or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Just take me out and shoot me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just take me out and shoot me

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I went to the Bozeman ski swap this year and did something I never thought I'd do, I bought a pair of Volants. I'm not sure I can face my ski buddies anymore even after I explain they're Chubbs at only $200 with Rossi demo bindings and only had a couple minor scratches on them that you really had to look to find. (I know the shop that was selling them & they said they hadn't been out 5 times.) I'm blaming VA for my downfall.
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
I went to the Bozeman ski swap this year and did something I never thought I'd do, I bought a pair of Volants. I'm not sure I can face my ski buddies anymore even after I explain they're Chubbs at only $200 with Rossi demo bindings and only had a couple minor scratches on them that you really had to look to find. (I know the shop that was selling them & they said they hadn't been out 5 times.) I'm blaming VA for my downfall.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:

I expect after you've skied them a bit, you'll be feeling quite the wise man. What vintage of Chubbs, what size?
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
The last Chubbs made in a 175cm length.....ideal length for the tighter, shorter runs at Bridger.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
The last Chubbs made in a 175cm length.....ideal length for the tighter, shorter runs at Bridger.
I'm assuming you mean the V2s. They are great skis, especially on a deep powder day (which Bridger can certainly muster periodically), but they are also very fun on spring corn. They run a bit longer than the published length, probably because of the little pseudo-twin tail. I'm sure you will be quite pleased. They are very easy to turn. :

Do the bindings have a moveable toe? If so you're really set, as you'll be able to toy with how far back the mount is. I have my V2s mounted at -2 from the center mark, I tried the factory mark and hated it, but YMMV.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
They are the V2 Chubbs with Rossi Axial demo bindings with the movable toe.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
They are the V2 Chubbs with Rossi Axial demo bindings with the movable toe.
Like new, and mounted, for $200 is a very good deal. They should complement your B3s nicely.
post #7 of 9
I not so much surpised that you bought them, I am more suprised that there were a pair of Volants in Montana that VA missed/didn't own!
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese View Post
I not so much surpised that you bought them, I am more suprised that there were a pair of Volants in Montana that VA missed/didn't own!
They're too small for me, I'm a friggin giant!
post #9 of 9

"Yeah your skis are fast, but can they stop a bullet?"

Rio:

I'm pretty sure that your friends will shut up once they see how smooth you cut up that Montana crud on the Chubbs. Steel is real!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Just take me out and shoot me