Ultimate Mountain Gig Canyons Resort
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
DO YOU MOUNTAIN IN A WAY THAT WILL INSPIRE OTHERS?
If so, we at Canyons want you to come work for us. Not only will we pay you a salary, but we’ll also put you up for free – at a suite in the Waldorf Astoria no less - and give you full VIP treatment including heli-skiing, avalanche training, spa treatments and full gear! Read on to learn how to apply.
ALL YOU DO:
• Blog about your activities at least 4 times per week with photos and video
• Attend Canyons events
• Participate in monthly Canyons activities
• Shadow shifts with various departments: Ski Patrol, Food and Beverage, Lift Operations, etc.
HERE`S THE GIG. WE EQUIP YOU WITH:
A SEASON PASS TO CANYONS
SUPERIOR (SUITE) LODGING AT THE WALDORF ASTORIA
SALARY OF $40,000 FOR JUST FOUR MONTHS OF `HARD WORK`
USE OF CAMERA, VIDEO CAMERA AND LAPTOP
HEAD-TO-TOE SKI OR BOARD GEAR
CANYONS CLUB ACCESS
AIRFARE TO AND FROM CANYONS
SKI SCHOOL AND AVALANCHE TRAINING CLINICS
FIRST TRACKS AND HELI SKIING ACCESS
VIP CREDENTIALS FOR ALL CANYONS EVENTS
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
Application deadline: November 25, 2010
A 2-minute (or less) video addressing the following:
1. How do you mountain?
• Remember to refer back to our official definition of ‘to mountain’: “a widely applicable verb that encompasses both the physical and emotional pursuit; also deriving from a mountain’s symbolism as a goal or challenge.”
• Keep in mind this is all about you and your own special way to mountain; whether it’s on the slopes or off, we want to hear your story.
2. Why you’re the best fit for The Ultimate Mountain Gig.
• Keep in mind the ultimate goal and make sure you address both questions in your video submission.
• Go wild but stay true to yourself.
A writing sample showing us how you would blog about your experience
Your current Resume
Must be 21 or older
Must be able to work in the United States
Must be able to start on January 1st, 2011
Post Requirements: You must be comfortable with the written word, computer savvy with regard to uploading video and images, familiar with blog writing styles, eager to share your passion for the mountains, and most of all, an outgoing personality willing to share his/her likeness and name for the position.
The applicant whose video receives the most public votes (excluding the video submitted by the applicant selected for The Ultimate Mountain Gig) will be offered the opportunity to come to Canyons for one week, all expenses paid, to create and produce another video and/or provide additional content such as blogs for Canyons!
Please upload all requested materials directly to: