EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › WROD @ Mammoth Starting Tomorrow (11/9)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WROD @ Mammoth Starting Tomorrow (11/9)?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
sounds like the WROD will be in effect at Mammoth starting tomorrow (from the frontpage of their website):

Mammoth Opens Tomorrow! Kick off the season at 8:30am at Broadway Express. We have a 6 to 12 inch base of man-made snow on Broadway only. If temperatures cooperate for snowmaking we will try to open more trails through the weekend. Call 888.SNOW.RPT for the latest operation updates. Opening Celebration is Saturday, Nov. 11.
post #2 of 15
send some of that snow east would ya?
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
what snow?

check the webcams when they re-open at 6am PST:
http://www.mammothmountain.com/


also, Heavenly, which is slated to open 11/17 looks like this: http://skiheavenly.com/audio_visual/webcams/tram/

booga-booga!
post #4 of 15

point taken

point taken
post #5 of 15
So...anyone ski the great white ribbon at Mammoth today??:
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
not i.

and i'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to drive 5 hours on Saturday for one open run of manmade snow, as well.
post #7 of 15
had planned to head up sunday with miles.

"broadway only" changed those plans.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
what snow?

check the webcams when they re-open at 6am PST:
http://www.mammothmountain.com/


also, Heavenly, which is slated to open 11/17 looks like this: http://skiheavenly.com/audio_visual/webcams/tram/
Actually, both Mammy and the Heave appear to be making snow right now. Could be worse.
post #9 of 15
By the way, does WROD stand for "White Ribbon Of Death"?
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiedoc View Post
By the way, does WROD stand for "White Ribbon Of Death"?
Yes.
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
I think they're blowing snow at K'Wood, as well...
post #12 of 15
But unless the webcam lies, not at Alpine. Yet.
post #13 of 15
I skied the ribbon and it was alot of fun. We have a video of the day at the link below.

PS: Woolly you suck for cutting in on the first chair! :
post #14 of 15
Hey Snowman---how can I be in yer next video? Look for me--I'll be the guy wearing a parka and sunglasses at Wooly--you can't miss me!!:
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiedoc View Post
Hey Snowman---how can I be in yer next video? Look for me--I'll be the guy wearing a parka and sunglasses at Wooly--you can't miss me!!:
:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › WROD @ Mammoth Starting Tomorrow (11/9)?