New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TC needs another ski

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Go figure that I'd be looking for another ski:

My current quiver is:
Nordica Nitrous 170cm
Volkl Karma 169 cm
K2 Burnin Luv 168 cm(for sale)
The Ski 162?

I'm looking to add a carver/race ski. I've tried thee Nordica Speed machine 16 170 cm, and the volklRace Tiger IPT binding. Between the two, I liked the race tiger better because it had a bit more pop coming out of the corner. Another ski that has been suggested was the Elan Speed Wave, or the Speed Magic

I do tend to be the girl who skis long and has muscular legs.
5'6" 130 ish pounds.

Bring it on!
post #2 of 22
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Okay Comprex..........I'll bite!
Tell me more. What is it about these skis that I will love?
Have you had an opportunity to try them?

Whats the flavor of the day? Give me a scoop!
post #4 of 22
#1 go anywhere ski anything including closed ski areas. Different than anything else you have.
Nope, still on Rainiers but want (much) fatter.
Cardamom ginger
#2 sweet reliable edge including on coral reef, not as dead as Rossi.
Yep, they're on the shopping list
Cherry liqueur
#3 hilariously fast bases, damper than the RT, 'pop' still there but a more controlled release
Yep, but you know I want one of everything.
Kahlua and coffee
#4 Never tried them, but I like the colors.
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
The nitrous is 123-78-108. The karhu you showed me is 109-78-95
Its definitely not the same as the nitrous but it will follow along the lines of the nitrous in the filling of my quiver.
Although I love the idea of this ski, the ski I'm looking for is more like mid 60's in the waist.

Like the others you pointed out

Karhu? hmmmm something to think about. Thanks!
post #6 of 22
Are you looking for a ski wit some metal in it?


Did you consider the i.Supershape or I.XRC 1200 / 800?
post #7 of 22
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
The nitrous is 123-78-108. The karhu you showed me is 109-78-95
Its definitely not the same as the nitrous but it will follow along the lines of the nitrous in the filling of my quiver.
Not at all. Your nitrous can't climb uphill.
post #9 of 22
You are looking for a NASTAR ski, right? The Speedwave is too turny for that. Are you joining one of the race leagues or just showing up for some NASTAR runs?
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
You are looking for a NASTAR ski, right? The Speedwave is too turny for that. Are you joining one of the race leagues or just showing up for some NASTAR runs?
A league? We are talking about a blonde who has the attention span of a 3 year old?: She will be doing the occasional Nastar race.


(Taking liberties while I am stuck at work and TC is off skiing, this should fix her)

Who has my old Stealths? THAT should be something different for her.
post #11 of 22
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
You are looking for a NASTAR ski, right? The Speedwave is too turny for that. Are you joining one of the race leagues or just showing up for some NASTAR runs?
Right now just running a few NASTAR races, not on a league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
A league? We are talking about a blonde who has the attention span of a 3 year old?: She will be doing the occasional Nastar race.


(Taking liberties while I am stuck at work and TC is off skiing, this should fix her)

Who has my old Stealths? THAT should be something different for her.
Just so you know, I've been asked to be on TWO leagues

Of course I can't because I play volleyball and still do stuff in the motorcycle club.............okay so I do have a lot of interests and maybe my attention span is..........what was I saying?

Now that looks like a sweet ski!

Thanks for taking me seriously.........Now if only my buddy Phil took me seriously.
I'll definitely put that on my demo list.
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Right now just running a few NASTAR races, not on a league.
I knew you'd be hooked!!

Quote:
Just so you know, I've been asked to be on TWO leagues
Glad to know I'm not the only one you turned down.
post #14 of 22
Use some of Phil's eBay steeze and look for a 168 Volkl Superspeed. That would be good too. The Head would be nice because the plate would allow you to adjust toe height if you want to.
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by volklgirl View Post
I knew you'd be hooked!!


Glad to know I'm not the only one you turned down.
Yea, and I'm not that good. Why on earth would anyone want me on their team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
Use some of Phil's eBay steeze and look for a 168 Volkl Superspeed. That would be good too. The Head would be nice because the plate would allow you to adjust toe height if you want to.
Use Phil? Yea, he's been begging me, but so far I've been able to resist

As for Ebay, I have a few options in my watch list and also a request for some information from our very own Sierra Jim.
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Use Phil? Yea, he's been begging me, but so far I've been able to resist
Use me, abuse me, make me ski groomers. Whatever it takes.
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
I forgot to update

I got the Volkl Racetiger RC's 168. LOVE THEM!
I will admit that I like the nitrous when it gets a bit cruddy but the race tiger is a great ski for its purpose.

I don't think this ski will be making the trip to BumpPhest. But rest assured, I'll be abusing Phil, since he's asking for it!
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
I got the Volkl Racetiger RC's 168. LOVE THEM!
I thought I should add.............Thank you Sierra Jim, You were helpful in my choice and great to deal with on the purchase!

The Snoop Daddy's I bought with the Race Tigers have been absconded by my husband who's eyes got as big as silver dollars when he saw them.

I could be upset about the loss of the SD in my quiver but that just gives me a reason to look for another ski
post #19 of 22
212 Volkl GS race skis from the early 90's. Since you're pretty lightweight, you may also want to consider a 208.
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
I dunno, Jer, A couple of SkiDivas have me thinking I want something Fat, since I have my skinny, midfat's covered..........I'll keep my eye open

I could just mount up my husband's old Fischer Race skis 210 Cm. Heck I may just do that!
post #21 of 22
You two need a tandem setup.
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
I dunno, Jer, A couple of SkiDivas have me thinking I want something Fat, since I have my skinny, midfat's covered..........I'll keep my eye open

I could just mount up my husband's old Fischer Race skis 210 Cm. Heck I may just do that!
176 Volkl Gotamas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion