or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Need Some Quiver Advice! (Long)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Some Quiver Advice! (Long)

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
So I had my 3 ski quiver all set for the year, until yesterday when I came home with another pair of Mojo 90's. Now I think I may have too much overlap, and have too many new skis (not a bad thing at all, just don't have any rock skis!). Which skis to sell? Which bindings to mount? Keep them all? I don't know! I think just writing it out will help, but I'd love some outside opinions too!

I currently own:

06' Rossignol Zenith Z9, 170 cm (126-74-105). Used with demo bindings.

06' Head Mojo 90, 166 cm (124-89-117). Used, with Tyrolia Mojo 15. (These are conditionally sold, probably with bindings included)

06' Head Mojo 90, 186 cm (124-89-117). Brand new in wrappers, unmounted.

06' 4FRNT VCT's, 182 cm (129-104-121). Brand new in wrappers, unmounted.

I also have Salomon S914's waiting in a box with ~95 mm brakes.


I'm happy with the Rossi's, they'll be used for carving when there's no pow, cruising with friends/family, doing my CSIA level 1, and the occasional run off-piste in between doing all of that. I don't really like they're feel off-piste so much, so for next year I am planning to sell them and get something more specialized to carving with less versatility.

I had planned to just use the short Mojo's as rock skis, and tree skiing when there was good snow but weather was really ugly. I definately can't justify holding onto them any longer, and should hopefully sell them this weekend since they're still in great shape.

Now I'm really not sure whether to keep both the 186 Mojo's and 4FRNT's. Keeping them both means shelling out more $$ to get another pair of bindings (probably Mojo 15's). I don't know if there will be many days deep enough here that I will prefer the wider 4FRNT's to the Mojo's. They are a slightly softer flexing, and being slightly shorter maybe they'll be better in the trees too. I'm sure I would have been happy with either one as my everyday ski, but given my experience with the Mojo's, and how I know they rail on groomers I'm pretty certain I should keep them.

I'm not sure if I can get everthing I paid back for the VCT's, and I'd still need some rock skis (Chubbs w/ bindings for $150 CAD, plus mounting cost). Say I lose $50 on the VCT's I'm down $225, but can save by putting the S914's on the Mojo's. I don't know if it makes sense to downgrade the VCT's to old Chubbs just for rocks, and only get back to 2-300 dollars.

I suppose the other option is to keep everything, mount up the S914's on the VCT's (after bending the brakes/getting wide brakes), and buying some Mojo 15's ($188 after tax for 06's, I guess it's a pretty good price, less than wholesale but more than proform) for the Mojo 90's. I'd then use the VCT's for the rest of the early season powder days (hoping to not find too many rocks), and wait on the Mojo 90's till coverage is a bit more certain.

My fellow quiver builders, what would you do in this situation?
post #2 of 3
Sell: 06' Head Mojo 90, 186 cm (124-89-117). Brand new in wrappers, unmounted.

Keep: 06' 4FRNT VCT's, 182 cm (129-104-121). Brand new in wrappers, unmounted.
post #3 of 3
Keep both, burn the short Mojos, and voila you have the bindings you need
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Need Some Quiver Advice! (Long)