New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Snow in Utah

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
We had a teaser start, with a few big storms then balmy weather. The high elevations are getting a good base, especially in the Cottonwoods. The last couple of days have snowed about 6 inches here in town at Park City and now it's snowing again, one of those quiet, steady snowfalls that started at dawn and has dropped two inches in two hours.

The Cottonwoods got 11" yesterday and are getting socked again...
post #2 of 22
word is Snowbird will open this week as will Brighton and The Canyons

Snowing in Kamas this morning - Uintas will hopefully be getting some
post #3 of 22
Hope you and Mrs C and the small one are skiing soon Mr C
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crab View Post
The last couple of days have snowed about 6 inches here in town at Park City and now it's snowing again, one of those quiet, steady snowfalls that started at dawn and has dropped two inches in two hours.
Pictures, PLEASE!!!
post #5 of 22
I hear that Alta is opening on Thursday. Didn't know the Canyons was opening.

Colorado has been receiving all the snow hype this year, but Utah of course is getting its usual amount of a lot of snow.

The snow is seems to be coming down pretty steady in the past few days and looks to keep coming.
post #6 of 22
pictures ? how about webcams:

http://www.alta.com/pages/mtncam.php
post #7 of 22
Any word from local as to how Utah is doing. Todays storm seemed to mostly be a fizzler. Hopefully, tonight's lives up to billing. I'm scheduled to be there on 12-7. Am getting slightly concerned as forecast looks a bit bleak for snow the next 10 days or so.
post #8 of 22
I think if you add up the predictions of the next day or so, you'll get something like 1-2 feet.

Says they have 31 or something at Collins Lift, with another foot or so to come
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Steve View Post
Any word from local as to how Utah is doing. Todays storm seemed to mostly be a fizzler. Hopefully, tonight's lives up to billing. I'm scheduled to be there on 12-7. Am getting slightly concerned as forecast looks a bit bleak for snow the next 10 days or so.
Got a quick few inches this morning, as was all that was expected. Real action is supposed to start tonight. NWS/NOAA has in fact uped their snow total predictions to 21" at Alta & 15" at Park City. Not sure what forecast you are looking at, as the GFS has storminess on the 13th, 14th, 17th, 22nd, 28th & 29th of the next 14 days. That's a pretty decent forecast, if you ask me.

http://ggweather.com/qpf/qpf_gfs_00z_loop.htm

Powdr
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasatchskier View Post
I hear that Alta is opening on Thursday. Didn't know the Canyons was opening.

Colorado has been receiving all the snow hype this year, but Utah of course is getting its usual amount of a lot of snow.

The snow is seems to be coming down pretty steady in the past few days and looks to keep coming.
Up-to-the-minute Utah updates from people in Georgia and Pennsylvania... oy.
post #11 of 22
I was poking around mid-mountain level in the PC area today and it was really boney even after this mornings' impulse. But, thanks to snowmaking, PCMR looks to open Friday with Payday and First Time chairs, but not with a ton of terrain and as noted, The Canyons is still looking at getting something up for the weekend.

Here's a good link to bookmark for a local Utah Ski weather resource, http://www.utahskiweather.com/discussions.php. They currently say, "In the longer term we will be moving into more of a ridging pattern, but there is the chance of a fast moving system this weekend which could bring some snow to the region late in the week."
post #12 of 22
I wouldn't exactly call mine up-to-the minute. I just read the resorts websites and there snow reports/weather forecasts. All of the info is right on the front page of their website.
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Pics! This a.m.- I forgot to bring in the hammock. Resorts kinda visible in background through the trees. We've a ways to go at PCMR, but should be up by Thanksgiving. Cottonwoods no worries...
525x525px-LL-vbattach978.jpg
post #14 of 22
Alta pick up 12inch today and it appears to still be snowing hard!!!!
post #15 of 22

Powder Mountain - Eden area

I talked with "Kent" this morning @ 10:00 EST, who was looking out of a window at the Powder Mtn offices. "Kent" told me they'd received about 18" the last couple of days. The snow was wet, and lot's of it ... perfect for building a base.

I want to go NOW!!!
post #16 of 22
OK, now I'm feeling a bit happier. I've been looking at the webcams for the past few weeks and feeling very, very depressed ... however, this news (and the comments yesterday of a girl who worked at PCMR last year about "the best snow you'll ever have") have cheered me up.

Get in!
post #17 of 22
Brighton is opening tomorrow at 9 AM. I'll be there. That is all.
post #18 of 22
Daaang! This makes me want to go home and at least click-in, right in the living room
post #19 of 22
Thanks for that picture Mr. Crab.
post #20 of 22
acoording to news report ( cant post website, got in trouble from the mods for last link) 11/14/06 there was a avalanch in BCC west of Solitude, completly buried one guy, rescue crews were able to find him, and revive him
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoetr View Post
acoording to news report ( cant post website, got in trouble from the mods for last link) 11/14/06 there was a avalanch in BCC west of Solitude, completly buried one guy, rescue crews were able to find him, and revive him
all three were Maggots. The person buried is alive and doing pretty well. The other two must have some decent beacon skills. the 'rescue crew" was that guys 2 touring partner's.

complete thread here http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=67422
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Steve View Post
Any word from local as to how Utah is doing. Todays storm seemed to mostly be a fizzler. Hopefully, tonight's lives up to billing. I'm scheduled to be there on 12-7. Am getting slightly concerned as forecast looks a bit bleak for snow the next 10 days or so.
How's this look now?!?!? Lucky to be you!

http://www.alta.com/pages/report.php
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...lon=-111.62125
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion