or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Marker bindings for Top Fuel Nitrous
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marker bindings for Top Fuel Nitrous

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I have Nordica Top Fuel Nitrous skis that are probably a couple of years old, with XBS mounting plates but no bindings.
I have purchase NO311 TC bindings. My local shop says that they cannot mount these and must have NO311 TI bindings. The supplier of the TC bindings says "The Tc is the newer version of the TI. So it fits no problem, they don't make the older one anymore. Also on the box it says its for the nitrous. So it should really be fine.".
Are both the TC & TI bindings compatible with the same mounting plates?
post #2 of 11
Can't you mount just about any Marker binding onto that XBS plate? It has been awhile since I have seen one but I didn't think that the interface between the plate and bindings was any different on the retail skis from what it is on the XBS race plate that is on the stock race skis... It sounds like the shop is either stupid, or trying to pull a fast one [next they won't sell you poles because the colors don't match your skis and coat :]. Anyhow, I would try putting them on yourself... if they fit on the ski at your home, find a shop that will do it for you. Mounting these things is not rocket science as long as all the holes and surfaces line up. You could even go as far as putting the bindings on the skis yourself and then taking them to a shop for a DIN check where they would make sure everything is in proper order.
Later
GREG
post #3 of 11
My Marker bindings are riveted ono a slotted plasic plate that slots into the XBS plate, so no you can't use just any binding you want. You also couldn't re-use the bindings on another ski without drilling out the rivets. It should be pretty obvious if those bindings will go on the plate or not. Has the shop seen your skis and bindings? If they go, they go, if not, well, I guess you'll need the right binding, won't you?
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
My Marker bindings are riveted ono a slotted plasic plate that slots into the XBS plate
It has been several years since I mounted a pair of these, but don't they come with the plastic plate already in the XBS plate with the binding screwing into the top of the plate or am I recalling a different Marker plate (Piston maybe)?
post #5 of 11
I think the new binding model can mount to the nitrous.
The Toe piece and heal piece slide into place and click in. The green and red showing in the window indicate locked in place to ski or released for adjustment.
I will take pics of my old bindings off the skis when I get home tonight and post them so you can compare the binding and plate.
Here are a few that I took with the binding mounted
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier View Post
It has been several years since I mounted a pair of these, but don't they come with the plastic plate already in the XBS plate with the binding screwing into the top of the plate or am I recalling a different Marker plate (Piston maybe)?
No, on mine the plate is riveted onto the toe. I assume thsi reduces the stackheight versus using nuts and bolts. If you look at the little windows in the AFD you cansee the tops of two of the rivets.
post #7 of 11
what store sold you skis without the matching bindings? take them back or more likely send them back to the ebay retailer that ripped you off....
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all of the good advice. I tried to slide the bindings onto the plates, but they would not slide on. It was as if the bottom surface of the bindings was rubbing on the top surface of the plates. It even scraped a little of the finish off of the plate.
Skis and bindings are now boxed up and will be on the way back to the retailer tomorrow.
Thanks again for the input!
post #9 of 11
Oof, I forgot I was supposed to go to the attic to take pics of my bindings.

Hope this works out. If you need more help, don't hesitate to poke us to wake up the hibernating bear.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
I never did get this fixed. The dealer (of the bindings) supplied another set. It seems that my skis are an older model and the new bindings do NOT fit the old plates. We mounted up the new (old model) bindings. They have been adjusted several times by a VERY proficient technician and the bindings release when I skate/walk in them.
The local Nordica rep says that Nordica will do nothing since the skis and bindings are old models (even though both are new).
Can the stock plates be removed and different bindings mounted flat?
Thanks to all!
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
I never did get this fixed. The dealer (of the bindings) supplied another set. It seems that my skis are an older model and the new bindings do NOT fit the old plates. We mounted up the new (old model) bindings. They have been adjusted several times by a VERY proficient technician and the bindings release when I skate/walk in them.
The local Nordica rep says that Nordica will do nothing since the skis and bindings are old models (even though both are new).
Can the stock plates be removed and different bindings mounted flat?
Thanks to all!
When you skate they release? Does the heel open?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Marker bindings for Top Fuel Nitrous