or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tahoe Area Feb 19 - 25

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hello Everybody,

I am used to gathering up folks for long mtb rides in my area, and I will be in Tahoe soon.

Just a post to let everyone know that our group of three will have two intermediate skiers who don't minde to ski blacks and one lower level advanced skier. We will be skiing every day the conditions allow us to in this time frame. As we are staying in Heavenly we will be hitting up Heavenly and Kirkwood for the most part with a few side trips to the north side.

It's always fun to ski with groups so I thought I would post up. We normally meet either meet up on the Nevada side or at the bottom of Gun Barrell at Heavenly.

One quick question. What is the best deal for our lift passes? Buying them online or getting the slightly discounted tickets at some of the ski shops in South lake?

Peace.
post #2 of 21
I might be up this Monday the 19th at Kirkwood. I probably will avoid the holiday crowd at Heavenly.

Best lift ticket deal at Kirkwood is to have a friend with a pass, then weekday lift ticket is $45 (one per value pass holder, two per full pass holder). Next best deal is Costco where it's just over $100 for a two-pack. If you're doing 2 consecutive days I think the best deal is $99 two day pass which you can get at the resort.

Heavenly it's a bit harder to find discounts. Albertson's grocery stores have slightly discounted tickets. You can often get big deals with lodging. I have a pass so I'm not as up on it.

I'm an intermediate skier who hits blue and black runs. If we're both at Kirkwood on Monday it'd be fun to connect. PM me a cell phone number?

-Adam
post #3 of 21
Today was nice a Kirkwood. Lines were hardly noticealbe, conditions were very good all over the mountain. Clearly, many of the steep chutes and cliffs still aren't filled in.
post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abertsch View Post
I might be up this Monday the 19th at Kirkwood. I probably will avoid the holiday crowd at Heavenly.

Best lift ticket deal at Kirkwood is to have a friend with a pass, then weekday lift ticket is $45 (one per value pass holder, two per full pass holder). Next best deal is Costco where it's just over $100 for a two-pack. If you're doing 2 consecutive days I think the best deal is $99 two day pass which you can get at the resort.

Heavenly it's a bit harder to find discounts. Albertson's grocery stores have slightly discounted tickets. You can often get big deals with lodging. I have a pass so I'm not as up on it.

I'm an intermediate skier who hits blue and black runs. If we're both at Kirkwood on Monday it'd be fun to connect. PM me a cell phone number?

-Adam
Adam,

I think we are going to hit up Kirkwood tomorrow. Do you have a pass?

If not, there is a local dealer in SLT that has some discounts.

What time are you headed out there?
post #5 of 21
i'll be skiing North Lake side the 24th and 25th with my cousin. Prolly Northstar/Squaw (where I have some discount tix) or Alpine and Sugarbowl.

too bad that you're at KW. I have about 10 $42 tix for KW that I need to unload (and 10 for Sierra/Heavenly, as well).

post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extrmtao1 View Post
Adam,

I think we are going to hit up Kirkwood tomorrow. Do you have a pass?

If not, there is a local dealer in SLT that has some discounts.

What time are you headed out there?

Yeah I have a pass. Not sure if the $45 deal will be good with the holiday. We can try it though. I will try to be up there before 9am first lift. I'll PM my cell number.

-Adam
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Thanks for coming out today.

Here are some of the "scenery" pictures from today.





post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extrmtao1 View Post
Thanks for coming out today.

Fun times were had. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it back up. The shoulder will be immobilized for 1.5 weeks having sprained several bits I can't pronounce. Should be back out this season though. Have drugs and a sling, lucky me. Small chance of rotator cuff damage, but won't be able to tell until the other parts have healed. Hopefully that won't come to pass.

Rip up the slopes for me!

-Adam
post #9 of 21
Bummer on the shoulder.

Was that a result of hucking off the "cornice" of that last picture and landing on that rock hidden in the shade?
post #10 of 21
Nope. It was a groomer yard sale fall.
post #11 of 21
Hey Aber, sorry to hear about your arm and shoulder remember ice.

Extr, I like the spirit and have been hoping to see some epic folks at Kirkwood. I'll be driving in on Friday 2/23 and skiing Saturday, Sunday, Monday all at Kirkwood. Let's meet up! I'll have wireless so you can pm me now or then.
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova2 View Post
Hey Aber, sorry to hear about your arm and shoulder remember ice.

Extr, I like the spirit and have been hoping to see some epic folks at Kirkwood. I'll be driving in on Friday 2/23 and skiing Saturday, Sunday, Monday all at Kirkwood. Let's meet up! I'll have wireless so you can pm me now or then.

Nova, We should be hitting wood up on Saturday as well. I will confirm tomorrow.

Should be a great weekend as there was some awesome snow at Heavenly today.

Peace.
post #13 of 21
Heavenly musta fit its name today. We'll be staying in the lodging that looks out over the skating rink and chair 5/6. We have wifi there so I can check this post and maybe meet up on Saturday.

I cannot wait to get up to Kirkwood, I hope they open up 88 through the spur before we get there.
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Nova,

Today was "epic" for sure at Heavenly. I have never seen this good of snow in California. It was even still light and fluffy tonight at lake level.

We are definitely headed to Wood in the morning. As we are all in the room chillin now I can imagine that we will get there before 9.

I can check the forum again in the morning. We can either exchange Celly's or just plan on meeting somewhere on the hill at 9:30 - 10. Your call. Just let me know and I will check this in the morning.

Peace.
post #15 of 21
Ext, let's definitely meet up Saturday am, I left you my contact info via pm.

We got in late to Kirkwood and it looks stunning, its gnarly to see some snow pack coming off the spur.

We will have some fun tomorrow.
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova2 View Post
Ext, let's definitely meet up Saturday am, I left you my contact info via pm.

We got in late to Kirkwood and it looks stunning, its gnarly to see some snow pack coming off the spur.

We will have some fun tomorrow.

I got your number stored. I will give you a buzz once we are parked.

See ya in a bit.
post #17 of 21
Heavenly is no good. No snow and limited terrain, even when its good. Nothing here, please move along.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
Heavenly is no good. No snow and limited terrain, even when its good. Nothing here, please move along.
Yes. Please don't go there, you'll definitely hate it. But, not to worry, I will bear the cross and continue to ski there. It will be intense suffering as I ride the super fast lifts and ski empty glades. But for you, I'm willing to do this.

Although for variety I'll probably have to show up at Kirkwood from time to time as well.

-Adam
post #19 of 21
Ext,

I hope you guys made it to K'wood, it was some righteous skiing. The am was definitely better than the pm, which might have something to do with fresh legs.

Are you guys coming out to the 'wood Sunday?

I will.

Cheers
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Nova,

Sorry about today, it was one fiasco after another trying to get to da wood. However we were on the lifts by 10:30 and our legs were cooked around 2:30 from non-stop. Well the other 6 days on top of that didn't help. Ok we are weak :

No seriously, I am sorry we didn't get the chance to meet and ski. However, I am glad we both had a great day on the slopes. We will not be sloping tomorrow as we are headed to Reno for our last night. It bring's a bit of a tear in my beer to think that we won't ski again until next season but that is the life of a southerner.

Have a great day tomorrow and rip it up for us.

I look forward to meeting more Bear's next season.

P.S. Adam, heal up quick dude. Once I have a chance I will throw a passion post out from our trip.

Peace!
post #21 of 21
Hey Ext,

Sorry we weren't able to make the connect yesterday, I did try to call you a few times but I think your didn't have service, I kept getting your voicemail. I was hoping you could find me with my orange jacket and blue giro, there aren't too many orange jackets riding nowadays.

Yesterday was fun, we had some fun runs off the saddle, 2 man had some fresh to be found.

Today is windy, we got 12" last night and they are expecting another 12 today. It looks like 6 will open if luck is on our side.

Peace dude, if you ever want to ride Santa Cruz, bring your bike and give me a call.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home