or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Realskiers/PMTS/HH/SCSA....CALLING YOU OUT for a SKI-OFF!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Realskiers/PMTS/HH/SCSA....CALLING YOU OUT for a SKI-OFF! - Page 9

post #241 of 323
Just one word of warning to volklskier1, if you accept the challenge...you might actually have a good time.
(at least that has been the observed outcomes of these smackdown meetings).
FWIW, my money is on HS. I'm over 50 and yeah, it matters.

Dang, go figure...top of page AGAIN!
post #242 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
If you can't make it to Stowe, it's possible we could conduct this at Pico this sunday. There will be other epicskiers there for the show.....I know the mountain a bit, but it could still be considered neutral territory. What say you???
Does Pico have the terrain needed? How about the old Poma track? If this IS to be at Pico this Sunday, I will be there, let me know the time. I would be willing to video and be a judge. I still think the Devils Fiddle would be a better venue .
post #243 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
FWIW, my money is on HS. I'm over 50 and yeah, it matters.
Back to my point, that the only way to prove if PMTS training it would make HS a better skier would be (again, god forbid!) clone him.
post #244 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Does Pico have the terrain needed? How about the old Poma track? If this IS to be at Pico this Sunday, I will be there, let me know the time. I would be willing to video and be a judge. I still think the Devils Fiddle would be a better venue .
Yes, there are certainly a few spots that are worthy for skiing-off. The snowpack and what rain or snow we get will play a major role in the difficulty level though.
post #245 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
FWIW, my money is on HS. I'm over 50 and yeah, it matters.
A number of us in your age bracket may agree...however...I would bet Phil Mahre would school anybody half his age, anyplace, anytime.

He is making a run to qualify for U.S. Championships at the age of 50 for heavens sake. Now that’s inspiring. He comments in a recent article that “most of the kids he is competing against were not even born when he grabbed ’84 Sarajevo Gold”.

I wonder if he finds the U.S. Championships boring maybe he’d like to take up this monumental challenge.
post #246 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDenver View Post
A number of us in your age bracket may agree...however...I would bet Phil Mahre would school anybody half his age, anyplace, anytime.

He is making a run to qualify for U.S. Championships at the age of 50 for heavens sake. Now that’s inspiring. He comments in a recent article that “most of the kids he is competing against were not even born when he grabbed ’84 Sarajevo Gold”.

I wonder if he finds the U.S. Championships boring maybe he’d like to take up this monumental challenge.
The real question is, does he consider himself PMTS, or is he just being claimed? I know of several very high level skiers that happen to use movements associated with PMTS that don't consider themselves PMTS students, instructors or affiliates of any kind. It seems that good skiing is sometimes promoted by an early inside edge release. How you come by it may vary.

A careful study of Highway Star's skiing will reveal a phantom movement to release the downhill ski and promote early transition to the new outside ski edge. I've heard he evolved this technique of rapid turn deployment without instruction.
post #247 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
The real question is, does he consider himself PMTS, or is he just being claimed? I know of several very high level skiers that happen to use movements associated with PMTS that don't consider themselves PMTS students, instructors or affiliates of any kind. It seems that good skiing is sometimes promoted by an early inside edge release. How you come by it may vary.
Surely no! There are high level skiers that might use a multitude of techniques!!!! Say it isn't so, That is pure poppycock.
post #248 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
The real question is, does he consider himself PMTS, or is he just being claimed?
That’s a very good question. Can clues be found exposing his true allegiance in a recent quote Phil provides to John Meyer?

When I free ski, I can work on some of the new movement patterns, but when I get in a course, you kind of revert back to what you’ve done for 40 years”.
post #249 of 323
Thread Starter 
SO WHAT'S IT GOING TO BE????

We should get 12"+ off this storm in VT and surrounding areas, so conditions should be great this weekend. I have my car packed and ready to go up tonight, so if this is going to happen, it needs to be decided today, because I have limited internet access in VT.

PICO, SUNDAY......volklskier1, are you in??????
post #250 of 323
Thread Starter 
Bump - I have the day off tomorrow and will be leaving work by 7pm EST. We will have to continue this little love fest on Monday or Tuesday.

I take it we still have no one ready to man up?????
post #251 of 323
Well I'll be at Windham on Sunday and Killington on Monday.

Wanna ski?

I'm not picking up the challenge, because I'm sure I'm not a better skier than you are, but I've only been doing it for a few years now. The idea is to hang out and get some video if you want. I'll snowboard with my GF the rest of the day after a couple of runs.
post #252 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
Bump - I have the day off tomorrow and will be leaving work by 7pm EST. We will have to continue this little love fest on Monday or Tuesday.

I take it we still have no one ready to man up?????

HS: PM me if you might go to Killington on Friday, I am probably going there and would love to make some turns in the stuff you like to ski. Don't know how much of the good stuff will be open: Fiddle is closed and some of the woods seems to be closed from their ski report, but I'm sure there are some turns to be had . Have fun skiing this weekend.
post #253 of 323
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys, but I'll be up at Stowe, and was only going to come down if this materialized.
post #254 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbowler View Post
HS: PM me if you might go to Killington on Friday, I am probably going there and would love to make some turns in the stuff you like to ski. Don't know how much of the good stuff will be open: Fiddle is closed and some of the woods seems to be closed from their ski report, but I'm sure there are some turns to be had . Have fun skiing this weekend.
Noreaster comming this weekend. Predicting up to 2 feet of snow throughout New England.

It should be epic conditions.
post #255 of 323
I challenge you!!!
post #256 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by saq View Post
I challenge you!!!
You challenge who?
post #257 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
You challenge who?
The highwaystar dude. I'll own him.
post #258 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by saq View Post
The highwaystar dude. I'll own him.
…get your ICE COLD beer here…Beer, Beer…get your ICE COLD beer here…
post #259 of 323
Coulda, shoulda been this weekend, it was EPIC indeed.
post #260 of 323
Thread Starter 
Looks like more fallout on realskiers and TGR.......

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80139

"The Harbl" thread referenced:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=79771

Oh boy.....
post #261 of 323
Thread Starter 
I Am Still Calling You Out, PMTS Skiers!!!!!!
post #262 of 323
Hey, HS, I forgive you all your sins. That Harbl thread was utterly brilliant. I almost died laughing at it.
post #263 of 323
Thread Starter 
From the Harbster himself:

Quote:
I hear through the grapevine that the freak who posted here and got banned, is all over the internet promoting and directing everyone to look at PMTS, my books, DVDs and my web site. It doesn’t matter if those newbies are positive or like PMTS or not, the ones that will investigate PMTS seriously, will become customers, the ones that are too full of themselves already, won’t. Nothing lost, we have only gained a wider audience.

As a result of this freak's ego hunting, there are many more skiers now that will be introduced to PMTS.

Good press, bad press, remember it's better than no press. Thanks, freaknick, who ever you are!
http://realskiers.com/pmtsforum/viewtopic.php?t=1562

Glad they could help you out there, buddy!!!!
post #264 of 323
Thread Starter 
They will "pardon" you though.....

http://realskiers.com/pmtsforum/viewtopic.php?t=1512

Quote:
How does everyone feel about this? I am willing let some of the banned posters re-enter the site, if they can conduct themselves in a respecting manner. By respecting, I mean, they can ask questions about PMTS, they can explain experiences if they have tried to use PMTS, they can add comments about their skiing with other systems, post video etc. like anyone else.

But they can’t just post attacks or despairing speculative comments about PMTS. They don’t have to be all positive posts, but if they are not, they’d better have good reasons for the comments or proof to back it up. They also have to write a request to re-enter, either to Hobbit or John.

For example, Alaska Mike got off on the wrong foot, maybe he was misunderstood, but he wrote me a valid request and explained the circumstances of his blocked entry and I felt he showed reason and made a good case, so he was reinstated.
Ever consider that people might not want to come back? Nah.....
post #265 of 323
Thread Starter 
Sounds like someone got under his skin.....

Quote:
Well isn’t it interesting what goes on when I’m gone for a few days.

I don’t visit other ski forums and frankly, I didn’t know that Teton-or what ever, even existed. I hope the moderators will finally delete the post (I didn't read it).

I won’t speculate about who this is, it doesn’t matter as this is a sick individual, but you can be sure it’s someone who’s banned form this forum. Either my ignoring this person or the strength of PMTS, must be really bugging someone, if they’ll go to this extent, to use fraudulent tactics and steal my identity to misrepresent me and my company, which is highly illegal.
Greg, can we contact the moderator and see if they can identify and uncover from the post, who the perpetrator is, by some method?
Quote:
About the post on Teton, I hope it hasn’t caused too much of a disruption, over there, it has here, and I’m sorry anyone had to deal with it.

I don’t know who posts there but, I wish they didn’t have to be introduced to PMTS or Harb Ski Systems this way. Hopefully the post can be deleted and the whole thing forgotten. I am having my lawyers look into the possibilitiesof how to deal with this level of fraud and identity theft.
Quote:
I'm telling my mommy!!!!!
http://realskiers.com/pmtsforum/view...asc&star t=15
post #266 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
Hey, HS, I forgive you all your sins. That Harbl thread was utterly brilliant. I almost died laughing at it.
I wish I could take credit for it, but it wasn't me. Just word getting around I guess.....the TGR guys like those aliases.

I thought the fallout thread in response to the realskiers threads was funnier though.
post #267 of 323
Thread Starter 
post #268 of 323
This thread was temporarily closed for moderator discussion. Please refrain from bringing the RealSkiers and TGR topics into the instruction forum.

That is all, carry on.
post #269 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
This thread was temporarily closed for moderator discussion. Please refrain from bringing the RealSkiers and TGR topics into the instruction forum.

That is all, carry on.
Thanks! Just wanted to post up the related threads that were created as a result of this one. :
post #270 of 323

Owned

I would love to see a ski off to settle all of the BS myself. Having said that, I have personally skied with Harald, Diana and Rich, and I can promise you they will hand you your a$$ in a bucket. They are briliant skiers and make it all look easy.:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Realskiers/PMTS/HH/SCSA....CALLING YOU OUT for a SKI-OFF!