New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My first new quiver

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I am just getting back into skiing after being off the slopes since i was 12, and just bought a full quiver.

New Nordica Supercharger Ignition boots (flex 85)- 320

New Salomon 1080 LAB CR Johnson Skis- 300

New Salomon S810 bindings- 110

What do you think?
post #2 of 17
Wanna send me some money?
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
that was my tax return for the next couple of years!!!
post #4 of 17
Lol. It looks like a great setup. Make sure your boots fit, then go get lessons and have a good time.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue06 View Post
I am just getting back into skiing after being off the slopes since i was 12, and just bought a full quiver.

New Nordica Supercharger Ignition boots (flex 85)- 320

New Salomon 1080 LAB CR Johnson Skis- 300

New Salomon S810 bindings- 110

What do you think?
While I do sincerely congratulate you on your new gear, and even more so, on getting back on the slopes, I have to say my friend, that "quiver" is generally a term applied among skiers, to an arsenal of different skis, so named in comparison to an archer's quiver of arrows.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but rather, I want to broaden your horizons to the realm of infinate gear ownership expansion. Once you regain proficience by skiing the hell out of your new rig, feel empowered by the example of others in this venue, to amass a plethora of different skis to meet the requirements of ever different sub-catagory of snow.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post
While I do sincerely congratulate you on your new gear, and even more so, on getting back on the slopes, I have to say my friend, that "quiver" is generally a term applied among skiers, to an arsenal of different skis, so named in comparison to an archer's quiver of arrows.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but rather, I want to broaden your horizons to the realm of infinate gear ownership expansion. Once you regain proficience by skiing the hell out of your new rig, feel empowered by the example of others in this venue, to amass a plethora of different skis to meet the requirements of ever different sub-catagory of snow.
VA, that's quite articulate!

In laymans terms, a quiver without overlap is indeed a phenomenal quiver!
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
i have been on the slopes a couple of times since then, and i am still a great skiier, but i get your dirift on having more skis to have a "quiver"
post #8 of 17
What's the minimum number of skis before youcan call it a quiver?Do you have to use each pair a set # of times a year for them to qualify?I'm going to have to start taking of socks,so I can count higher.
post #9 of 17
a cursory search of the WWW yielded the following:

A quiver is first and foremost:
1.a case for holding or carrying arrows.

Next it is:
2.the arrows in such a case.

Try as I might, I was unable to find out exactly how many arrows need be present to be considered a quiver. But since the above definition uses arrow in plural, it would have to be at least 2.

post #10 of 17
At least three. (They need not get used to qualify)

SJ
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
ok so i dont have a quiver, what about my SKIS, BOOTS, AND BINDINGS
lol
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim View Post
At least three. (They need not get used to qualify)

SJ
...and to qualify as a quiver the skis must serve different purposes eg race, groomer, park, powder, BC/AT etc. The mere possession of a spare pair retired to rockhopper status would not qualify.
post #13 of 17
Regardless . Some cool new stuff has been purchased and mgoblue has seen fit to share the pride in ownership wth us.:
New gear is so fun . Have fun with it and share that with us also.
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim View Post
At least three. (They need not get used to qualify)

SJ
Hence the term "active quiver".
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
.. The mere possession of a spare pair retired to rockhopper status would not qualify.
: : :

Um, why no love for the rock skis? And if I have multiple all-mountains, or powderesque skis, which I use on a rotating whim, why not? Does each arrow have to differ in the type of tip for varying applications? NOT!
post #16 of 17
Umm.... 3 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots and all perfectly serviceable. But I don't consider it a quiver because 185 cm Salomon whatevers are rockhoppers that haven't seen snow in 2 years, 170cm AC3 (05/06) with 20 days on them were replaced as my everyday ski by 174cm Stormrider XL this year. The AC3 and Stormie XL cover the same territory. To me it wont be a quiver untill I add a ski that covers a different application eg a race dedicated ski or a back country dedicated ski.
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
are you saying my new skis are rockhoppers? they are brand new!! not 2 years old
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion