EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Real Estate/Rentals (Resort Specific) › $1.7 million for your own 400 acre ski resort
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$1.7 million for your own 400 acre ski resort

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Found this yesterday while looking for a ski home to buy.

http://www.vermont-home.com/ski.htm
post #2 of 16
Cool, Let's form a partnership! Barking Bear Ski Resort!
That's about how much a nice house on an acre cost out West!
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud heishman View Post
Cool, Let's form a partnership! Barking Bear Ski Resort!
That's about how much a nice house on an acre cost out West!
Oct 26, 2006

Hi Bud:

1000 shares at $1,500.00/share, I'm in. How about "Roundtop North"? Na. "Ski Barfing Bears" has a much better sound to it. Run it like MRG.

Think snow,

CP
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
It is a bargain, it would be worth buying even as a private home...a very huge private home; 16k sq ft
post #5 of 16
This property has been for sale for several years now. It sounds like a steal even if it was just for the land! Hard to believe a developer hasn't picked it up.
post #6 of 16
It was on Ebay a couple years ago for $2,000,000 so the price has gone down. Such a bargain.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
There are probably some major limitations with what you can do with the land, thats probably why it has not been snatched up.
post #8 of 16
Imagine the problems:

Suppose lift towers and drives need replaceing.

Suppose snow making is old technology, and needs replacing.

Suppose there may be mold in the lodge.

We're talking LAND ONLY folks.

That's 4K/acre.

I'm not there.
post #9 of 16
Found an intersting thread on this place here:

http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic3466

Sounds Like it has some issues. But, If I had the bucks I'd buy it use it strictly for personal use.
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
Found an intersting thread on this place here:

http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic3466

Sounds Like it has some issues. But, If I had the bucks I'd buy it use it strictly for personal use.

Same here, I would buy it for family and friends if for nothing else.
post #11 of 16
MAPLE VALLEY!

My elementary school was only ~20 minutes away and we did night skiing lessons there back in the day! Too bad southern VT doesn't get natural snow these days....
post #12 of 16
its not a good deal

those 2 halls go for 25k a pop now days.

your looking at 500k minimum to open. Rental area need all new shape skis, the fire codes must be met etc etc
not to memtiom they don't have electricity....just generators

horrible price

I could show you guys a ski resort thats bigger for 400k.
post #13 of 16
I woulda sooner have gone for Hickory or I bet if we walked into Magic with that cash.....We'd have a real ski area.
post #14 of 16
I never knew they weren't hooked up to the grid. I remember driving by there when it was open. We drove by this past weekend....kinda sad to see it closed and the saplings growing through the snow on some of the trails.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko303 View Post
I could show you guys a ski resort thats bigger for 400k.
Where?
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn J View Post
I never knew they weren't hooked up to the grid. I remember driving by there when it was open. We drove by this past weekend....kinda sad to see it closed and the saplings growing through the snow on some of the trails.
Whitegrass North.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Real Estate/Rentals (Resort Specific) › $1.7 million for your own 400 acre ski resort