EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Good boot fitter in Sourthern NH
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good boot fitter in Sourthern NH

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Title says it all. I've been to Paul Richelson's Feet in Plymouth NH and I'll probably get inserts made by them this Fall, but they don't sell boots and they're pretty far away. I'm looking for someone in southern NH to give me a good initial fit.

Thanks,

John
post #2 of 15

I can help you.

I would be glad to help you out.
My name is Jeff Warren, I'm at Ken Jones Ski Mart in Nashua.
Been bootfitting for 30yrs, Masterfit, Blah, Blah ,Blah,
Give me a call 888-383-5667
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks, Jeff. I'd be glad to give you a call or stop in. However, I don't think Ken Jones carries Head or Dalbello boots and I'm interested in the Solomon Falcon 10, Dalbello Krypton and the Head Raptor. I'm open to whatever fits my foot best, but definitely want to try the Head and Dalbello before deciding.
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxskier View Post
I would be glad to help you out.
My name is Jeff Warren, I'm at Ken Jones Ski Mart in Nashua.
Been bootfitting for 30yrs, Masterfit, Blah, Blah ,Blah,
Give me a call 888-383-5667
Hey Jeff:

Are you at KEN Jones or PROCTOR Jones?

Wht's the dealio w/ all the Jones'?
Joe Jones, Ken Jones, Proctor Jones, Jimmy Jones, Etc......
post #5 of 15
Check out Jeff Bokum in Concord, NH...he does great work.

http://www.swsports.net/jeff.html
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
Hey Jeff:

Are you at KEN Jones or PROCTOR Jones?

Wht's the dealio w/ all the Jones'?
Joe Jones, Ken Jones, Proctor Jones, Jimmy Jones, Etc......
Jeff Warren is at Ken Jones in Nashua as opposed to Ken Jones in Manchester. (The Nashua store website is listed under "Proctor Jones".) The two stores are related...though not completely - too confusing, but both are recommended. As far as I know, they are not related to Joe Jones, Jimmy Jones, Tom Jones:, or any of the other Jones' one may think of.
As for Jeff Warren in Nashua, I've been dealing with Jeff for quite awhile and he's great to deal with and very experienced. He knows his stuff and takes a personal interest in any customer regardless of their experience. Highly recommended as well as offering discounts online to Epic members.
post #7 of 15
Drive a bit further to see Dan Lewis at Stan and Dan Sports in North Conway. He is first rate for boot fitting and modifications. You really can't do better in New Hampshire than Dan.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
Check out Jeff Bokum in Concord, NH...he does great work.

http://www.swsports.net/jeff.html
Wholeheartedly agree w/Jeff Bokum recommendation...
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiDeC58 View Post
Drive a bit further to see Dan Lewis at Stan and Dan Sports in North Conway. He is first rate for boot fitting and modifications. You really can't do better in New Hampshire than Dan.
Ride,

How are his prices for working on boots purchased elsewhere? I get free work out here on my boots, but I'm thinking of getting a second opinion, to make sure I started with the right pair.

Conway is about 45min from my parents in Poland.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the input. All good choices, but my problems is that at none of the recommended locations do the boot fitters or associated stores carry both Head and Salomon boots!

Well, I can go to multiple stores, but I was hoping for a side to side comparison with a good bootfitter of Heads, Salomons and Dalbello Kryptons.

Anyway, thanks again.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiDeC58 View Post
Drive a bit further to see Dan Lewis at Stan and Dan Sports in North Conway. He is first rate for boot fitting and modifications. You really can't do better in New Hampshire than Dan.
I second that recommendation for Stan and Dan Sports in North Conway. It's not such a long drive. Dan knows his stuff, and the shop carries lots of boots. You'll find what you're looking for. Call ahead for Dan's hours. He works Sundays, as well as other days. If your needs are special, he'll order what you want, but they probably are have what you need in stock. They provide skis and boots for racers in the Mt. Washington Valley area, as well as recreational skiers. North Conway is a skier magnet, and this is the best shop for ski afficionados.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
Ride,

How are his prices for working on boots purchased elsewhere? I get free work out here on my boots, but I'm thinking of getting a second opinion, to make sure I started with the right pair.

Conway is about 45min from my parents in Poland.
For a quick check, he wouldn't charge much, but for significant work, I'm guessing $40 per hour,but I can't be certain. I always buy my boots from Dan so all fitting and customizing is included--He is extremely patient. I have VERY difficult feet and go back frequently for tweaks. He is the best! He also makes excellent footbeds.
post #13 of 15
I know that last season, Zimmerman's in Nashua carried Head, Soloman, and Dalbello boots. Not sure about their bootfitting services, but they do have all of the brands that you are considering and they are in your neck of the woods.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickk9 View Post
I know that last season, Zimmerman's in Nashua carried Head, Soloman, and Dalbello boots. Not sure about their bootfitting services, but they do have all of the brands that you are considering and they are in your neck of the woods.
Haven't had any bootwork done at Nashua Zimmermann's but they do have a pretty decent guy who seems to be pretty knowledgeable. His name is Dave and he probably does some bootfitting.

They also carry Nordica boots and probably others. They carry at least a couple models of every ski brand out there, so they seem flexible with the brands.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post

Check out Jeff Bokum in Concord, NH...he does great work.

http://www.swsports.net/jeff.html

 

Update: Jeff Bokum was a fine bootfitter.  However, he fell ill and died last year.    

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Good boot fitter in Sourthern NH