EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Anybody else on Blizzard Magnesium race skis this year?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anybody else on Blizzard Magnesium race skis this year?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
I was so pleased with last years skiing on Blizzard Magnesium SL that I bought new last years model SL and GS skis last spring that I have been waxing a couple of times a week this fall. Cant wait for winter .
post #2 of 20
I picked up a 3-year-old pair of 182cm Sigma RS's, the cheapest but best acquisition I expect.

Michael
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettscv View Post
I picked up a 3-year-old pair of 182cm Sigma RS's, the cheapest but best acquisition I expect.

Michael
This ski?
http://archive.skireviews.co.uk/en/b...rs-review.html

Great skis from 2005. My whife used the jr model until last year.
post #4 of 20
My younger brother is on the Mag SL this year. I just mounted, tuned, and waxed them. I suspect he will be waxing them several more times before the season starts. I am impressed with the quality of the skis this year in comparisons to previous years. This years skis are much more refined looking than even the 3-yearold skis that Michael picked up this season (which are still great skis). I can't wait to ski the Blizzard SL though. I have only ever skied the GS skis (so far have skied an 04 and an 05 GS).

Later

GREG

For me this season it is all Fischer...
post #5 of 20
I have 2 pair, one for me and one for my son who will be doing some college racing. Both are mounted with VIST Speedlock and Marker 14.0's. Fun skis for hard snow.
post #6 of 20
I have a pair of 182 GS and a pair of 165 SL. I skied them both at the end of last season and was VERY impressed. The new GS's I have are a slightly different shape than the ones I tried last spring. Apparently they hadn't finalized a shape yet. I'll report back when I try these new ones.
post #7 of 20
If I saw a screaming deal on one of their SL skis I would pick a pair up. Sold a pair a couple years back and I've regretted it since.
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdk6 View Post
This ski?
http://archive.skireviews.co.uk/en/b...rs-review.html

Great skis from 2005. My whife used the jr model until last year.
Yes,

:::

Michael
post #9 of 20
I picked up a pair of 05-06 Blizzard WC Magnesium SL's for my husband, but haven't mounted them yet.
I'm pretty anxious to see how he likes them. I'm guessing he's gonna love 'em.

He's trying to decide if he needs new boots before we mount bindings.
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
My younger brother is on the Mag SL this year. I just mounted, tuned, and waxed them. I suspect he will be waxing them several more times before the season starts. I am impressed with the quality of the skis this year in comparisons to previous years. This years skis are much more refined looking than even the 3-yearold skis that Michael picked up this season (which are still great skis). I can't wait to ski the Blizzard SL though. I have only ever skied the GS skis (so far have skied an 04 and an 05 GS).

Later

GREG

For me this season it is all Fischer...
It would be interesting to know if there are any changes to the ski between last years model and this years. The only change I know of is the plate that is insted of two black plastic blocks two white plastic blocks with a aluminum plate on top. And the graphics offcourse.

I did some measuring and mounted the bindings so that my boot centermark came 10mm in front of the ski center mark.
post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
I have a pair of 182 GS and a pair of 165 SL. I skied them both at the end of last season and was VERY impressed. The new GS's I have are a slightly different shape than the ones I tried last spring. Apparently they hadn't finalized a shape yet. I'll report back when I try these new ones.
In 2006 I tested the 182 Mags GS and liked them a lot but now when I bought new ones last spring I opted for the 185 model. Its more narrow, somenting like 102/63/88 if I remember correctly. I think its the womens GS ski from 2007 because its turn radius is calculated to 21m. That should be ok for me and our small hill master club racing.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
If I saw a screaming deal on one of their SL skis I would pick a pair up. Sold a pair a couple years back and I've regretted it since.
I had 2 pair that I had on here listed for sale...where were you?
post #13 of 20
I think I can access some of these 06-07 SLR's if any one wants. They will have very limited days on them. W/ IQ bindings.

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
He's trying to decide if he needs new boots before we mount bindings.
The answer is YES!
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
The answer is YES!
: You mean the RX 960's might have seen their last days on the slopes???? :
post #16 of 20
I'm a new happy owner of SL Magnesium skis thanks to TDK. Marker 14.0 EPS bindings should be mounted today and hopefully the skis see some snow soon. Great to hear that there are others who like the ski too coz I bought them without demo trusting TDK's opinion.
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
I had 2 pair that I had on here listed for sale...where were you?
Ya gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat trekchick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
I picked up a pair of 05-06 Blizzard WC Magnesium SL's for my husband, but haven't mounted them yet.
I'm pretty anxious to see how he likes them. I'm guessing he's gonna love 'em.

He's trying to decide if he needs new boots before we mount bindings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
The answer is YES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
: You mean the RX 960's might have seen their last days on the slopes???? :
I shoulda' bought your Flexons. They're almost in the same era that my husband lives.


As for the Blizzard Mag SL's, He's pretty excited about those but WILL NOT get on anything wider than a 78 waist.
I'll report back on his fun on the SL's
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
I'm a new happy owner of SL Magnesium skis thanks to TDK. Marker 14.0 EPS bindings should be mounted today and hopefully the skis see some snow soon. Great to hear that there are others who like the ski too coz I bought them without demo trusting TDK's opinion.
Wellcome to epic my friend. Good first post, TDK mentioned twise . Glad you like the skis and hopefully we will get some snow time soon!
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
As for the Blizzard Mag SL's, He's pretty excited about those but WILL NOT get on anything wider than a 78 waist.
He must have remembered that he only ever skis in Michigan.
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
He must have remembered that he only ever skis in Michigan.
Greg, you can't duck fast enough! I've got great aim!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Anybody else on Blizzard Magnesium race skis this year?