or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POWDER ONLY ski - Page 2

post #31 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitter View Post
ding ding ding.

that would be the best only super killer deep pow ski.
Wrong.

When the snow gets that deep, snowboards suck. I can recall one 36" day watching snowboarders unstrap and lie on the boards trying to get down 10% slopes to where it dropped off steeper. Made it nice for those of us who could actually ski it.
post #32 of 71
How about these?


McConkey waterskis... predecessor to the Spat and Pontoon

Or if you really want to get rid of that dough as quickly as possible you could pick up a pair of these for about $3500.


Zai 182 Tschadila
post #33 of 71
$125,000 eh? Sounds like you should blow it in five minutes! I hear Carradan has a new pow ski line...
post #34 of 71
Sheet in 12 feet of powder just rent a boat
post #35 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Does Keystone have heli-skiing now? 'Cause I'm not even interested unless there's a heli involved.
There's always that orange heli coming and going from Keystone so they must have heli ski now.
post #36 of 71
If you were truly hard core, you would only ski on a mono-ski.
post #37 of 71

Powder Skis

THATS EASY. Only one place on the planet had that kind of snow last year. Norhern Japan, over 50 feet of snow.

The ski used in Japan: NISHIZAWA a great ski.
post #38 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete No. Idaho View Post
THATS EASY. Only one place on the planet had that kind of snow last year. Norhern Japan, over 50 feet of snow.

The ski used in Japan: NISHIZAWA a great ski.
Really? Not counting the 65 feet we got?
post #39 of 71
No heli skiing in Japan.

There are some sightseeing groups that drop you off and let you ski, but this is by no means what any actual skier would consider heli skiing.

Just so you all know.

However, I have 4 gondolas worth of trees to my lonesome. Literally. Japan doesn't need helis.
post #40 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
Really? Not counting the 65 feet we got?
And not counting the 95 feet at Mt. Baker?
post #41 of 71
Pete,
Haven't seen many Nishizawas for quite a few years now. The powder skiers who aren't on Volkls or K2s are typically on Ogasaka's freeski brand (forget the name right now).
post #42 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetranode View Post
And not counting the 95 feet at Mt. Baker?
Actually last season we only got 65 feet. Of course, that still works out to an average of 5" a day.
post #43 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimintokyo View Post
Pete,
Haven't seen many Nishizawas for quite a few years now. The powder skiers who aren't on Volkls or K2s are typically on Ogasaka's freeski brand (forget the name right now).

ID one? If so, do they have something fatter than 83mm?
post #44 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
$125,000 eh? Sounds like you should blow it in five minutes! I hear Carradan has a new pow ski line...
Blowing 125,000 in five minutes would be a lot easier than blowing 125,000,000. But you know I still think I could.
post #45 of 71

Powder Skis

ATTENTION. The Nishizawa ski thread was a they never made a powder ski.
post #46 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
Really? Not counting the 65 feet we got?
Whoa!! Wait a minute.... you got a lot of snow last season? I hadn't heard that. How late were you able to ski? Late April or later? Don't keep it to yourself.... share the stories!!!
post #47 of 71
You're just jealous, aren't you? :neener::neener:
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan View Post
You're just jealous, aren't you? :neener::neener:
My summer was better than yours!

:neener::neener:
post #49 of 71
Thread Starter 
Let's keep it on topic here girls.

This is important stuff!
post #50 of 71
If you won the powerball, and you're planning on heliing forever... why are you looking for one ski?
post #51 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
If you won the powerball, and you're planning on heliing forever... why are you looking for one ski?
OK guys, let's step it up here:

1) Keep it on topic - this is no time to be kidding around!

2) Read the whole thread - I already stated that I will likely be looking for a quiver of FOUR skis for varying depths of bottomless blower.

There's only like two months to go and I don't have time to mess around here.
post #52 of 71
but I thought you were rich and had nothing but time.
post #53 of 71
Surf the endless winter baby, on a Winterstick!
post #54 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
OK - so it sounds like I'll be needing a quiver. In that case, what skis do you guys suggest for the following conditions:

-3 to 6 feet of POWDER

-6 to 12 feet of POWDER

-24 to 18 feet of POWDER

-18+ feet of POWDER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
OK guys, let's step it up here:

1) Keep it on topic - this is no time to be kidding around!

2) Read the whole thread - I already stated that I will likely be looking for a quiver of FOUR skis for varying depths of bottomless blower.

There's only like two months to go and I don't have time to mess around here.

3 to 6 feet of Powder:

Volkl Gotama
133-105-124



6 to 12 feet of Powder:

Praxis Powder Boards
131-136-124




12 to 18 feet of Powder:

Fatypus A-Lotta
172-140-158




18+ feet of Powder
Duret Monstre Fat
200-170-190




post #55 of 71
priceless insert of image ^^^ = applause.
post #56 of 71
Well played, Jay.
post #57 of 71

Powder skis

THANKYOU THANKYOU

I am going out tommorrow and buy all 4pairs so I WILL BE READY FOR THIS COMING WINTER'S POWDER DUMP
post #58 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
priceless insert of image ^^^ = applause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
Well played, Jay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete No. Idaho View Post
THANKYOU THANKYOU





post #59 of 71
It's time to get super, super serial.

What would Man-Bear-Pig use?
post #60 of 71
Thread Starter 
This isn't funny. It's really getting down to the wire now.

I NEED ANSWERS!!!

Should I consider a mid-fat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion