or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACL tear, surgery, & rehab diary - Page 4

post #91 of 245
Hey guys thanks for the support and concern! I appreciate it

But luckily it looks like I'm back on the road to recovery. Xrays at the er over the weekend were negative for fractures. Spent the weekend on crutches, but was able to walk, gingerly, by Monday. Has been improving since.

Got in to see my ortho last night and he laid hands on me and declared it 'ok' and I was healed, lol. Seriously I love this guy. He said about the only way to damage a bone-patellar-bone graft is to fall down stairs, so that's why he wanted me to come in, lol. But he said the graft is ok.

Still not back to where I was before. I can't walk up stairs normally yet. But it's a small price to pay for being a dumb-ass. I start PT tonight and I'm sure recovery will accelerate as I start focusing on ROM and strength again instead of getting over my latest boo-boo. I do worry about this trend towards being clumsy and accident prone tho. That's new.

Ps. Have any of you seen detailed pics of the procedure? They have good ones at http://www.wheelessonline.com/ It is scary and beautiful.
post #92 of 245
Quick Update:

my knee is starting to feel normal again, it still has it limits obviously, Stairs are almost back to normal though and my PT exercises have changed to doing different strengthening things and more balance things.

Its good to hear that all is good, and as far as pics are concerned, my doc had a bunch of pics from inside my knee he took with the scope that he showed me, but nothing all that recognizable.

post #93 of 245
Someone told me that they take pics for documentation purposes and that there is a written transcript of all activity also. All due to liability.
post #94 of 245
Thread Starter 
Good to hear it wasn't serious, Mike/Velodog2.

I got pics and a written transcript of my surgery as well. Kinda cool.

Went biking outside on a real bike today for the first time (been on a stationary bike only so far). Put on the flat pedals, because I didn't want to wrench the knee trying to twist out of clipless. It felt great! So many more muscles come into play when you're biking for real. It was doubly hard because I was at about 9,000 feet at our new place (just moved last weekend), and it was a moderate uphill pitch. The knee felt fine. I do need to keep working on the quad. I found out that if I stand up from my seat to pedal, I don't have enough strength in my right quad to pedal down (i.e. left leg at 6 o'clock, right at 12 o'clock) -- I just couldn't push down with the right leg. Gotta fix that.

Climbing up stairs is almost back to normal. Going down needs work -- I can't control the descent fully.
post #95 of 245
6 weeks from surgery

I've been riding the exercise bike twice a day, and have now started doing some squats and lunges to build back quad strength. ROM is getting better (about 130 degrees flexion at latest PT, still at -3 degrees extension), but of course I still stiffen up slightly throughout the day.

I'm walking quite normally (on flat ground anyway) and stairs are fine, although down is still a little difficult.

I hope to do a fair amount of hikes (we have one really good hike with 4000 feet vertical gain in 4 miles) that would be perfect for getting the legs back in shape, but I'll be a good boy and wait until I'm cleared to do so by the doc.


Velodog2/Mike - Great news your recent mishap. Slow up a little so you won't fall down!
post #96 of 245
Originally Posted by mmckimson View Post
Velodog2/Mike - Great news your recent mishap. Slow up a little so you won't fall down!
Sigh, good advice. I hate slowing down.

2 weeks (+1 day)
Progress seems slow. But it is steady. Gotta admit I was hoping to be further along, but with my setback, well, who knows how realistic my expectations were to begin with.

The knee/leg seems to be healing. It generally feels itchy and achey but in a vaguely good, if annoying, way I guess. That includes the lower leg/ankle/foot as most of you have reported. The patellar tendon area (bottom insertion) is the worst for aching. Walking doesn't seem to be much better in general. I did 15 minutes on the recumbent bike at level 4 at the gym last night and it felt sooo freakin good to really get the blood moving but it was sore afterwards. Leg raises of all sorts are getting easier, as is getting in and out of the car. Starting to do stairs normally again, with assist from the hand rail of course. Much of recovery seems to be about getting muscle strength/tone back.

Had first pt on wednesday so got some excercises to do at home. The therapist is this pissy little phillipino guy. I'd lost a couple inches off my thigh, and rom was something like -5 and 120 I think. The doc expects me to do much of the rehab myself anyway.

Nothing too exciting I guess and pretty much along the same lines as you guys.

Glad you all seem to be doing well in your respective recoveries. I am more interested than ever in skiing this year, as I now seem to have much more invested in it than before
post #97 of 245
3rd post op appointment:

I went to my surgeon again to check-in...and since I don't have a job this summer and my insurance will cover however many PT appointments I need i'm still going to be going to PT for the next 8 week 3 times a week.

He was also telling me that this is the point when the graft is at its weakest. Something about the cells are breaking down and changing from a tendon to a ligament. So I guess I'm not completely out of the weeks yet but at least I can walk almost completely normal now!

Good Luck to all of you,

post #98 of 245
7 weeks from surgery


According to my doctor, the "new" ligament breaks continues to break down (usually between 8 -12 weeks) and then rebuilds as blood supply improves. This is the time when we start to "feel good" and are at the greatest risk. There is also some bone regeneration going on that normally takes 4 months or so.

That's why most protocols don't have us getting back to full activities (particularly cutting activities) until after around 12 weeks, with skiing possible after 5 -6 months.

I know I'm itching to get going.

I'm walking fine, continuing to see improvement with range of motion (but not same as non-injured leg yet) and starting to work on gaining strength back in the leg.

post #99 of 245
3 weeks out here.

That is interesting about the rebuilding and the resulting temporary loss of strength.

My knee is doing pretty well i guess in general. Working on strength and rom as usual. Got to 140 flexion today and at least 0 on extension. I can go up and down stairs normally without handrail, but it still requires a little push from my other leg. Walking has improved generally and is pretty normal and without pain, from the knee anyway.

I seem to be able to keep coming up with problems tho. Another infection, this time in the main incision that my PT was concerned about. Trying to get hold of the dr. for that. Much more irritating is a pain that i woke up with yesterday morning in my groin, possibly where they put the nerve block. It is sensitive as all hell to the touch and hurts when i walk. The pain runs in a line down the inside of my leg to my inner knee - all of it sensitive to touch. It's very annoying and I was back to 2 percocets to sleep last night. Don't know how I manage to keep coming up with this stuff.
post #100 of 245
140 Degrees? I'm jealous...

Because I basically had my leg not doing much for 3 weeks due to the mensicus repair, my flexion is ranging between 125 - 130 degrees, with my extension measured at minus 4. My PT says that I should get full range of motion within 2 more weeks, so I guess I'll have to wait!

The good news is I'm walking fine and normal activities are doing well, including stairs. Plus, I've started working on a number of strengthening exercises (one-legged squats, lunges with dumbells, etc.) and the strength in the leg is improving.

Keep up the good work.


PS - Maybe all of us going thru ACL rehab will need to hook up for a day of skiing this next winter somewhere!
post #101 of 245
Yah, for your continued entertainment and education, the results of my latest snafu.

Finally got in touch with the nurse-practitioner yesterday about 3pm and told her about the infection. She said the dr. couldn't see me till tues and wouldn't prescribe antibiotic without seeing me in person. Then I told her about the groin/leg pain issue and she surprised me by telling me that it was probably related to the infection draining through the lymphatic system and causing the lymph node in my groin to swell. And that I should definitely see someone.

So I found an urgent care center in my town (so much nicer than the er ... I've learned so much) and yeah, everyone but me apparently knew that you can get that groin pain with a leg infection. On antibiotics now and keeping the leg raised. At least as uncomfortable as I have felt to date from this ordeal and basically sleeping in 4hr stints as the percocet stays effective.

Just gotta laugh I guess. This coulda/shoulda been a piece of cake, and really considering it's only been 3 weeks out of my life, I can't complain too much. Mike, you are doing great considering your meniscus issues - that makes a big difference it seems. And the only real deadline is that first snow anyway ...

It'd be fun to get together. Some people ask me if I will still ski after all this and I'm like hell yeah, I've made a big investment in skiing now and I want some return on it.
post #102 of 245
How could people ask if you were going to keep skiing? If I wasn't going to keep skiing, I wouldn't have had my surgery!

post #103 of 245
Originally Posted by mmckimson View Post
How could people ask if you were going to keep skiing? If I wasn't going to keep skiing, I wouldn't have had my surgery!

Lol, yeah, and then they ask if I had the surgery just so I could keep skiing, and I have to say, yeah I guess.

