or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Smoking on the Lift - Slow and Painful or Quick and Painless Death?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoking on the Lift - Slow and Painful or Quick and Painless Death? - Page 5

post #121 of 141
Don't ever paint anything.
post #122 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Oh, you'll be back.

I wonder why this thread is allowed to go on while other threads are deleted? I mean, we're all adults here right? Kinda weak...

Oh well,like I said on the other thread - I would never smoke pot when skiing. Shooting heroin, now that's a different story!!
Despite the subject it has been a pretty civil conversation.


There might be some entertainment value in watching you try that. Maybe herion is what that guy was doing when he had a snowmobile tow him into that ramp at 60 mph or so last year. I saw the video on the X Games. I think it was Tanner Hall. Who knows all he may have needed was a toke or two. I wonder if he understands how close he came to becoming worm dirt. Either way that was insane.
post #123 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBV13 View Post
I'm sorry man but I dont live in a pretend world where I think I can break the law and not be responsible for the social problems that my behavior is causing. 1.I really hope the dark side of your world never catches up with you. I live in the real world where I'm married and have kids along with a home a couple of dogs and plenty of bills to pay. I'm very comfortable with my life and all of my real responsibilities. 2. I dont know what your life is like but from your post I assume you dont have the same lifestyle I have and really live in a different world than I do. If I'm correct you have no buisness giving me advise on how I should bring up my children. It would be kind of like taking golf lessons from a football player.

For your information I dont seperate people into groups of good and bad. It's more like enlightened and ignorant.

If I were to go to a place where pot is legal I would avoid people who are smoking it just like I do here.

I'm really more of a libertarian so I really dont think the drug war is ever going to solve the drug problem in this country. But as long as pot is illegal organized criminals are going to be involved and you cant seperate the money organized criminals make into bad dope money for cocaine,herion ect... or good dope money for pot. These people dont care and people are getting killed or hurt over dope money every day. If you dont mind being involved in this thats ok but there is a dark side to what your doing and real social problems caused by illegal drug use.

At this point I've said all I have to say about this subject. I wish you well.
1. "The dark side of my world", "the real world". Please. You continually up the drama queen hysteria. It's funny at first, but ultimately tiresome.

2. I live a lifestyle that is very similar to yours, I'm sure...except that I don't react out of fear of the unknown, I try not to make judgements about things I know nothing about, I know that the world is made up of more than just "the ignorant" and "the enlightened", and I don't think having kids gives me any kind of moral high ground.
Since you're "taking golf lessons from a golfer" let me ask you: ever notice how children turn out to be exactly like their parents? You know, the way a judge's or police officer's kids always turn out to be totally law-abiding and morally upright.
I haven't noticed that either.
post #124 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid4lyf View Post
"Sewer-like odor"?
What's the big mystery?
Hillary speaks there often, right?
Does this mean you admire Mr Quayle given your location in Hoosierville and whats with the cheapshot at NYCJIM about there Hoosier cant you handle him giving his opinion on cigarettes and their smokers? And what is that pseudoscience you talked about dont you know that 2d hand smoke is definitely as carcinogenic as 1st hand smoke and it doesnt matter what the Tobacco Institute might have told you I suggest you go rent Thank You For Smoking and have a laugh about the coffin nails you drive into your lungs.
post #125 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBV13 View Post
I'm sorry man but I dont live in a pretend world where I think I can break the law and not be responsible for the social problems that my behavior is causing. I really hope the dark side of your world never catches up with you. I live in the real world where I'm married and have kids along with a home a couple of dogs and plenty of bills to pay. I'm very comfortable with my life and all of my real responsibilities. I dont know what your life is like but from your post I assume you dont have the same lifestyle I have and really live in a different world than I do. If I'm correct you have no buisness giving me advise on how I should bring up my children. It would be kind of like taking golf lessons from a football player.
So what youre saying is that you cant tell your kids that you think its bad for them to smoke pot and instead you need to tell every pot smoker in the world that he needs to stop smoking pot because it affects your kids in some bad way?
post #126 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshackle View Post
Does this mean you admire Mr Quayle given your location in Hoosierville and whats with the cheapshot at NYCJIM about there Hoosier cant you handle him giving his opinion on cigarettes and their smokers? And what is that pseudoscience you talked about dont you know that 2d hand smoke is definitely as carcinogenic as 1st hand smoke and it doesnt matter what the Tobacco Institute might have told you I suggest you go rent Thank You For Smoking and have a laugh about the coffin nails you drive into your lungs.
First off, I'm not aware of any cheapshot I gave to NYCJIM.
Frankly, I wouldn't know how to cheapshot him since I don't know anything about him.
My opinions about Hillary have nothing to do with Dan Quayle, Robert DeNiro, or Mrs Wiedy (my 5th grade teacher).
You, on the other hand, apparently know a lot about me; going after two totally different posts of mine at one time?
Stalking me, Ram-Boy?
Ram-buddy, listening, or in this case reading, seems to be a lost art. You might want to brush up on it.
Reread my post. It explains whatever questions you might have about my reasoning.
BTW, read the back of the DVD you're refering to. See the word "documentary" anywhere?
Didn't think so.
post #127 of 141
Wow you are a really wound up person I hope you can get over that soon and relax and see that you are bound for the section of the afterlife reserved for stressaholic heart attack and stroke victims because with that attitude you just showed in your reply to me you have some serious anxiety and anger issues which means youre probably redfaced right now as you read this and man you gotta know thats not a healthy thing you probably look like Jim Cramer Mad Money Man and hey by the way I never said I knew anything about you but you sure seem willing to say a lot about NYCJIM and his supposed love of Hillary Clinton and about me and my supposed stalking what the heck is that man you are a headcase you know that buddy?
post #128 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshackle View Post
Wow you are a really wound up person I hope you can get over that soon and relax and see that you are bound for the section of the afterlife reserved for stressaholic heart attack and stroke victims because with that attitude you just showed in your reply to me you have some serious anxiety and anger issues which means youre probably redfaced right now as you read this and man you gotta know thats not a healthy thing you probably look like Jim Cramer Mad Money Man and hey by the way I never said I knew anything about you but you sure seem willing to say a lot about NYCJIM and his supposed love of Hillary Clinton and about me and my supposed stalking what the heck is that man you are a headcase you know that buddy?
Dude, what the f**k are you talking about?
Wound up?
Seriously, I was laughing as I typed that. (BTW, I'm even more amused, now)
I didn't realize that NYCJIM loved Hillary.
If that's true; Sorry JIM, I don't.
I don't know where I posted that he did.
I don't know where I posted anything about NYCJIM.
Perhaps you can help me there.
Honestly Ram, do you really even read the posts you reply to?
Put the pipe away and step back from the keyboard, bud.

Seriously
post #129 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBV13 View Post
Not to mention that people who spend money on dope are supporting their local street gang and are responsible for neighborhoods being terrorized and drive by shootings over gang land turff.
Sorry for the rant but I had to deal with this last week and it really pisses me off.
Bogus statement.
post #130 of 141
OK, OK! ENOUGH! Everyone just calm down and get back to the discussion about murdering people because they smoke.
post #131 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheelin View Post
Man alive - the general population seems to be packed full of overly sensitive creatures, or are people are THAT bored with their lives they need to attack something so minuscule!

Mind not driving your car through my clean air!
Mind not smacking yer gum in my quiet air!
Mind not yammering away on yer cell phone in my quiet air?

I do not smoke, but I do not kid myself about the effects of a little smoke, ESPECIALLY when I am on a chair lift that spews a plume of smoke because it runs on fossil fuels (diesel or gas).

