or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POWDER ONLY ski - Page 3

post #61 of 71
Consider it? Hell yes. Everyone has skis in their quiver that they don't use.

At one time, these were my kick ass pow skis.


BTW, what are you using for boots?



JF
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Canuck View Post
You obviously need a pair of these:]

the third from the left, there, thank god they make a short length for me. Why can't the XXL see the logic of that?
post #63 of 71
You just keep thinking, Jer, that's what you're good at! no, no I've got it, man. ya get the Kuro's, trick em out with fender flairs and a blower scoop.
post #64 of 71
Thread Starter 
What would go guys recommend for a base-edge bevel for the following conditions:

-6' deep 4% blower
-10' deep 4.8% blower with a firm base
-17.45' deep 6% with very slight wind-affect on the north-western exposure

I really don't want to not be able to ski this stuff just because I got my base bevel off by .25 degree.
post #65 of 71
The best ski that you can find por Deep Powder Skiing is the dps lotus 140... nathing is better for the snow that you are talking about...
post #66 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBLX View Post
The best ski that you can find por Deep Powder Skiing is the dps lotus 140... nathing is better for the snow that you are talking about...
That's nice but it doesn't really help me with the base bevel problem. Is Rossignol making the Lotus 138 now?
post #67 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
What would go guys recommend for a base-edge bevel for the following conditions:

-6' deep 4% blower
-10' deep 4.8% blower with a firm base
-17.45' deep 6% with very slight wind-affect on the north-western exposure

I really don't want to not be able to ski this stuff just because I got my base bevel off by .25 degree.
It all depends on the gnar-shredding coefficient. If you can't calculate that accurately you may as well not bother skiing powder.
post #68 of 71
I think you should just round the edges off, or eliminate them completely. When the snow is that cold & dry no matter how deep it is, steel edges are going to create unwanted drag.

Wise up Jer, & stay out of that NW esposure if you value your life! Even a slight wind effect in anything over 15' of fresh can be deadly, unless you have super human skills. Even gapers & tourons like myself no that much. Heck, I learned that stuff in my second Ski School lesson.

Get a clue man!

JF
post #69 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
Even a slight wind effect in anything over 15' of fresh can be deadly, unless you have super human skills.
Well, I am pretty good with a bowstaff.
post #70 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Well, I am pretty good with a bowstaff.
Oh, well no problem then. Was that you down in front of my house?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EVVrv94CwM

JF
post #71 of 71

Whats 2mm matter amoungst friends
We got em you want to try em
www.wasatchpowderskis.com/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion