New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boot Dryer

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I am looking for an affordable boot dryer..A portable one...I have looked around some websites and they are around 100 bucks..WOW..It s way too expensive for a boot dryer..Can you pls recommend me a cheap one..Maybe the cheapest in the market? lol Thanks...
post #2 of 21
Search for boot dryer on here. There are some home made ones that may work for you.
post #3 of 21
sirrus (sp) make one that retails for $60 CAD.


or use a cheap blow dryer with the heat turned off
post #4 of 21
Old blow dryer with a white PCV "T" on the end. Lay the boot's cuff to cuff, stick the T in each cuff, stick the old blow dryer in the single end of the T and turn it on air, not heat. I have this set up that will do 2 pair at a time.

How's that for being cheap?

Or put a chair next the wall over a heat vent, put the boots upside down over the arm of the chair between the wall and the arm of the chair. the warm air comes up in to the boots.

How's that for even cheaper?
post #5 of 21
The Serius (sp?) model is worthless. I've gone through two of them in about a month. The fan/blower has gone out twice on me. I've always used my register at home, but wanted something to travel with. I'm going the blow dryer w/ PVC system in the future......Thanks Max....
post #6 of 21
I've owned one of these for five years - works great , quiet, portable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thermic-Boot-Dry...QQcmdZViewItem
post #7 of 21

By far the best...

...they're only $40, and they work fine on your s***kickers, too...

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...d=PSDM97/278.0
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer View Post
I've owned one of these for five years - works great , quiet, portable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thermic-Boot-Dry...QQcmdZViewItem
I can second the endorsement of the Thermic. I have had mine for 5 years also and my liners are always dry in the morning.
post #9 of 21
The one I got is called Peetz (sp?) Had it for years now, it gets used almost every day during ski season and the odd time in the off season too. I think it was only around $40 cdn.
post #10 of 21
Go to Walmart and buy a small 6 inch diameter fan ($4.78). Place boots together with toes pointing up, and direct fan into boot. I have done this for years, and it works great.
post #11 of 21
A friend uses the Peet. I've examined his footbeds, and the weight of the boot pressing the footbeds down on the hard plastic ribs at the top of the shaft left dents in his footbeds. The Peet also raises the temperature to above 100 degrees. I wouldn't think this would be good for either the liner or the plastics.

We've had a couple of Seirus Innovation dryers in use for a several years. One just bit the dust after maybe 250 overnights. The other's only been used about a fourth as much and is still going strong. I just ordered a replacement for $40. The feature I like the most is that the Seirus has the option of circulating room-temperature air through the boot. Or you can run the heater part and warm them up to just about body temperature.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post
A friend uses the Peet. I've examined his footbeds, and the weight of the boot pressing the footbeds down on the hard plastic ribs at the top of the shaft left dents in his footbeds. The Peet also raises the temperature to above 100 degrees. I wouldn't think this would be good for either the liner or the plastics.
Which Peet, propane or electric? That sounds way hot for the electric units. (I'm gonna try for some readings tonight.)


I'm totally sold on the packable elegance of an aquarium pump.
post #13 of 21
I built mine. I went to Home Depot and picked up a 6" heat duct fan and porcelin light fixture. I built a wood box around the fan, installed the light in front of the fan and put some vinyl hoses out the top of the box that go into two pairs of boots and a pair of gloves. . A 100 watt bulb and my boots are dry overnight. Cost, about $20.
post #14 of 21
I use a Snap Dry boot dryer and have no complaints. It packs easily, is fairly quiet, and does not get too hot. You can get one at Snow shack for $59. I think I got mine on ebay for $39.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I built mine. I went to Home Depot and picked up a 6" heat duct fan and porcelin light fixture. I built a wood box around the fan, installed the light in front of the fan and put some vinyl hoses out the top of the box that go into two pairs of boots and a pair of gloves. . A 100 watt bulb and my boots are dry overnight. Cost, about $20.
Innovative idea and great for your personal ski house but I would not want to take it on a road trip. Besides the fact that it would be bulky, I would think that the airport bomb squad would likely blow it up on the tarmac somewhere just as a precaution. :
post #16 of 21
I have been using these for about 10 years and they have never failed to dry my boots over night. Small and out of the way. Just plug them in and slip them inside your boot. They are about 6" long.