You going to complain and ask them to stop smoking as well?
Of course not, because that is acceptable to you.
Last time I checked second hand smoke is deadly... chewing gum is not.
post #132 of 141
sure its dispirsed, but its still smells nasty and is gross.
post #133 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid4lyf View Post
Dude, what the f**k are you talking about?
Wound up?
Seriously, I was laughing as I typed that. (BTW, I'm even more amused, now)
I didn't realize that NYCJIM loved Hillary.
If that's true; Sorry JIM, I don't.
I don't know where I posted that he did.
I don't know where I posted anything about NYCJIM.
Perhaps you can help me there.
Honestly Ram, do you really even read the posts you reply to?
Put the pipe away and step back from the keyboard, bud.

Seriously
Man you gotta be kidding you accused NYCJIM of admiring Hillary Clinton and you said I was stalking you and what your saying above doesnt even make sense since its a fat lie and I guess you know your lying thats why your trying to run away from the lying by saying your now laughing at your own lying like I said your a weird stressjunkie man and I hope you find some way to settle down and stop your lying about all this stuff that seems like it really bugs you a lot even enough to make up nonsense about others and then lie about the things you made up so I dont know what they call that out there in Hoosierville but where I am they call it pretty wacko dude.
post #134 of 141
FYI

In Austria it is forbidden to smoke while riding any lift.

However, this rule is widely abused.
post #135 of 141
If somebody lights up while I'm sat on the chair lift I just start coughing. Hopefully I'm near enough the smoker so that I can cough all over them. This normally gets them to stop smoking although most throw the stub quickly into the snow :
post #136 of 141
How could I miss this thread up to now?

I always make sure I light the fattest cigar I can get hold of in the tram riding up or on the cat track during the last run down of the day. It just makes me sharp having folks skiing after me passing out on lacking oxygene.
post #137 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshackle View Post
Man you gotta be kidding you accused NYCJIM of admiring Hillary Clinton
Listen a$$hat, this is getting stupid.
Show me the post where I said one single thing about NYCJIM having any opinion about Hillary.
I'm guessing you have all my posts listed alphanuemerically, by date, and by degree of importance. Do a search.
I was kidding earlier but now I mean it; do you even read the posts you reply to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramshackle View Post
and you said I was stalking you and what your saying above doesnt even make sense since its a fat lie and I guess you know your lying thats why your trying to run away from the lying by saying your now laughing at your own lying like I said your a weird stressjunkie man and I hope you find some way to settle down and stop your lying about all this stuff that seems like it really bugs you a lot even enough to make up nonsense about others and then lie about the things you made up so I dont know what they call that out there in Hoosierville but where I am they call it pretty wacko dude.
Wow, 132 words without a period, comma, or any punctuation at all. Little worked up?
Honestly tool, did you even take a breath while typing that?
Got e-drama?
Real life. It's pretty cool, try it some time.
It puts stupid little internet conversations in perspective.
Bye.
post #138 of 141
Meanwhile,back at the carcinogens. Those of you who believe that you`re going to "catch cancer" from that smoker on the chair in front of you had better avoid all of those wood burning fireplaces. That`s right,wood smoke is even more carcinogenic than cigarette smoke.
post #139 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by August West View Post
Meanwhile,back at the carcinogens. Those of you who believe that you`re going to "catch cancer" from that smoker on the chair in front of you had better avoid all of those wood burning fireplaces. That`s right,wood smoke is even more carcinogenic than cigarette smoke.
Yes, but we are not exposed to wood smoke in restruants, or evryday, it also is not emmitted at face level in most cases.
post #140 of 141
Got the Tshirt ?

post #141 of 141
I`m with you on that skistarr. I was just trying to make a point in regards to the whine about someone smoking on the chair in front of them,for goodness sakes. The wood smoke emanating from those condos in the valley is just as deadly as the tobacco smoke. Actually,I`m just being a smart ass.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Smoking on the Lift - Slow and Painful or Quick and Painless Death?