Originally Posted by ski now work later
My husband and I will be at Smuggler's Notch, VT with our kids in late July and would like to find a restaurant for just the two of us to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Any recommendations in Stowe or nearby towns? We love Asian food if there is a good restaurant in the area. Thanks in advance.
Here are some of our favorites (you said you like asian so I'll list them first):
- Sakura on Church Street, Burlington - great food, unlike most imitated Japanese places found everywhere nowadays
- Tiny Thai in Essex Outlet Mall - good authentic food, reasonable price
- Mr. Pickwicks in Stowe, very expensive but great unusual food from Europe. My favorite drink there is the snakebite (half Guiness half hard cider)
- NECI's (New England Culinary Institute) operated out of Essex Inn. Fine food with moderate pricing. I recommend both their lunch (with all you can eat desert) and Sunday brunch buffet.
- The Whip - sort of continental/American
- Pie in the Sky in Stowe - good brick oven pizza
- Smuggs' own Hearth and Candle - great venison stew; everything else I can't remember