Maybe it's the skier not the ski?Well I have Salomon's and I love them.
Just got them last year... Since your so curious to why I love them here's some reason's
FROM SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT RACE!!
Salomon Scrambler 8 Ski w/ Pilot S810 Binding
1) They are light as a feather, I used to have atomics (who everyone on here get a hard on for) and I hated them, they are too heavy..
2) they are VERY flexible, they can rip through bumps like atomic can only dream of.
3) They are the PERFECT all mountain ski, and for someone who doesn't need 3 different pairs of skis, this is must..
4) They FLOAT on everything- 123-75-110... now that's a SHAPED ALL MOUNTAIN SKI... CRUD, ICE, POWDER... you name it they can handle..TRUST ME..
"Ski Magazine's 2006 Buyer's Guide gave it a Gold Medal in their All-Mountain Aspiring Expert category for its easy handling on varied and challenging snow surfaces noting that the midfat waist gives the Scrambler 8 ski more floatation above the deep without sacrificing easy turns through the steep"
5)the bindings are very smooth, and I have had zero issues with them.. 3-10 Din setting is more than enough for an all mountain skier who weighs 175lbs
6)13.2 Meter carving radius- ummmm what's the complaint that you don't know how to carve ? you can't ask for a better radius out of an all mountain ski that has a 123mm tip and 110mm tail..
7) price!!! I got these online when they JUST CAME OUT...for 525$...inclusing bindings... can you show me something better ? I'd like to see it..
I love my skis...