EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › General Sports › 11/4 The game of the season...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

11/4 The game of the season...

Poll Results: Whose gonna win?

Poll expired: Nov 3, 2007  
  • 68% (11)
    Patriots
  • 31% (5)
    Colts
16 Total Votes  
post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Who will win? Patriots of Bahstun? Colt formally of Bo-t-mo. ?
post #2 of 26
Boston sports are on a roll. Patsies in another landslide 45-28
post #3 of 26
New England will win setting up home field advantage in the play-offs resulting in a snowy game against Pittsburgh who's superior rushing attack will steamroll over New England.
post #4 of 26
Pittsburgh...you're joking right?
post #5 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
Pittsburgh...you're joking right?
Nope. Pittsburgh is an old-fashion team with a physical defense and knock em' down run oriented offense. It is the type of team you don't want to play against in cold, winter weather.
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
It is the type of team you don't want to play against in cold, winter weather.
It's the type of team that is in a lot of trouble if they get behind on the scoreboard...that could happen.

The Patriot's got caught bending the rule book. The NFL smacked 'em on the pee-pee, now they are making the league pay. They are professional, they are focused and they are pissed-off. They aren't getting beat anytime soon. The Colt's are the only team that matches up with them, they can score AND play D, they have a good shot...Pittsburgh doesn't.
post #7 of 26
By December, after all their victories the siege mentality of the Patriots will have worn off. They will be cocky from playing in the balmy weather New England's been having and all the loop-sided victories. We'll see how they react when the nasty weather disrupts their passing attack and they have to run against a physical of a team with a chip on its shoulder.
post #8 of 26
You might be right. We'll find out Dec. 9th, won't we?
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
Nope. Pittsburgh is an old-fashion team with a physical defense and knock em' down run oriented offense. It is the type of team you don't want to play against in cold, winter weather.
The Patriots have kicked the Steelers around for the last few years when the teams were more evenly matched. The primary reason why is because the Steelers were cocky, and truth be told, not quite as good as the Pats. This years Steelers don't qualify to carry the Patriots gear from the bus to the locker room.
post #10 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
It's the type of team that is in a lot of trouble if they get behind on the scoreboard...that could happen.

The Patriot's got caught bending the rule book. The NFL smacked 'em on the pee-pee, now they are making the league pay. They are professional, they are focused and they are pissed-off. They aren't getting beat anytime soon. The Colt's are the only team that matches up with them, they can score AND play D, they have a good shot...Pittsburgh doesn't.
I agree 100%, I think they are hell bent in running the table. Even being a Colts/Manning fan, I think the Pats will win, but is is gonna be a great game!
post #11 of 26
Colts... in overtime. Well, I hope they at least get out of the first quarter.
post #12 of 26
Vinateri FG...that would be ironic.
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
You might be right. We'll find out Dec. 9th, won't we?
I probably won't know until I read the morning paper on Dec. 10th......Bridger Bowl opens that weekend.
post #14 of 26
anyone catch steve young's take last night on the pre-game show on what the patriots are doing? a rantette on class and appropriate winning behavior. emmitt smith's rebuttal was along the lines of the pats more or less saying, "hey, here we come. prepare or get trampled." (or prepare and get trampled anyway.)
post #15 of 26
The interesting thing I saw on the Patriots last night was what an easy schedule they have. Its easy to get prepared for the good teams when you don't have to worry about divisional games against the Jets, Dolphins and Bills.
post #16 of 26
pats have been a legit power for several years now. and they did a pretty good job on my cowboys, who might not be there (yet) but they'nt no slouch. "easy" or not, they're beating professionals like they're junior college teams.

simply, they've added two cylinders and a turbocharger.
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
The interesting thing I saw on the Patriots last night was what an easy schedule they have. Its easy to get prepared for the good teams when you don't have to worry about divisional games against the Jets, Dolphins and Bills.
And when those three were better over the last few years the Pats still beat them, and went on to the playoffs. What have they done against the mediocre and good teams? Answer: They've kicked butt!!!
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoontasan View Post
And when those three were better over the last few years the Pats still beat them, and went on to the playoffs. What have they done against the mediocre and good teams? Answer: They've kicked butt!!!
They're looking a lot like the Chargers last year. How did San Diego do in the play-offs?????
post #19 of 26
Picked the Colts. Oh sorry, that was with the points at home. My bad.

Pats are the best right now; we'll see after the playoffs if they're a legendary team or the second coming of the 1998 Vikings or 2005 Colts...
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
They're looking a lot like the Chargers last year. How did San Diego do in the play-offs?????
Belichick is not Schottenheimer. The Patriots are not the Chargers. Oh, and by the way, what team knocked off the Chargers in San Diego during the playoffs last year?
post #21 of 26
It's revenge time... GO PATS!
post #22 of 26
Amazing how an undefeated defending super bowl champion playing at home can be an underdog...Indy has also beaten the Pats three straight games.
The streak ends on Sunday...
Pick: Pats
post #23 of 26
I'm going Pats. They just look a bit sharper this season. I agree it is hard to tell vs. most of the teams they've rolled over this season. It's awesome to watch the Brady/Moss combination. I hope they keep RM in town for the rest of his career. The Colts don't seem to be playing at quite the same level offensively, and it's not just the final scores that make me say that. They just aren't moving the ball as well as Brady and co.. Maybe Manning's distracted by all the commercial shoots.

Speaking of which. I'm a fan, but I am sick of seeing his face on every other commercial.

I think Bellicheck's an a..hole, but he's a great coach.
post #24 of 26
One of the had to go away with a defeat.
Congrats to the Patriots!
post #25 of 26
How's this for cruel. I had it on TiVo. Had to stop the game to put my daughters in bed. Came back down to watch the rest of the game. The recording ended with 8 minutes to go in the game.

Oh well, Steelers tonight!
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
How's this for cruel. I had it on TiVo. Had to stop the game to put my daughters in bed. Came back down to watch the rest of the game. The recording ended with 8 minutes to go in the game.

Oh well, Steelers tonight!
that does stink. It was a very good game, not the game that was expected, but still good. I see the Pats running the table.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › General Sports › 11/4 The game of the season...