Happy Feet Dry n Warm boot dryers
$29.95 $24.85
Mid-season sale price!


An easy way to warm or dry your boots!

Dry-n-Warm is a footwear drying and warming system that's portable, convenient, affordable and silent. The convection heat thermally dries from the inside out without removing your liners. Dry time depends on the dampness of your boots but usually takes no longer than overnight. Warming time takes about 30 minutes.

Dry-n-Warm heat will not damage your footwear or liners because it gets no warmer than a little more than body temperature. Works on household current and will not work in Europe without a power converter. Comes with a 1 year manufactures warranty.


Alpine Accessories home page

Phone: 847-854-4754 1-800-476-6754 within the USA Fax: 847-854-4756
post #17 of 21
Here's a creative DIYer boot dryer made from computer cooling fans and misc parts.
post #18 of 21

Peet Dryers are Great

[quote=Kneale Brownson;657967]A friend uses the Peet. I've examined his footbeds, and the weight of the boot pressing the footbeds down on the hard plastic ribs at the top of the shaft left dents in his footbeds. The Peet also raises the temperature to above 100 degrees. I wouldn't think this would be good for either the liner or the plastics.

We've had a couple of Seirus Innovation dryers in use for a several years. One just bit the dust after maybe 250 overnights.

A plug for the Peet-Hmm..I wonder if your friend does not tighten his buckles before putting the boot on the dryer. It fits very tight within the boot and there is no way that the shaft could put a dent in the footbed, if the buckles were tightened. My current Surefoot insoles are in great shape after approx 200+ nights on the dryer, and the dryer itself has been going for at least 1000 nights (I just leave it on and always seem to have a pair of hiking boots/running shoes/ski boots on it). No moving parts, just passive heat-and 100 degrees F is just a bit warmer than the human body..and if you are talking celcius-I don't believe that with the plug in mode

I leave my boots on my Peet dryer for days and have had no probs with either liners or footbed. I think the Peet actually extends the life of your boot-no mildew etc. I use the dryer all year for all of my shoes and it is awesome. Keeps the odor away as well. I recomend the Peet very highly. You can pack it in most boot bags with no problems. It is great to put a warm pair of boots on in the morning. It really works well. After 4 years the base cracked (just last night)-the only prob I have ever had.

Oh yeah and they are made in St Maries Idaho!!
post #19 of 21
Here's my boot dryer:





It's basically the guts from a $5 fan installed in a small Rubbermaid container. I use 3/4" PVC fittings on the top to attach a variety of doodads. I have some short PVC tubes with holes drilled for drying gloves. Sections of flexible plastic washing machine drain hose are used for drying boots. I can dry 6 items at a time. All of the doodads stow inside the Rubbermaid container for transport or when not in use.

The PVC fittings are 3/4" male threaded and screw into 1" holes drilled in the container. The same fittings screw into the ends of the drain tubing. It's basically a collection of cheap parts that happen to fit together and work well. It took a little experimentation and a couple iterations to get it right, and get it into a package that packs well for ski trips. The end result works really well.
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
Here's my boot dryer:





It's basically the guts from a $5 fan installed in a small Rubbermaid container. I use 3/4" PVC fittings on the top to attach a variety of doodads. I have some short PVC tubes with holes drilled for drying gloves. Sections of flexible plastic washing machine drain hose are used for drying boots. I can dry 6 items at a time. All of the doodads stow inside the Rubbermaid container for transport or when not in use.

The PVC fittings are 3/4" male threaded and screw into 1" holes drilled in the container. The same fittings screw into the ends of the drain tubing. It's basically a collection of cheap parts that happen to fit together and work well. It took a little experimentation and a couple iterations to get it right, and get it into a package that packs well for ski trips. The end result works really well.
Thats awesome! Not very portable but awesome nonetheless.
post #21 of 21
From TGR:





Two great options.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion