Just to Clarify:
1. "you end up way in the back seat": No one skiing the SVMM style is way in the back seat. What you are seeing is correct fore/aft positioning as the skier comes up the back side of the mogul, a place I am guessing you never venture.
2. "doesn't give the method any more credibility": Our method is based in the long-term evolution of correct skiing, the carved turn. That gives it quite a bit of credibility.
3. Fantastically mediorce? Let's all get together for a little ski-off this winter and see if we can define who is actually mediorce. If you show up we will give you gas money. Can we target sometime in first quarter at a nuetral location - say Snowbird? Or, you could bring your cohorts to Sun Valley this season for the Lane Parrish Pro GS/Mogul Combined. This event is a GS on one day and a mogul contest on the second day, with the best combined score winning. There are also individual winners in each event. I am willing to bet you, that no matter who you bring, our best female skier will place higher in the combined. I am also willing to bet that one of our over-50 skiers will out point you in either event, BMM. Gentlemen, get your wallets out; the Lane Parrish does a good job of identifying the true all-around skiers.
Throughout our careers we have thrown out the we-pay-for-gas challenge and no one has shown up yet. BMM, will you be the first?
4. "former WC skiers": Wrong again, the Cordeau Institute (home of SVMM) has two NorAm ranked skiers doing WC cup (Moguls) this year. Will we see you, along with them, at the U.S. team qualifier in Park City in December?
5. Contrary to what you seem to believe, we actually use World Class skiers to "dupe the public" as you put it. Actually, our skiers are the real deal, no duping going on. In the SVMM camp is: the top ranked Jr GS skier for his age in this country. A top five Skiercross competitor (until injured) from the Honda Tour, and another skier that has already been invited to a new segment of ski competition scheduled to air on TV this year (more on this invitation-only event as it develops). I could go on, because there is more.
6. "Until this came up":Inspite of the SAB web page, I for one accept that WC skiing is a legitimate segment of skiing, but just not for everyone. To show respect, the verbage on that page will be softened a bit this week, but our position remains consistant. WC mogul tech - not for the masses.
Did I just let the dog's loose?
P.S. BMM, not trying to jump on you with both feet here, but I think we all need to keep this discussion based in the facts.