those of you who can ski today, you're in for a treat. The snow is light and thigh deep at our place in the valley. They're dropping ropes all over the place -- it's going to be one of those days I think.

PS - the roads are snowpacked and VERY slick -- drive safe.
post #49 of 70
Jim and skiing crazies…

Would like to jump work and come up for a ski with you on the 10th. Perhaps A-Basin would work…maybe where these two notorious guys are standing would be a good meeting spot:

[bonus...I'll buy a post ski beer for the the first one who can correctly name all the bears in this photo]

post #50 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisasy View Post
I did get out yesterday for a few hours and it was fun, but stuff that requires a constant balancing act (e.g. powder, big bumps) are still a little ways off for me.

Faisasy:

Great news on your improvement as it must be very satisfying to slide again [any chance for a few turns with a more stable pack by Monday?]
post #51 of 70
Thread Starter 
Abasin on the 10th is fine Don and will be great to ski with you again.

So far we've got:

Loveland on the 9th meet by the base lodge bar at 8:15.

Abasin on the 10th meet by the bar at 8:45

Copper on the 11th meet at Jack's at 8:45.

Still working on the 12th and 13th.
post #52 of 70
Thread Starter 
Hope Faisal can join us for a few groomers on one day at least

Bears in the photo are:

jgiddyup
dondenver
lewbob
uncle louie
vikingkaj
my niece autumn
jason
garyskr's friend dan.


Does that get a free beer:
post #53 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiddyup View Post
Does that get a free beer:
Yes Jim...although the answer could be considered incomplete as I do think Viking considers those horns bears…and I understand they have names :
post #54 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDenver View Post
Yes Jim...although the answer could be considered incomplete as I do think Viking considers those horns bears…and I understand they have names :
That is scary!

...of course, I don't doubt it a bit! :
post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDenver View Post

Faisasy:

Great news on your improvement as it must be very satisfying to slide again [any chance for a few turns with a more stable pack by Monday?]
Thanks -- it feels great to be out there again. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town Monday through Thursday this coming week. Next time.

EDIT: NOAA is calling for another 8-16" by tomorrow morning.
post #56 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisasy View Post
Thanks -- it feels great to be out there again. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town Monday through Thursday this coming week. Next time.
Bummer... We won't even see you for dinner, then!

Soon, I hope!
post #57 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
Bummer... We won't even see you for dinner, then!

Soon, I hope!
Soon indeed as he's one of the many people who make "Epic" the great site that it is:
post #58 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiddyup View Post
Soon indeed as he's one of the many people who make "Epic" the great site that it is:
You ain't kiddin'...

He's an exceptional skier, a joy-filled person, a great conversationalist, a contagious alpinist, one of the best photographers on EpicSki, and an excellent video producer.

I've missed him a bunch! I don't know that I've seen him since lunch in Highlands Ranch...

Which reminds me... Where's Noodler?!
post #59 of 70
Thread Starter 
Change to meeting time for Loveland on Sunday!!!

New time is 9:00 as I have to pick up my ski's from Precision in Frisco at 8:00.

See everyone there and Faisal may join us for a couple hours in the morning
post #60 of 70
Jim:

EPIC snow today! Epic! Betsy and I made it up to A-Basin today. We seemed to time the patrol pulling rope on a couple of runs perfectly and hit waist deep. Mucho moisture in the air...had some snow fog at times with a flat light that had you wondering which end was up. Witness many folks [yes...I was one of them] taking headers in the deep and spent some serious time probing for wood and getting yourself off the deck. All Fun

We will miss Sunday at Love as we have a daughter commitment. However, talked to Mr. Vertical last night; we’ll car pool up to Loveland Monday morning.

Get those ski legs warmed up!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home