New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chestnut Mtn, IL - dollar days

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Anybody going? First 15 days of Dec.. I may be living there at that price...
post #2 of 23
I've never made it up to Chestnut, I usually just head up to WI, but I'm gonna try to check em out while it's cheap.

Maybe 2nd and 3rd or 9th and 10th.
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Let me know when you might make it.. I can close the shop up hopefully
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
w00t!! They made snow last night, and are anticipating a nov 30th opening still! And real snow coming tonight to help out. I love winter!
post #5 of 23
Please tell me they aren't opening your resorts in IL before the places in Michigan open!!
That won't make trekchick happy.
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
you can come down.. I think I'll take a few days off instead of driving 400 miles a day.

The real snow of course didn't come..

Still on schedule for the 3-5th for my openers. Hurt as it will.. lol

I need a laptop before then to work from the hill.. then I can stay longer.. maybe forever (exit acid trip dream)
post #7 of 23
Looks like opener for Caberfae is Dec 1st.

According to Kneale Boyne is opening this weekend.
http://forums.epicski.com/showpost.p...96&postcount=7
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Please tell me they aren't opening your resorts in IL before the places in Michigan open!!
That won't make trekchick happy.
Believe it or not Wilmot Mountain is opening up tomorrow at 2PM

http://www.wilmotmountain.com/
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Skier View Post
Believe it or not Wilmot Mountain is opening up tomorrow at 2PM

http://www.wilmotmountain.com/
Way to go Wilmot! Cascade, Tyrol, and Sunburst are open too. Probably Granite Peak as well.

i went to Sunburst today. Small hill, but slow lifts. Had a blast.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Skier View Post
Believe it or not Wilmot Mountain is opening up tomorrow at 2PM

http://www.wilmotmountain.com/
Yep! Anyone heading up there tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWskier View Post
Way to go Wilmot! Cascade, Tyrol, and Sunburst are open too. Probably Granite Peak as well.

i went to Sunburst today. Small hill, but slow lifts. Had a blast.
How much did Sunburst have open? I haven't checked their site in a bit, last I'd seen it was one run.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by num View Post

How much did Sunburst have open? I haven't checked their site in a bit, last I'd seen it was one run.
Just one run with one double lift. I talked to the snow maker in the bar and they will be making snow around the clock (over the weekend, weather permitting) starting at 9:00 tonight. They should be able to get the other double lift open. Lift ticket was $15 on Friday.
post #12 of 23
Just got an e-mail from Sunburst. They are advertising 2 lifts for Saturday.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by num View Post
Yep! Anyone heading up there tomorrow?



How much did Sunburst have open? I haven't checked their site in a bit, last I'd seen it was one run.

I think I'm going to give it a shot. Any word yet on Alpine Valley?
post #14 of 23
Hey RoboGeek, when's it looking like your first day will be? Do you know how much/what runs they usually open in the first few days?
post #15 of 23
Thread Starter 
Chestnut is open. Dollar days are now in effect. Lift ticket price equals the date. I think I'll be there tues or wed. Its looking like the icestorm may be a snowstorm there, so hopefully it doesn't mess up the base they already have down.
I'm going to be there as many times as possible during dollar days.. I need to get much better to go to other meets. Its 200 miles each way for me so if anybody want's to split a cheap room in one of the nearby towns let me know. Thats cheaper and easier than driving that far..
post #16 of 23
Looks like I'm gonna head up to Chestnut tomorrow (Sunday). Anyone gonna be around?
post #17 of 23
Spending the night up here, so I'll be around Monday as well. If you see someone in black pants and jacket with curly black pigtails say hi.
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
I'm heading up thurs (13th).. ice storms and bad forecasting of horrid weather kept me home for many sessions I planned.

They say 1-3 inches overnight and theres not a cloud in the sky.. I'm ignoring it and going anyway! That will get my pre-season in - I may hang overnight if weather and business allow

Lets not give up, and keep on planning something later in the year - out of ice storm season!
post #19 of 23

Friday - Dec. 14

Anybody going to Chestnut on Friday the 14th? I am thinking about going alone since no one that I ski with wants to go, but will probably go to Alpine Valley again rather than ski alone. Let me know.
post #20 of 23
I'll be there the 16th with a pack of adolescent snowboarders!


Please, someone save me!
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
I'm going to try later this week - between ice storms and customers I got screwed out of every trip so far. Good news is I can ski down my roof now!
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboGeek View Post
I'm going to try later this week - between ice storms and customers I got screwed out of every trip so far. Good news is I can ski down my roof now!
Pictures, please!
post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 
I'm going to try for this thurs (20th).. still tentative.. but weather looks good and work schedule looks ok so far
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home