or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Program

post #1 of 55
Thread Starter 
Am starting a new teaching program based on this material: http://davefoley.com/bikeracing/negacoach/index.html

I'd appreciate your thoughts.
post #2 of 55
lol
post #3 of 55
Perfect, Weems! To hell with that GCT crap.

How about "We can help you suck at a higher level!" for your ad slogan?

I understand that whole setting yourself apart, and charging premium rates for your expertise, thing; However, is it not going to be hard to gain market share when Harald and Paul offer the same service at no cost?

Ya probably want to make sure they haven't filed for patents on this approach...
post #4 of 55
DUH...! I've been teaching this way for years!!! Don't believe me? Ask cgeib! lol

This is too funny! I'm sure Weems can integrate this into the Sports Diamond, and no doubt ASPEN has no shortage of McMansion Masters!
post #5 of 55
Welll, Chris Carmichael might take offense. But he is out of this class with a coaching program at $1500 a month! Go figure! This guy is a piker.
post #6 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Am starting a new teaching program based on this material: http://davefoley.com/bikeracing/negacoach/index.html

I'd appreciate your thoughts.
I don't know, my friend. Last time we skied together, it was you who piled up in front of me. What's up with that? : Perhaps we'll need to team for this one.

This is the natural extension of the sports diamond(tm), I think. If you abandon all corners except Power, you get the skiing NegaCoach.
post #7 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
I don't know, my friend. Last time we skied together, it was you who piled up in front of me. What's up with that? : Perhaps we'll need to team for this one.

This is the natural extension of the sports diamond(tm), I think. If you abandon all corners except Power, you get the skiing NegaCoach.
Actually, I did rip my miniscus on that crash (either that or I've got nano rodents gnawing on the wiring). I get scoped in May.

Actually this approach originated with Don Rickles: Ridicule to Excellence.
"That's nice what you're doing on your skis. Do you prefer that to actually skiing?"
post #8 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Actually, I did rip my miniscus on that crash (either that or I've got nano rodents gnawing on the wiring). I get scoped in May.
Joking aside, I'm really sorry to hear that. Let me know how it goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Actually this approach originated with Don Rickles: Ridicule to Excellence.
"That's nice what you're doing on your skis. Do you prefer that to actually skiing?"
Hmmm... You and Don Rickles. Of course! I'd never made the connection!
post #9 of 55
If I swear at myself after doing something stupid, do I have to mail in a royalty check?
post #10 of 55
Sorry to hear about the knee, Weems. Any way to get Steve's insurance to cover the pileup? Unlike him, I'd never have linked you to Don Rickles.

Oh, yeah, that biker's approach won't win you any ladylove like you've gotten from the gals you've coached.
post #11 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Actually this approach originated with Don Rickles: Ridicule to Excellence.
"That's nice what you're doing on your skis. Do you prefer that to actually skiing?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post
I'd never have linked you to Don Rickles.

Oh, yeah, that biker's approach won't win you any ladylove like you've gotten from the gals you've coached.
I was thinking more like Tim Conway's Dorf on golf approach. Got a plan for something along those lines?
post #12 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
"That's nice what you're doing on your skis. Do you prefer that to actually skiing?"
LMAO! I am using that one!
post #13 of 55
Don't you love the infinite creativity the Internet has permitted us to enjoy? (Sorry to hear you too have a ski injury, Weems. You're the third one of my friends who tore a meniscus this winter--though the other two were doing Yoga, of all things.)
post #14 of 55

myNega-Coach.com

I wonder if he will franchise this stuff? Good catch, that's pretty funny stuff. jon p.s. Steve Edberg's line, "Is that better than skiing?"
post #15 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post
Any way to get Steve's insurance to cover the pileup?
Now, now, Kneale, that's how rumors get started! I was no where near him when he piled into the bump... as far as you know...
post #16 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
Now, now, Kneale, that's how rumors get started! I was no where near him when he piled into the bump... as far as you know...
My understanding is that you ran me over. The lawyers will be calling soon. Nothing that happened to me can ever be my actual fault. This is one of the essences of nega-coaching: you are wrong, because I'm not.

And, TC, your "thinking" is the antithesis of this program. Just read and obey. There is no where in the manual that says you can or should think.

I sent this to Horst Abraham and here's his reply.
Moron!

What took you so long to figure out what we knew all along! This hand-holding, Kumbaya Diamond Pro s#$t had to be found out sooner or later to be just what it is: excrement!
Now get on with it and kick some a@s!
post #17 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo View Post
Don't you love the infinite creativity the Internet has permitted us to enjoy? (Sorry to hear you too have a ski injury, Weems. You're the third one of my friends who tore a meniscus this winter--though the other two were doing Yoga, of all things.)
Nolo, do your friends a favor and steer them to tai chi.

Weems, sorry to hear about your injury. On the recovery side try a little tai chi.
post #18 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicB View Post
Nolo, do your friends a favor and steer them to tai chi.

Weems, sorry to hear about your injury. On the recovery side try a little tai chi.
Thanks. I do.

It's not that bad. I'm able to do the whole season on it.