But, the fun hasn't stopped yet. I'm writing this from a hospital room that the infection has landed me in, probably till tuesday. The dr opened up my knee this morning and cleaned it out and I'm on IV antibiotics. They want to clean it out again before I can go home. Luckily the infection was still 'superficial' meaning it hadn't gotten into the joint, but they want to make sure it doesn't. Still, it caused my temp to spike up to 102 last night. I don't know what to say other than what did I do to deserve this? Lol, it's my catholic upbringing creeping in again.

Yup, all so I can ski again
post #104 of 245
Take care of yourself and take it easy... we've got a long time until the ski season starts.

post #105 of 245
Well they closed me up and let me escape yesterday. Was out by noon. The doc fixed me up so that I didn't have much pain and let me drive home myself, which is what I would have done anyway. Later I had more pain but floated the night away on percocet. Doing ok on tylenol now but I appreciate more what the nerve block did for me in those first 24-48 hrs after the initial surgery.

Still don't know what happened exactly. They got an infectious disease specialist involved who ran down the whole history with me and said he thought the most likely thing was that the original infection I had that first week never fully resolved. But my Doc isn't even convinced that it was an infection since nothing grew out in the culture dishes. Since I had lymph node involvement I don't know how it couldn't have been. Note to self - I am not a dr. He thinks it may have been a failure of the original incision to ever properly close internally. So as a part of my resulting prize package this time he sewed me up not with the pretty internal running stitch that gave me the faint little line of a scar but with the good old-fashioned frankenstein stitches that will leave me with a nice zipper. The thing looks like one of those decorative knotted holiday bread loaves. Oh well no biggie.

On antibiotics for 2 weeks with dr visits about every 5 days.

My initial, long-standing impression of surgery has been based on experience with my back dating back almost 20 yrs. That went like if you had a physical problem you should go ahead and get surgery for it because after you have finished dealing with the recovery you will think that the original problem wasn't so bad after all. Not much has changed.
post #106 of 245
So I was talking to my Physical Therapist today and apparently in a few weeks I'll be fitted for a brace, something called a defiance. But anyways I'm supposed to wear it when I Ski/Bike/Run all that jazz.

Do any of you know if you are getting such a brace. Its supposed to be light and low profile so I guess it won't be too big of a pain. less of a pain than going through all this rehab again (which isn't THAT bad but you know what I mean)
post #107 of 245
Thread Starter 
Hmm, the only thing my doc and PT said about a brace is that I could try it when I return to full twisting sports. Both said that it varies a lot from person to person in terms of whether they feel more or less comfortable with a brace.

I kind of slacked off at PT for a few weeks. We moved a few weeks ago, and carrying heavy boxes and furniture up and down stairs worked the leg a lot. Then I kind of took a break (I'm not going to regular PT anymore).

Biking everyday though, so that's been helping. Started doing my leg exercises with weights again and that felt really good. My goal is to start some light jogging next week. : My next PT and doctor's appointment is on July 24 -- my PT said he'd have me do some new stuff then.
post #108 of 245
8 weeks from surgery

My doc has suggested a brace for skiing, but not really for other sports (although I'm at the stage were I'm not ready anyway). I've read that once you've had a ski injury you are 2 -3 more times more likely to reinjure the knee without a brace than with one during the first year back, so I'll probably do some kind of brace.

My doc was pleased with my progress, and really the only thing I need to improve is getting the range of motion in the repaired knee to match the non-injured leg. I've always been real flexible so I have to keep working at it.

He also suggested that I don't "need" to go to PT anymore as long as I do a home program and stay dedicated. I am going to keep going until I do two things:

1. Get full range of motion.
2. Can pass the "test" they give US Ski team skier who have an ACL injury and go through rehab.

post #109 of 245
well now I'm certainly interested in this test thing. What does it involve?
post #110 of 245
I don't know yet... my PT says he wants me to get to this point and then we'll work on it. When I have a clue as to what it is, I'll let you know.

PS - The therapists I work with, Olympic Rehabilitation, are one of the groups that have been hired by the US Ski Team.
post #111 of 245
had a follow up appt yesterday which was good cause it was hurting and getting red again. So it turns out that something finally grew in the cultures and surprise it was the famous mrsa. They cut a couple stitches to relieve some of the pressure and put me on two new antibiotics. So I'm taking 14 pills a day and have learned to not tell people what it is because of the inevitable ewww response that makes me feel dirty like a diseased pariah.
post #112 of 245
2 Monthish update:

its starting to feel pretty normal...still doing a ton of exercises at PT like karaoke and walking backwards on a treadmill. should probably be able to jog in another few weeks and my swelling is almost done to the size of my "good knee"

Mike, that's scary stuff but good luck with it...

post #113 of 245
Tim, I'm doing about the same as you. My PT has me focusing on stabilization (along with ROM and strength). I really don't think about my knee all that much unless I've been sitting for a long time and it stiffens up slightly. I feel confident I'll be ready for the ski season.

Mike, take care of yourself and worry about rehab later. Your strength and mobility will come back with time.

post #114 of 245
Well, week 5 here.

The new antibiotics seem to be working, although they give me the shits, lol. That's how you can tell it's working... I'm not sure it is mrsa. I got that from the resident who saw me last friday. But that would seem to warrant more drastic measures than I got based on my research. So saw my Dr yesterday and he just said it was a resistant strain. Who knows/cares as long as it's going away.

Was supposed to get 'new' stitches removed yesterday, but doc is going all super conservative on me now and decided to wait another week for that, as well as restarting PT. So it was a little disappointing. He is blaming himself for my problems saying he should have done this or that. As long as it all works out all right I don't care, but I'm glad he is concerned and not blowing it off. It's a little uncomfortable sleeping still with the sutures and stiffness and all.

I'm jealous of you all for making progress now while I'm still treading water, but I'm telling myself it will come with time. I'm just back to having anxiety about it all now and won't believe it till I see it. I've gained weight and haven't been to the gym regularly cause I've felt so tired, so I'm feeling really crappy and bitchy.

How stable/unstable did your knee feel at the 5 week point? In what way? Sorry, I'm just feeling really anxious/paranoid.
post #115 of 245

First couple days post-op: help!

Originally Posted by faisasy View Post

First few days post-op
The rest of the day after surgery, I stayed mostly in bed. I was still very tired, groggy, and nauseous. Fortunately I was not feeling much pain. The knee would start throbbing every 4-5 hours, I'd take some Percoset, it'd be alright again. Did the CPM machine up to 30 degrees that first day. While I was able to walk around on crutches with weight on the operated leg, I didn't really feel like waking around too much. Kept the Cryo-Cuff going. Didn't eat much because my stomach felt all messed up. I had craving for the weirdest things, stuff that I never normally want, like Fruit Loops cereal, chicken wings and other "bad" food! Sleeping that night was a bit hard, since my leg was immobile in the brace.

On the second day, did the CPM machine and went up to 60 degrees, although it felt like I could go more. Still felt weak and nauseous. But the one thing that was driving me crazy was not being able to bend the knee because of the brace. I looked at the post-op instructions, and they listed exercises I should do right away, including heel-slides. Since I couldn't do heel-slides with the brace on, that was my indication that I could take the brace off -- so I did (and haven't used it since). It felt great to be able to move the knee around -- like finally scratching an itch you couldn't get to. In terms of pain, I was taking Percoset every 4 hours -- basically the throbbing would return when it wore off. I was very surprised -- I expected to feel a lot more pain, and it was relatively pain-free. I thought that maybe all of the anaesthesia had not worn off yet, and kept dreading imminent pain. The only sharp pain I felt was sometimes on the hamstring when pulling the leg up (e.g. when walking) -- felt like a really bad localized cramp. Understandable, since the hamstring was missing a piece!

By the third day I settled into a routine. I was up to 90 degrees on the CPM. Stopped taking Percoset and took Ibuprofen only when needed -- that helped get rid of the nausea (although it took a day or so before it completely went away) and I was able to eat normal food. Did the quad isometrics and heel-slides regularly -- still couldn't do straight leg raises. Walked around on crutches a bit more. I could put my weight on the leg fine, but it just didn't feel stable or strong enough yet.
Dr. Foulk also called on Sunday (day 2 after surgery) to see how I was doing. It was very nice of him to do so, since he was on vacation, but he just wanted to check up on me. He told me to keep the knee moving and get as much ROM as possible.

The main frustrating part was the stiffness of the knee. If I was sitting with the knee bent at 90 degrees, it was very stiff to get it straight again, and vice versa.

First post-op appt., Tuesday, March-27-2007 (4 days post-op)
Since Dr. Foulk was on vacation, I saw the nurse practitioner. She took off the dressing so I could finally see the knee for the first time. It actually didn't look too badly swollen. The tape strips covering the scars were small and the "wounds" didn't look too gross. I did have a huge bruise at the back of the knee -- it was a very dark purple in patches. It is apparently pretty common -- because I'd had the Cryo-Cuff on and kept the top of the knee compressed/iced, all the bruising had moved to the back of the knee. They checked my extension and flexion. My extension was very good -- laying down, I could touch the exam-table with the back of the knee. Flexion was at 95 degrees. I was okay to go into PT, twice a week.

First PT session, Thursday, March-29-2007 (6 days post-op)
Went back to see Judd at Physiotherapy Associates. Man, did it feel good! He moved the knee around, massaged the back of the knee, and just generally loosened it up. Flexion was at 95 degrees unassisted, 100 degrees assisted. He was pleasantly surprised at my full extension -- said I did not need to work on that anymore. He said that after ACL surgery, extension is the thing that needs to worked on quickly. Flexion takes time due to the swelling in the knee, but it will almost always come back. So in that respect, I was fortunate that I had full extension. Did the eletrical stimulation of the quad and got the GameReady treatment. Still on crutches with weight-bearing.
Hi, I just had my ACL reconstruction surgery yesterday morning (right knee, allograft). Just discovered this thread, and want to ask about some discrepancies between your experience and mine.
I was not given a "CPM machine". Some articles on the Internet suggest that not using one could slow down the recovery process significantly:
Should I then ask my doctor for one? If the machine is so useful, why wouldn't everyone get one?
I did pick up, a few days before the surgery, an "EB-Ice" unit, which is designed to continously circulate ice water to pads on my knee for the first three days after surgery, and sporadically thereafter. On my knee there are the bandages, then the icing pads, then a gauze wrapping, then a brace of some sort (closes with velcro).
Now, the icing unit clapped out after 3 hours at home, and I can't get a hold of anyone in the doctor's office as it's the weekend. What is more important, keeping the gauze and brace on for purposes of compression and immobilization? Or should I remove the brace, gauze and pads, and ice down the knee the old fashioned way? And what about motion? -- As far as I knew, I was supposed to wait for the Thursday post-op appointment before any of the stuff on my knee was going to be removed.

Reading now about this CPM machine makes me worry about the knee/joint getting really stiff; at the same time I'm also worried about removing the brace without doc's advice.

My doc has a good reputation as a surgeon, but I'm feeling now as if I didn't quite get a comprehensive low-down on the post-op.
post #116 of 245
Thread Starter 
^^^ CBtoNYC, I have absolutely no expertise to judge why your doctor did not prescribe a CPM machine for you, or any of the other differences.

There could be many things different about your injury and reconstruction than mine, thus necessitating difference recovery process. From what I've heard, damage to the meniscus is the most common reason for limiting post-op motion. I did not have any meniscus damage or repair. Did you?

It is odd that you can't get a hold of anyone at your doctor's office. I also had my surgery on a Friday morning. My surgeon went on vacation starting that same evening, but the clinic always had a doctor on call the whole weekend (whom I did call and talk to on Saturday). My surgeon also called me on Sunday from his vacation just to check up on me -- that was a huge bonus point in my book.

Again, I'm no expert at all, but taking off the gauze seems risky. I took the brace off myself because I needed to do my exercises (which I couldn't do with it on). Icing is very important, so it's critical you do it regularly. The brace is usually only there to protect the knee in case you fall -- I don't think it's doing much else (that's what my doc said about my injury and brace). Are you wearing a Ted hose for compression?

My doc gave me motion exercises to work on starting the day after surgery. But again, there may be something about your injury that dictates you not doing any movement.
post #117 of 245
I agree completely with what Faisasy said. Every doctor has developed a protocol that, based upon the sugery they do, produces the best outcomes. Isn't that what it's all about?

In my case, I felt like I was lagging behind the other guys here in terms of getting back range of motion and strength, but it was because my surgery also included a meniscus repair, which involves sutures needing to repair before trying weight-bearing activity (walking) and PT. I did use a CPM.

Yet here it is 9 weeks post=op and I'm about the same place everyone else was at that point (the exception probably being the leg is a little weaker due to 3 weeks of inactivity).

Do what your doctor says and ask him about CPM machines and his recovery protocol at your neaxt appointment.

post #118 of 245
Thread Starter 
~4-month post-op update

The biking has been helping a lot. I've been riding between 1 to 2.5 hours with about ~600' of climbing thrown in everyday. The knee feels great. There's almost no pain going up the stairs. Last night, I didn't watch where I was going and kinda stumbled on the injured leg and it felt very solid with no "give", pain, or anything. Went on my first real post-op hike -- about 3 miles round-trip, ~800' of vertical. Felt good -- could have kept going, but didn't want to push it too much on the first day. The only weakness is on the way down, either on the trail or on stairs -- the quad is still too weak to let me do a controlled squat -- so basically I have to fall down on each step (when standing on the injured leg).

Now I need to work on my uninjured leg actually -- since I've been doing so much rehab/strength-building on my right leg, my left is actually comparatively weaker now!

Have my next PT and doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Should learn some new exercises.
post #119 of 245

First couple days post-op: responses

Thanks for the (generally) reassuring words guys. This thread has a lot of useful info in general. My very best wishes to Velodog2, given your setbacks, I feel for you man.

In order to try and ice it down, I took off the brace, and what I now think are Ace bandages, and tried putting a couple of Ziplocs of ice on the gauze/bandages. This seemed to achieve no cooling effect, so I've more or less abandoned that effort. It seems like the only way I'd be able to properly ice the knee down would be to take off the gauze...
(I don't remember icing down the knee at all for the first couple of weeks after my other ACl operation, 12 years ago in college and on the other knee. B/t/w, there is no comparison in terms of pain management between that one, a patellar autograft, and this one: I was in agony for a solid week after that one, and needed Percocet to go to sleep for at least 3 weeks.)

On the other hand, taking the brace off and doing a few ankle rotations and knee flexions has made the knee feel better -- less stiff, less painful. I just hope I'm not going against the protocol, although my doc did say it was alright to move around (just without details! or specified exercises). In general, it's not that painful except for when I try to move it laterally, or when I feel the rush of blood to it when I stand up.

W/r/t the meniscus issue -- my MRI report did indicate a torn meniscus, but I gathered from the nurse and the resident (the surgeon wasn't there) post-op that they didn't end up (having to) repair the meniscus. -- Which sounds good, except, are MRI reports commonly "off" like that?

Incidentally, common with some others on this forum, I injured myself on my first day on new skis (and first day of the season!) -- on a shorter length than I had been used to because I would be skiing much more in the East than previously... Was making a turn to the right, and my right (inside) ski engaged the tip and got locked on edge before that leg was properly aligned (i.e., more of an A-frame than parallel leg shafts, and not the backward fall that a lot of the literature indicates is the most common cause of the injury). I could feel it immediately.
Needless to say, I will be much more careful in future when on unfamiliar gear.
post #120 of 245
Welcome CB! Your comparison of the allograft to autograft experience is interesting. I don't hear of people being in agony after an autograft anymore (I wasn't) so perhaps pain mgmt or surgical technique has improved over the years, but certainly most of the discomfort I did have (not related to my 'setbacks') was from the graft site. It sounds like you are doing all right in general. I certainly sympathize with the problem of contacting your dr. All of my problems occured on a thursday-friday timeframe and the weekends are a vacuum filled by ers and urgent care centers. It sucks that your dr. is so uncommunicative in general tho. It feels like you are on your own too much. FWIW I was told to take the dressings (cotton, gauze) off the next day after the surgery.

If it helps, most of the research I've read about early mobilization (re: cpm machines, etc) indicates that you get a faster return of rom and general recovery with it, but ultimately the final results are similar with or without it. The biggest advantage is less 'down-time'.

I apologize for my last post - I was pretty much in full anxiety mode. It had been a tough couple of weeks and i appreciate your support.

5 1/2 weeks - Got the stitches out (again) yesterday and all looks good according to the dr. The joint has continued to recover through all of this and is still what he considers a "four month knee". Meaning that I would be cleared to ski in 4 mos from surgery as he had originally promised. Given his track record of being maybe a lil over aggressive (can't believe I just typed that, lol) I'm glad there won't be snow at the 4 month mark. Cleared for excercise bike this week, orbital next week, and back to PT finally. Antibiotics done this friday, which is nice because I haven't had a solid **** in a week, lol.

Still am a few degrees off on rom from the other knee in both directions. No pain at all walking and no limp if I haven't been sitting for a while which allows it to stiffen up a bit. Stairs up and down without assistance although still weak in the operated leg. Ugly scar. A tiny bit of catching or roughness when i flex my knee, barely perceptible unless I hold my knee in my hand, which the dr indicated was normal and due to some scar tissue.

Feel better here. Sex drive has returned - always the best measure of overall physical and mental health :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: