EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › General Sports › So That Everyone's On Record
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So That Everyone's On Record

Poll Results: Who will win Sunday?

 
  • 33% (9)
    Colts in a close game.
  • 33% (9)
    Bears in a close game.
  • 25% (7)
    Colts in a blow out.
  • 7% (2)
    Bears in a blow out.
27 Total Votes  
post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Whether you plan to ski or watch football Sunday, let's all get on record here. Who do you think will win, Bears or Colts?
post #2 of 28
Actually, I wasn't sure who was even playing in the SB until I read your post. It has no more relevance to me than World Federation Wrestling. They just start over again next year. The whole fan mentality of attaching yourself to one side and calling it "my team" has always perplexed me. They don't care about you except for your money, why should you care about them? Call me a cynic, but other than being a subject complete strangers can have a passionate conversation about, I don't see much use for professional sports.

Obviously, I'll be skiing, and I encourage all of you to watch and participate in all the pre-game hoopla. If you make an entire day of it there won't be any lift lines.
post #3 of 28
I'll be skiing for sure.

I can't take part in the pole because it's flawed...There's no option for "don't give a rip".
post #4 of 28
I went with Da Bears (in a close game) solely because God Only Knows how many Peyton Manning commercials we'd be subjected to if the guy gets a Super Bowl ring.

But, there are really only two outcomes I honestly care about during each NFL season:
  • Watching the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Super Bowl
  • Watching the New England Patsies lose in the playoffs, hopefully in humiliating fashion.
Objective#1 didn't occur this season, but blessedly, objective#2 did, so no matter what happens on Sunday, I'm happy. Blowing a 21-3 lead! I'm gonna enjoy this one for a long, long time.
post #5 of 28
I am skiing on Sunday and honeslty dont give a squat as to who wins.. Just dont want to see more Peyton Mannning commericalls..

Kevin I share you general hatred for the Pats as wel..
post #6 of 28

game, schmame. wake me at halftime.

what's prince gonna play.

and the colts do it for barbaro. by a dozen lengths
post #7 of 28
Colts.

I don't have enough confidence in either Poll choice to pick Blow Out or Close. I just think Chicago's "Cinderella Season" is about to turn into a pumpkin.

I think Peyton is *great* in those commercials. "Rub some dirt on it!"

- KK
post #8 of 28
Colts should win, fairly easily so long as they don't turn the ball over.

Peyton is an interesting guy - he does seem to have that nervous flaw in his makeup which should make for some drama to watch. Grossman on the other side is just really unpredictable - I have less confidence in him - seems streaky hot and cold.
post #9 of 28
BTW, to everyone who believes that the Bears have absolutely no chance. Whenever games like these come around, I remember the 1987 Fiesta Bowl. Penn State vs. Miami. Miami's QB was a guy named Vinny Testevarde. Heismann Trophy winner, had a long NFL career, etc. PSU's QB was a guy named John Schaeffer who got laughed out of every NFL training camp he attended.

During the game, Vinny throw 5 interceptions and Miami had two fumbles. Schaeffer threw nine passes, completing four in the epitome of a "we will do nothing stupid" game plan. Vinny eventually turned the ball over deep in his territory, enabling PSU to get the go-ahead score. Final score: PSU 14, Miami 10.

Don't ever underestimate what conserative offenses and killer defenses are capable of doing -- keep the game close and just wait for the other schmuck to mess up. Quarterbacks. Heh. Passing. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things.
post #10 of 28
I don't think a blow out is in the making for a couple of reasons. First, the Bear's offense isn't consistent enough to blow anyone out, and secondly, their defense is strong enough to give any offense a tough time.

I think it will be a game of field position with the stage set for Adam Vinatieri to repeat as Super Bowl hero.
post #11 of 28
mudfoot, you can't tell me you ever have liftlines near Durango...

I'll watch the game. Football is the only sport I really enjoy watching on TV. I think the Colts win it going away. The Bears defense overachieved last week (I admit that they surprised me in beating New Orleans, I didn't think there was any way). But, Payton is a very smart guy, and I think he'll find a way to take it to their secondary, especially with the run mixed in enough.

Good game, I think. But, Colts win.
post #12 of 28
Flawed. You left out "couldn't care less"
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Flawed. You left out "couldn't care less"
Not flawed. The poll does not say "Who do you want to win?" The poll says "who do you think will win." You don't have to care to have an opinion as to who might win.

The only flaw was that it was already posted yesterday -- sorry for the repeat. I did not see it cause I posted it in the wrong place....
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
But, there are really only two outcomes I honestly care about during each NFL season:
  • Watching the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Super Bowl
  • Watching the New England Patsies lose in the playoffs, hopefully in humiliating fashion.
Objective#1 didn't occur this season, but blessedly, objective#2 did, so no matter what happens on Sunday, I'm happy. Blowing a 21-3 lead! I'm gonna enjoy this one for a long, long time.
Does that make up for all three Super Bowls?

If it doesn't . . . you got some more wait time
If it does . . . you are WAY too easy :-)
post #15 of 28
it's cool that one can not give a heck about the game yet give a heck enough to post to that effect. byooty.
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
what's prince gonna play.

and the colts do it for barbaro. by a dozen lengths
Other than the commercials, that's the reason I'm Tivo'ing the game.
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by memosteve View Post
Other than the commercials, that's the reason I'm Tivo'ing the game.
You mean you're tivo'ing the game so that you can safely fast-forward through the game action and watch just the commercials? :

I do remember a couple games (49ers / Broncos, Bears / Pats, both Cowboys / Bills games) where I was mad the commercials were getting interrupted by the game. If Tivo existed then, I would have been fast-forwarding through the game to watch the commercials.
post #18 of 28
All I wanna know is, what time's the game so I make sure I take advantage of empty slopes. Actually, had thought the SB was last weekend and done with. Didn't know who was playing until you posted. Super Bowl Sunday = Good skiing.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post
All I wanna know is, what time's the game so I make sure I take advantage of empty slopes. Actually, had thought the SB was last weekend and done with. Didn't know who was playing until you posted. Super Bowl Sunday = Good skiing.
That's my thinking exactly.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post
All I wanna know is, what time's the game so I make sure I take advantage of empty slopes. Actually, had thought the SB was last weekend and done with. Didn't know who was playing until you posted. Super Bowl Sunday = Good skiing.
Kickoff is traditionally around 6:30 PM or so (eastern time) on Sunday. The pre-game shows start around noon-time or so. Anybody who is making a full-day affair of it won't be on the slopes, but anybody who is just interested in watching the game itself can easily ski all day before having to return home.
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
I went with Da Bears (in a close game) solely because God Only Knows how many Peyton Manning commercials we'd be subjected to if the guy gets a Super Bowl ring.

But, there are really only two outcomes I honestly care about during each NFL season:
  • Watching the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Super Bowl
  • Watching the New England Patsies lose in the playoffs, hopefully in humiliating fashion.
Objective#1 didn't occur this season, but blessedly, objective#2 did, so no matter what happens on Sunday, I'm happy. Blowing a 21-3 lead! I'm gonna enjoy this one for a long, long time.
Kevin, I'll never ever seek to revoke your citizenship in Steelers Nation again. What could I have been thinking? This is spoken like a true Steelers fanatic. Now just add Cowboys, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Raiders (although that rivalry is dead because the Raiders suck so bad) as teams you love to watch lose in any game and I'll nominate you for president.
post #22 of 28
yeah that AFC Championship game was really humiliating ... oh brother ....(you know your team has made the upper echelon when fans of teams not involved at all root against it
post #23 of 28
This poll is of course flawed, my answer is: All I care about is that the slopes will be relatively empty because of the game, in spite of the snow that is currently falling.
post #24 of 28
Been a month without snow, and for a change, I'll watch the game. For those of you in the East, it seems that the game comes on late enough that this shouldn't even be a question. I figure the Colts in a close one, but it could be going away.

Sure wish I owned a hi-def TV. My allowance for that is going to weddings and taxes this year.
post #25 of 28
So Ryan, once this game is over, do we get back to the Sox dominating again? I don't see anyone here to argue the point. Irul seems to have abdicated and refuses to debate, argue or disagree in the matter. :
post #26 of 28
The Buston Terrier is doing pretty well (on the Puppy Bowl). Jeez the half time entertainment sucked though (kittens!). I like the water dish cam. I think both teams are tiring in the 2nd half though.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
So Ryan, once this game is over, do we get back to the Sox dominating again? I don't see anyone here to argue the point. Irul seems to have abdicated and refuses to debate, argue or disagree in the matter. :
Ryan made some comment in another thread about a possible changing of allegance to the lowest of the low, the Dodgers......stay tuned.
post #28 of 28

you CAN go home again, mr. wolfe

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › General Sports › So That Everyone's On Record