I have the sony A1, which is an incrediable camera, super easy to use and of the highest quality. If that is quite expensive, my opinion is too definitely keen in the sony range!
- topicPhotography And Videographytagged by System, 3/23/09
Related Forum Threads
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Yesterday at 4:22 am in General Skiing Discussion
- September 2016 Image of the Month Thread Last post on 9/30/16 at 1:59pm in General Skiing Discussion
- August 2016 Image of the Month Thread Last post on 8/31/16 at 8:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- July 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 8/2/16 at 5:18pm in General Skiing Discussion
- June 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 6/29/16 at 2:57pm in General Skiing Discussion
Crudology By Bob Barnes
Last edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Video camera recommendation on the slopes - Page 2post #32 of 366/8/09 at 10:05pm
I've had the VIO POV helmet cam for a couple of seasons now, still working on getting an ideal mounting point for both skiing and sports car fun. If you're curious, go to YouTube and look for user "eyestrainfilms". The video may not be the greatest; but the camera is small, the recorder easily fits in a jacket pocket (or on your chest in a radio harness), battery life is pretty good (I use rechargeable AAs), and you can now stuff an 8G SDHC card in there which is supposed to be good for about 6 hours of recording.
I'm also now in the market for a non-helmet camera to supplement that. I've got an Olympus 850SW which is water/shock/freeze resistant and nice for stills (the panorama mode is cool), but video is limited to 10 seconds. There's almost nothing in the way of consumer-grade waterproof camcorders, Panasonic is coming out with some and Sanyo has the VPC-WH1. The Sanyo looks OK on paper, but I have yet to see one in a store. Does anybody have hands-on experience with that?
- Carlpost #33 of 366/8/09 at 11:46pmpost #34 of 366/9/09 at 10:56am
agreed irafar! I have one pre-ordered on amazon. Can't wait, its made by this company called vholdr. And im pretty sure it's semi-waterproof, so my clumsy ass can't break it! You can't beat that picture either.
Edited by Shred92 - 6/9/2009 at 06:19 pm GMTpost #35 of 366/11/09 at 2:57pmpost #36 of 366/11/09 at 10:30pm
I think I will take the Contour HD as soon as I get spare 300$...If nothing better comes out / gets cheaper...
It's uncomfortable and dangerous to hold camera in your hand... Must avoid falling...
Now only helmet camera... It's designed for sports :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Video camera recommendation on the slopes
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob Barnes
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 2 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 11 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 15 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 24 minutes ago
- › Montage Mountain, PA — 2016 JAN 25 — GreyPilgrim 37 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 38 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 42 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 49 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 56 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 57 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer