or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › malfunctioning forum tools link
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

malfunctioning forum tools link

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Instead of creating a thread about bindings I have for sale, I'm creating this thread to find out why I can't create a thread in the gear swap forum. I click forum tools, and it redirects me to the bottom of the forum's page. The same thing happens when I try it with the classified forum, which is on the same page. Sigh. :
post #2 of 19
Have you posted ten posts of pertinence ? Over 5,000 posts and you get no respect here ? Shame ,shame shame
Just after we celebrated his birthday too.

What kind are they ? Let's sell them here. Hell. I'll buy them . Maybe. I'm looking.
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
Have you posted ten posts of pertinence ?
I think so, does kitty porn count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ
What kind are they . Let's sell them here. Hell. I'll buy them . Maybe. I'm looking.
Well Garry, since you ask, they are a pair of Look TX 11 Demos with the Speedset toe, and lifted heel. Once mounted they can accomodate any boot size, and one can even toy with fore/aft positioning. The TX11 heel is not a pivot or turntable, it has a standard step-in heel.
post #4 of 19
I got pivot demos on my 8800's and was thinking of using something different and was being hopeful.I might put them on the MR's I got to play with the fore /aft as an experiment.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Here's some pics:







post #6 of 19
Well with all my divine powers of forum-dom I cannot divine an answer to this quandary. You are able to post here, yet not in the gear swap. Let me just say...



I Didn't Do it. !

Take two cats and call me in the morning. :
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
Well with all my divine powers of forum-dom I cannot divine an answer to this quandary. You are able to post here, yet not in the gear swap. Let me just say...



I Didn't Do it. !

Take two cats and call me in the morning. :
It is still doing the same thing. So I'll take this opportunity to mention that the brakes are standard 80mm brakes which are brand new (I swaped them out for the fat ones ). The AFDs are in great shape. The bindings have the usual scratches as you can see in the pics, but they are in pretty good shape.
post #8 of 19
So, can you reply to this? http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=59346

What happens if you click on this:

and how much $$ for the bindings?
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
So, can you reply to this? http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=59346

What happens if you click on this:

and how much $$ for the bindings?
I was able to reply to it just fine. The new thread icon gave me a blank window with that same icon there, it wasn't functional though.
post #10 of 19
VA,

Can you think of anything that might have changed? New Java version, update on windows (if you are using like a service pack or security hotfix) maybe a new virus scanner, firewall, etc. New version of Firefox or IE?

What OS and browser are you using? have you tried a different one?

Try logging off, clearing your cache and cookies, then logging back on.

Then try the new thread button.

DC
post #11 of 19
I think Cirque meant for you to hit the "new thread" button on the top of the gear page, not on his post..

DC
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
I really don't know what to ask for the bindings. Does $25+$8 seem exorbitant? :
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
I think Cirque meant for you to hit the "new thread" button on the top of the gear page, not on his post..

DC
OH!
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
I don't know what you guys did, but NOW the forum tools thingee IS working. My computer gets all manner of updates from Microsoft (I have Win XP w/ SP2, and IE 6.0), and from PC Tools for my Spyware Doctor.

BTW, thanks for the help.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
Try logging off, clearing your cache and cookies, then logging back on.
I'm pretty sure you know more about computers than I do, so this is not intended to question your expertise, but this advice is given regularly by tech support that I encounter when I have a computer problem and isn't the second part of the second part (i.e., clearing cookies) a bad idea when done indiscriminately? Cookies are what enable the web sites I want to know me to know me, correct? Delete all my cookies and that's going to be a hassle. Am I misunderstanding something?
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Actually, I often clear my temporary files and cookies, because if I don't I start getting timed out rather quickly, especially on TGR.
post #17 of 19
Yes cookies are what enable websites to keep track of you however sometimes they will cause problems. If you have the expertise to delete just the cookies from us then by all means do so. Everytime you hit a site, however the site will "repopulate" your computer with new cookies. It might slow you down a little bit by a server needing to repopulate your sessions and it might make you have to enter a username or password again, but generally you won't even know you did it.

Too many times a rogue cookie or an expired cookie that didn't get cleared off correctly can cause all kinds of problems.

Also it's a good idea to clear your cookies from time to time unless you like getting all those targeted popup ads and like being tracked by dataminers. Most of which are trying to get data on you so they can send you more spam..

For the most part, cookies can be removed with no ill affect unless you are mid session with a shopping cart or online transaction. You might then lose what you are working on. Then it's just a matter of re-entering some info or logging back on..
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
Yes cookies are what enable websites to keep track of you however sometimes they will cause problems. If you have the expertise to delete just the cookies from us then by all means do so. Everytime you hit a site, however the site will "repopulate" your computer with new cookies. It might slow you down a little bit by a server needing to repopulate your sessions and it might make you have to enter a username or password again, but generally you won't even know you did it.

Too many times a rogue cookie or an expired cookie that didn't get cleared off correctly can cause all kinds of problems.

Also it's a good idea to clear your cookies from time to time unless you like getting all those targeted popup ads and like being tracked by dataminers. Most of which are trying to get data on you so they can send you more spam..

For the most part, cookies can be removed with no ill affect unless you are mid session with a shopping cart or online transaction. You might then lose what you are working on. Then it's just a matter of re-entering some info or logging back on..
In this vein, for whatever it may be worth to others, here's what I do, using the current version of Internet Explorer. I select Delete Browsing History from Tools, then delete Temporary Internet Files. (I also usually delete web site History, though I think this isn't necessary to achieve what I want to achieve.) Then I select Internet Options from Tools, followed by Settings from Browsing history, followed by View files. This displays all the cookies stored on the system. (Deleting temporary internet files eliminated the voluminous crap that would otherwise obscure the cookies.) Then I go through and delete cookies that aren't from a web site that I want to recognize me. This takes more time than just hitting the button to delete all cookies, but it eliminates the need to re-establish my identity at all the web sites that I do want to know me ... and at this point, that's a fair number of web sites.
post #19 of 19

Malfunctioning Forum Tools

You know, I read the title of this thread and thought someone might have let Gonzo back on the site.

Kaj
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › malfunctioning forum tools link