New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wide foot problem

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I have really wide feet- duck feet. Last year I bought a pair of Head Mojo heat fit boots 307 mm with 105 mm toe box with super feet foot beds. The left one fits great and thats because I had surgery on my left big toe a couple of years ago and as a result it's not as wide as my right foot. My right foot is 10 inches long and 4 3/4 inches wide 1/4 inch more than my left foot. I have had the right boot streched and adjusted four times but it still hurts and I have to unbuckel on the lift. The store I bought the boots from have been great and have done everything they can to make me happy. I need information on how to get it right for next season. Last year the right boot was still killing me even in the first latch on the buckle. I just had them stretch them out again but I still cant wear them for a hour without some severe pain. I'm beginning to think I need the thinest foot bed available because my problem may also be foot volume.. Any suggestions you guys may have would help.

Thanks Bryan.
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #3 of 12
Well your foot is wide. I just measured mine and it is a little over 4" but is considered narrow to average (B-C). First may I suggest that it will be easier to get replies here if those asking questions use standards in their explanations. In other words I have no idea what it means to have a foot 4 3/4" wide but I do know what it means to have a foot that is a EE width. If you use the standards it makes our job easier.

That said there are only two ways to make boots wider. Grind and punch. Foot width problems are really straightforward. Grind and punch until the necessary width is obtained. Have no idea of the quality of the local shop so don't know if they have run out of steam of the boot has really run out of width. However, it is certainly possible to stretch boots by several width sizes. So recommend you try another shop. If that doesn't work and it really can't be done, you'll have no choice but new boots.

Lou
post #4 of 12
if your foot feels too tight with the buckles even lightly closed, what is it like with the buckles open? why not ski the boot with the buckles off?

Buckles are used to prevent the foot from moving around, if you foot doesn't move (and the buckles are loose, or off) what is the problem?

Also if you stick your foot in just the shell only, with the footbed, do you touch both sides? If you dont it might just be the liner that needs some stretching/cutting.
post #5 of 12
you should be able to get a fair bit out of the mojo....103mm start point your foot is 115/118mm so there is a fair bit to do, stretch then stretch some more, grind until wafer thin, and as mntlion mentioned if it feels ok with the clips undone then why not move the clips so they can do up in a looser position, something else you may want to check is that the cuff adjustment is correct, this being out could tip your foot further into the side of the shell. which superfeet footbed do you have, the kork based product are great but can be a little bulky if space is at a premium, it may be worth looking at something a little slimmer
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEM View Post
you should be able to get a fair bit out of the mojo....103mm start point your foot is 115/118mm so there is a fair bit to do, stretch then stretch some more, grind until wafer thin, and as mntlion mentioned if it feels ok with the clips undone then why not move the clips so they can do up in a looser position, something else you may want to check is that the cuff adjustment is correct, this being out could tip your foot further into the side of the shell. which superfeet footbed do you have, the kork based product are great but can be a little bulky if space is at a premium, it may be worth looking at something a little slimmer
Thanks I have the Mojo's with the 105mm toe box but thats still short of 115/118mm. I have the green super feet not the kork but they still take up alot of room inside of the boot. I took my boot back to the shop I bought it from and they told me that the Mojo can be streched out alot because of the plastic it is made of and they think they can get it to fit in time but they dont want to stretch it out to much.They have been really good about working on them. I feel for the guy with Fred Flintstone feet in the other post because this can be a big problem. After getting my right boot streched out again I think they will be ok after stretching one more time. It's frustrating when you have feet that are so different and mine are that way because of the surgery I had on my left foot. That may have been a blessing because my old boots were way to big and I'll be better off in the long run after I get these boots right. Thanks for the information.
post #7 of 12
mojo with a 105 toe box ????? someone may be able to tell me about that one, the only mojo we get here is 103, unless there is an SMU for the USA, i will speak to my contact at Head and ask him.

let the fitter worry about how much to push them and just explain what you feel, it may be worth looking at the blue or even the black footbed as these are quite a lot thinner.

What have they done to the liner, IME the head liners tend to be quite firm and need a lot of work to get them to stretch out the way [compared to some other liners] another thing that MIGHT help is a low density thermo style liner, this will compress to next to nothing where it needs to.

good luck
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEM View Post
mojo with a 105 toe box ????? someone may be able to tell me about that one, the only mojo we get here is 103, unless there is an SMU for the USA, i will speak to my contact at Head and ask him.

let the fitter worry about how much to push them and just explain what you feel, it may be worth looking at the blue or even the black footbed as these are quite a lot thinner.

What have they done to the liner, IME the head liners tend to be quite firm and need a lot of work to get them to stretch out the way [compared to some other liners] another thing that MIGHT help is a low density thermo style liner, this will compress to next to nothing where it needs to.

good luck
Your right I pulled out my papers I got with them and their 103mm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBV13 View Post
Your right I pulled out my papers I got with them and their 103mm

thank goodness for that, i thought i was going mad

when it comes to stretching a boot as much as you need it to be stretched i would be wanting it to be left with me for a while, putting it on the press, and cooling it off in a bucket of water for 10-20 mins may well be fine for an average small shell stretch, but when you need this much space it needs to be done is small amounts, got hot enough and then left to cool properly, this all takes time something which IME over here a lot of shops do not have...or it may just be lack of patience that they don't have

good luck
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEM View Post
thank goodness for that, i thought i was going mad

when it comes to stretching a boot as much as you need it to be stretched i would be wanting it to be left with me for a while, putting it on the press, and cooling it off in a bucket of water for 10-20 mins may well be fine for an average small shell stretch, but when you need this much space it needs to be done is small amounts, got hot enough and then left to cool properly, this all takes time something which IME over here a lot of shops do not have...or it may just be lack of patience that they don't have

good luck
They have been letting it cool off while on the press. It's getting better but I still cant stand to wear it much more than 30 min. I'm going to have them stretch them out again. They have been good about working with me and I think they will get them right befor this season starts. Thanks for the info on the thickness of Superfeet. That alone may do it from this point.

Thanks
post #11 of 12
Is the pain you feel a burning sensation? or a pressure point? If the pain is a burning, you may benefit from a metatarsel arch to spread the met heads and prevent the nerve from pinching?

You may also be able to gain a bit more volume by sanding down the footboard (zeppa) if the issue is just shear volume?
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud heishman View Post
Is the pain you feel a burning sensation? or a pressure point? If the pain is a burning, you may benefit from a metatarsel arch to spread the met heads and prevent the nerve from pinching?

You may also be able to gain a bit more volume by sanding down the footboard (zeppa) if the issue is just shear volume?
Thanks for the info. I'm having the boot streched out some more and my boot fitter said he was going to sand down the footbed. I think volume is alot of my problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ask the Boot Guys