In case you cant see the pic:
So total damage is about $320 for the box. Everything was bought new (with exception the the window glass) for the project, including screws. A sizeable investment, but with the cost of wax and the time it would take to apply 10+ coats a few times a season coupled with the fact that I have to maintain 3 sets of skis, soon to be 4, I think it was well worth it. Last night I did a hot run (no pun intended) with my older skis, I ran the box at temps much higher than I have read I should, 150+F for 6hrs. After about 2hrs the wax was visibly fluid, but not running off of the sides. At any lower temps the wax was not being affected, this was clearly verified by the fact that I had small wax hairs that I could see through the window that were not melting until I raised it to the maximum. I woke up today, skis were well coated and I could see that the wax really got into the skis, evidence was at the occasional sliver of space space between the edge and the base, some of wax was pushed out along the edges, I am assuming as a result of contraction as the skis cooled down, so the wax really got in there. I might do some more tweaking to the design, maybe add another fan to help ditribute the heat better. I think that the heat is taking too long to get around the vast area within the box and its probably why the thermostat reads 150+ but the wax is barely melting, meaning that the lower portion of the box is taking much longer to get up to heat; the thermometer sensor is located above the skis. Sunday I will test out my prepped skis at Windam, if all goes good, in go the rest of the quiver.