Yeah, very unfortunate! One of my closest friends, we paly tennis 3 times a week and my older son and his son raced against each other for about 8 years, owns one of the nicest units there.
His unit was not damaged other then the firefighters broke the door to his unit down to make sure the fire had not traveled under the roof to his unit. I do know someone who owns one that burned.
8 units were involved and according to my buddy, some wiring in a wall caused the fire.
Could be tough, getting those 8 units put back together by this season (weather could definetly be a problem) and then there is the smoke damage to otherwise untouched units.