EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › The "Lets get Trekchick to buy more skis" game - Who's in on it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Lets get Trekchick to buy more skis" game - Who's in on it? - Page 2

post #31 of 44
EOS, perfect if you are planning to learn telemark off-piste in deep powder . In "The learning to telemark" thread, I got shouted down for suggesting a groomer ski and groomed snow for learning, but I still think that's the way to go. I know you have a season pass for Abasin, so maybe the ski is good for you, but don't order the tele adapter until you have learned to telemark on something a little more manageable than an 88mm waisted ski.
post #32 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post
EOS, perfect if you are planning to learn telemark off-piste in deep powder . In "The learning to telemark" thread, I got shouted down for suggesting a groomer ski and groomed snow for learning, but I still think that's the way to go. I know you have a season pass for Abasin, so maybe the ski is good for you, but don't order the tele adapter until you have learned to telemark on something a little more manageable than an 88mm waisted ski.
Yes Sir!
post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
Pssst: Tricia Or a nickname i don't know about? :

Uh, yeah, I like to call her Tracy when I've forgotten her name.
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Yes Sir!
Meant as a suggestion but I'm glad that you took it as an order.
post #35 of 44
Thread Starter 
Rod, actually, there are two kids in my circle of friends who want to learn snowboarding this winter. I think I may seize that opportunity to take tele lessons while they are in snowboard lessons.

As far as the name mix up is concerned, I've been called by the wrong name most of my life, so that's no biggie to me. I don't get it when people get ticked off when they're called by the wrong name.
There are BIG things in life that need fretting over, my name isn't it.
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
There are BIG things in life that need fretting over, my name isn't it.
Like... What ski should I buy next!?
post #37 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
Like... What ski should I buy next!?
Oh, baby, I don't fret about that. I just do it!:
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
Remember, my quiver goes from race skis to fat skis... no in-between.
:
HA! Same quiver as me.... 65 waist or 101 waist.
post #39 of 44
Mine go from 68mm (new 27m GS skis are 68mm) straight to 94mm so yours is a bit more drastic than mine... but I think it says something about the usefulness of specialized skis versus all these "in-between" skis that people seem to be stuck on buying. But hey... what do we know.
post #40 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post
Yo trek, these are a precious find, the pinnacle of the Colorado Volant factory's all mountain skis. The Gold Vapor T3 Power.
I watched these until the bitter end. Just couldn't pull the trigger on them.
This was very tempting to me!

NEXT!!:
post #41 of 44
Thread Starter 

It must be Saturday! Trekchick Got new skis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
I'm in! My money was on the Elan Free Spice as a Karma replacement, but the topsheets nixed them. I am now standing firmly behind the Blizzard EOS. I'm feeling pretty good about getting the Cronus IQ myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
DO IT!!!!




DO IT!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
TC, Blizzard is coming out with a tele adapter plate for the I.Q. system

With the Eos you could have AT and Tele with the same ski.

versatile = practical
It looks like Epic, UP Racer and Whiteroom had the most influence on this one. Bushwacker will get a teensy weensy bit of credit for his enthusiasm.

Thanks Whiteroom for doing the research for me and helping me out. I'll connect with you on the QI tele implications. The ski I got is the EOS 166 with the Blizzard bindings.
First Impressions, I am really impressed with this ski, but am not sure about the binding.
Pics later!
Schweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post

For TC I say got for the eos!!!
post #42 of 44
I WIN!!! I WIN!!!!
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Thanks Whiteroom for doing the research for me and helping me out. I'll connect with you on the QI tele implications. The ski I got is the EOS 166 with the Blizzard bindings.
First Impressions, I am really impressed with this ski, but am not sure about the binding.
Pics later!
Schweeeeeeeeeet!!!
Disregard previous orders, mount them tele!
post #44 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post
Disregard previous orders, mount them tele!
I'm gonna shock the chit out of you when I take up tele!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › The "Lets get Trekchick to buy more skis" game - Who's in on it?