Miss Teen South Carolina - rebuttal
Miss Teen South Carolina appearance on NBC Today Show "I misunderstood" + 2nd try at answering the question after 4 days of practice - YouTube by IRamzayI
If the link doesn't work, try www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20473692/
to see the NBC Today Show appearance video and article "Miss South Carolina Teen USA explains herself" by Mike Celizi.
* Lauren Caitlin Upton's 2nd try after 4 days of practice “Personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on a map,” she said. “I don’t know anyone else who doesn’t. And if the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better.”
* “Is that really me? It’s like I’m not in my actual body.”
* “I am 18,” she said. “I believe I am a very strong person with a strong character and my parents raised me really well.”
* Long term plans - major in graphic design at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC then study special effects at International Academy of Design Technology in Los Angeles, CA.
"Miss S.C. Teen USA: I misunderstood the question" in local South Carolina paper The State by Robin Cowe Nalepa www.charlotte.com/153/story/253486.html
* Upton’s former Lexington High School principal, Creig Tyler, remembers her as a well-rounded student. “She took college-prep and honors courses and performed well,” Tyler said.
* Upton held student leadership roles and played four years of varsity soccer while in high school. She said she graduated with a 3.5 grade point average.
* “I just want people to know that I’m an average teenage girl, living life to the fullest, learning from my mistakes and living life in a positive way, and that is all I can ask for.”
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
* Lexington High School was the winner of the 2007 Carolina First Palmetto’s Finest Award, given to the top public school in the state. The annual recognition is handed out by the SC Association of School Administrators to a school “which offers excellent instruction and outstanding leaders, augmented by strong family and community involvement and a supportive business community.” http://www.scasa.org/displaycommon.c...barticlenbr=89
* South Carolina ranked 49th nationally with a combined average math/reading SAT score of 984 while Iowa ranked 1st with 1,221 "South Carolina's SAT scores fall" by Seanna Adcox www.myrtlebeachonline.com/575/story/170856.html
College Board www.collegeboard.com/press/releases/185222.html
* Thirty percentage points separate the graduation rates in best- and worst-performing states (83.8 percent in Utah vs. 53.8 percent in South Carolina). "Diplomas Count: Ready for What" by Education Week www.edweek.org/ew/toc/2007/06/12/index.html
LAUREN CAITLIN UPTON MODEL PORTFOLIO PHOTOS / ITEMS
According to the Mike Celizi story, advertisements she’s modeled for have been placed in such national magazines as “Seventeen,” “Cosmo Girl” and “American Cheerleader.” She has modeled for Wrangler, Soffe and Nautica.
Model portfolio photos from Locke Management http://lockemodels.com/view.cfm?modelID=199
Proud U.S. American t-shirt www.cafepress.com/proudsc
Profound words. An American, honored by all, has given us this wisdom, to be carried down through the ages. May we live up to the message:
World Map with U.S. circled on eBay "Miss Teen USA S. Carolina Caitlin Upton collectible" http://cgi.ebay.com/Miss-Teen-USA-S-...QQcmdZViewItem
WORLDWIDE COVERAGE CONTINUES
Google News - Miss Teen USA South Carolina http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=...+carol ina%22
Wall Street Journal - "Lessons in Geography" http://blogs.wsj.com/informedreader/...us-on-the-map/
Maps - Miss West Carolina speaks out (British response)
Miss Teen South Carolina: A South African Responds
SIMILARITY TO JESSICA SIMPSON "CHICKEN OR TUNA" COMMENT ON NEWLYWEDS
Jessica Simpson - Chicken by the Sea
If link doesn't work try http://video.google.com/videosearch?... the+sea&hl=en
NBC Saturday Night Live Skit - Jessica Simpson Tuna or Chickenhttp://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...D=20204 82740
Do you think there will be a NBC Saturday Night Live skit about Miss Teen USA South Carolina's answer to the question "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?"?