But I'll probably get scoped again. It depends on how much is left.
post #19 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicB View Post
Nolo, do your friends a favor and steer them to tai chi.

Weems, sorry to hear about your injury. On the recovery side try a little tai chi.
I like tai chi, but it is completely lacking in the humiliation and ridicule components of my new coaching program. Maybe full contact tai chi?
post #20 of 55
I always wondered, if two martial artists meet up and one practices Tai Chi and the other practices Judo or Jujitsu or Tai Kwan Do, who would win, or is mixing it up between different martial arts not done?
post #21 of 55
That would really depend on who has perfected their technique the most. My own personal bend is towards the soft arts where your opponents strength and your ability to neutralize your opponents energy and force and use ti against them is key to your success. All arts have their strengths and weaknesses as do all weapons.

Along this line I watched a recent program that tested scientifically an artists ability to deliver a lethal blow. All the participants were world champions, (tai chi wasn't represented). The Jinjitsu artist delivered the most powerful blow. It was speed coupled with directed energy. More powerful than a baseball bat blow.

Speed is cultivated by a totally relaxed body, harmonized, and integrated into one thought and intent. All movement and energy is serving this intent.
post #22 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Actually, I did rip my miniscus on that crash (either that or I've got nano rodents gnawing on the wiring). I get scoped in May.

Actually this approach originated with Don Rickles: Ridicule to Excellence.
"That's nice what you're doing on your skis. Do you prefer that to actually skiing?"
Weems, sorry to hear that. If your thinking of taking it easy, we could use you over on poma 1 for the rest of the season.-----Wigs
post #23 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
Weems, sorry to hear that. If your thinking of taking it easy, we could use you over on poma 1 for the rest of the season.-----Wigs
Thanks, Wigs. It's not THAT bad. Actually, it only hurts when I walk (or laugh), not when I ski...unless it's icy rattly stuff.

I'm glad they make ibuprofin in small candy bite-size.

But what the hell do I know? I can't even spell meniscus.

SCSA would say it all happened because of my technique. Damn, I must not of pulled my inside foot back. He is my nega-coach god.
post #24 of 55
Quote:
Speed is cultivated by a totally relaxed body, harmonized, and integrated into one thought and intent. All movement and energy is serving this intent.
I love this thought, RicB. You are chock full of these wise little nuggets and I for one really appreciate it when you drop a few our way.

I also like that Tai Chi is not so much martial as it is an art, if my interpretation is correct.
post #25 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicB View Post
Speed is cultivated by a totally relaxed body, harmonized, and integrated into one thought and intent. All movement and energy is serving this intent.
I too like that thought. While I think it was probably made by Rick in the immediate context of a martial art movement it is even more interesting to me in the context of skiing where the same is true about speed but it is done in harmony (sounds pretty martial artsy to me ) with gravity and terrain.

Also I think you can replace speed with a jump or huck and having ring just as true. I just came back from a week of continuous powder skiing in Utah where even I was able to play with small (OK, according to my kids TINY) boulders. It was unbelievable fun trying to going off of 5 -10 foot boulders all week and attempting to incorporate just this philosophy. It's real nirvana when achieved even to a partial degree.
post #26 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo View Post
I love this thought, RicB. You are chock full of these wise little nuggets and I for one really appreciate it when you drop a few our way.

I also like that Tai Chi is not so much martial as it is an art, if my interpretation is correct.
My understanding is that it is both -- one of my instructors used to say: "It doesn't have to be slow to be Tai Chi" Another of my instructors seemed to be able to counter any attack using Tai Chi moves as defense. I read somewhere that for every Tai chi move, there is a counter move in Kung Fu. And vice versa.
post #27 of 55
A correction, it was Ninjitsu, the art of the Ninja's. The Ninjitsu champion delivered the most powerful blow and interesting enough as an observer, you would never have guessed it was the most powerfull. Visually it looked to be near the bottom of the group because there was much less actual movement. But the test crash dummy doesn't lie.

Tai chi chaun is both and then some. Most in the west really practice with the yin, slow meditative movement side in mind, and may never discover the true depth of tai chi chaun.

P.S. The way of tai chi is the way of natural laws and this practice easily transfers into our other movements and activities. I find many similarities and transfer between skiing and tai chi chaun. Gravity and the forces generated are simply external influences that need read, neutralized, and/or redirected. Tis a life long endeaver for me.
post #28 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Nothing that happened to me can ever be my actual fault.
Well of course not, I'm sure ssh didn't really mean to suggest such a ridiculous notion. This is the USA after all:

Clearly it was all Steve's fault!

I hope all you have is soft snow and the knee feels better
post #29 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeib View Post
Clearly it was all Steve's fault!
There once was a domain named "its-steves-fault.com". I bought it at the request of my staff at a mar-comm company. They promised to populate it with all of the things that were my fault, including world hunger, taxes, and a few other choice items. They never did, though, and I let the registration lapse. Of course, that's my fault, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeib View Post
I hope all you have is soft snow and the knee feels better
Ya-mon! Stay cool and get well! :
post #30 of 55
Hey I tryed that Chai Ti! I like the vanilla flavor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Instruction & Coaching