HS, I'd like to second the suggestion that you hold a Western version of your clinic. Do it at Snowbird. Sometime this winter.
I'd gladly make the drive down there to attend.
I've done some rough calculations on what I'd be willing to pay if you could teach me some of the following:
- How to have fun on skis - I don't have enough of that right now. +$10.
- Skiing in Jeans - Well, maybe not.
- Skiing fat skis on the east coast, and why - Maybe as an alternative you could teach me how to ski narrow skis in the West, and why. +$15 if you could do it.
- Actually carving - I'm always up for learning to do that better. +$25.
- How not to gape - I might be unteachable there but I'd happily throw in another $50 if you could show me how.
- How to spot real steeze vs. fake steeze - THAT would be invaluable as I have no idea how to spot ANY steeze. Would I slip on steeze if there were some lying on the sidewalk?
- Ripping - I'm up for that. +$25.
- Jumping - What's your standing vertical leap?
- Skiing fast - I'm up for that but I already ski kinda fast , so no $$$ there.
- Skiing in traffic - I usually try to avoid that - please deduct $10 if we have to ski in traffic.
- Skiing fast in traffic - See above... please deduct another $25.
- Bragging - Ahhh, a chance to sit at the foot of the Master - dollar amount to be based on results.
- Finding powder - I've never been very good at that... I only seem to be able to find crud. +$25.
- Finding "technical skiing" - Does that require a manual? I'm really lousy at reading the manual.
- Internet callouts - I'm sort of non-confrontational by nature, please deduct $10
- "Adventure Skiing" - NOW we're talkin' - I'll add $35 back in.
- Drinking and skiing - I'm partial to Gatorade.
- Poaching - OOPS! - HUGE NO-NO! please deduct $100.
- Smelling like BO - I dunno, sounds like a poor strategy for meeting girls. I think I'll skip that part.
So, if I've done my math correctly, there's $50 in it for you if you'll put on this clinic at Snowbird one of these days. I'm be willing to bet that there's also one or two Utahans who would kick in a few bucks for the chance to benefit from all this wisdom. It could be lots of fun. Give it some thought.