New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$4 million for a shirt?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 14
That nothing a judge out in CA is suing a dry cleaner for a pair of pants they lost for 49m reduced from 57m.
post #3 of 14

izz it jus' me?

Cause I just don't ever get it. Why would someone ever even want something like this?

Michale Jackson's jock strap, Marlyn Monroe's .... on second thought ..

I mean this would be mordid ... ya' really gonna hang a dead guys shirt in the living room or den?

If I ever visited someone and they took me down to see something like that, I'd just tell them they were too wierd for words.

: I got no sense or perspective of history I guess.
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHrefugee View Post
That nothing a judge out in CA is suing a dry cleaner for a pair of pants they lost for 49m reduced from 57m.

That's really cold, JHrefugee.

Don't you understand that the judge had a profound emotional attachment to those pants? How you can keep a dry eye is beyond me!

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...12164509990001


Quote:
WASHINGTON (June 12) - A judge had to leave the courtroom with tears running down his face Tuesday after recalling the lost pair of trousers that led to his $54 million lawsuit against a dry cleaner.
post #5 of 14
He was crying because his frivolous lawsuit was finally making him too big of an ass for those pants.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
Cause I just don't ever get it. Why would someone ever even want something like this?

Michale Jackson's jock strap, Marlyn Monroe's .... on second thought ..

I mean this would be mordid ... ya' really gonna hang a dead guys shirt in the living room or den?

If I ever visited someone and they took me down to see something like that, I'd just tell them they were too wierd for words.

: I got no sense or perspective of history I guess.
Ever been to a museum?
post #7 of 14
Sure! Lots of times and what we get a sense of in a museum is a sense of history or geo-facts in time and in context. A militia costume of a period or the Trent House (one of my local favorites), where you can see beds and utility ware from that Colonial era. Best was the bed with it's woven rope mattress support with a big hand crank to tighten it .... hence the phrase .... "Good night, sleep tight (crank it tight), don't let the bed bugs bite!"

But a dead guys shirt hanging on your rec room wall? And worth a few million bucks.

It's like this "Michael Mania" ... within two generations no one will know who he was nor, will they care; total pissing away of money. Donate to an orphanage or something.
post #8 of 14
I have a shirt that I'll sell for just $3M.
post #9 of 14
Yeah! But was some famous guy dead in it?

Who?

Or are you gonna' arrange that part "custom order" .... :
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
Cause I just don't ever get it. Why would someone ever even want something like this?

Michale Jackson's jock strap, Marlyn Monroe's .... on second thought ..

I mean this would be mordid ... ya' really gonna hang a dead guys shirt in the living room or den?

If I ever visited someone and they took me down to see something like that, I'd just tell them they were too wierd for words.

: I got no sense or perspective of history I guess.

At least no one is trying to sell the shirt he was killed (or buried) in.

People are weird enough thats about what I expected before I clicked on the link.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGOT View Post
At least no one is trying to sell the shirt he was killed (or buried) in.

People are weird enough thats about what I expected before I clicked on the link.
Me, too, actually...
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
Yeah! But was some famous guy dead in it?
Well, no- nobody famous. It's mine. But the shirt is like new and its a milllion dollars cheaper than the other one.
post #13 of 14
$3,000,000 for your shirt? Wid no dead guy innit?

Fuggedabout it? Don't open your trunk for a few days ok?
post #14 of 14
Shucks. I guess I won't be buying property in Aspen. But then $3M probably wouldn't get me much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Humour and Fun Stuff