I had a pair of Dynafit foam years ago and they were great. You are so right about the boot fitter, I hope you tipped him well. So many great fitters quit because it is very hard work. Mine greased me with about a six back before we started. The whole process took about 4 hours. they were like slippers. I never changed buckle settings, same settings racing as sitting in the bar. I subdued to another pr. because of pressure from the ski shop I was working at, they did not sell Dynafit
Related Forum Threads
- Expand metatarsal buckle on Dalbello boss ID? Last post on 11/10/11 at 6:34am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best 2012 Boots? Last post on 11/7/11 at 5:31am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! Last post on Today at 6:30 am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Boot buying - do I need a custom fitting? Last post on 10/16/16 at 5:36am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Is off-piste skiing hard on knees? Last post on 10/4/16 at 8:47pm in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
Returning Your Liner Into The Boot How To
Last edited: 4/23/11
- Palau - Ski boot linersLast edited: 12/7/12
- How To Get Your Boots On And OffLast edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Foamed Ski Boots - (Conformable Liner) - Page 2post #31 of 3411/21/10 at 3:10ampost #32 of 3411/21/10 at 9:10am
I had a pair of Dachstein V4 foamed boots that I skied for years, I had them refoamed 2 times and finally the boot itself gave up. I was scared as crap looking for new boots when I heard the CFC thing and foaming with this 2 part foam was gone the way of the doe doe. I did manage to find a pair thast are prety good but not like the slipper/race feel of the V4. It was important to get a good tech to foam them ( Pete at "The ski shop" in collingwood did mine) LS still has her V3s and although hasnt used them in a couple years keeps talking about taking them out of retirement.
Now I ask CS are these the two part foam system that heats up and almost burns , crushes your feet as its setting up and you stand on a downhill skiing stance to have them foamed??????
If they are I want a pair I dont care how far I have to go to get it blown well or what it costs to wear a pair if they are the same sortta thing as my " Old Boot" ( now ya know , my name here came from looking at my V4s at the door ready to go to the trash, was with great sadness I parted ways with them!!post #33 of 3411/23/10 at 1:07pm
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!Quote:Now I ask CS are these the two part foam system that heats up and almost burns , crushes your feet as its setting up and you stand on a downhill skiing stance to have them foamed??????
I actually just had my Strolz shells kitted out with foam liners this weekend. It was a two-part foam mixture that was heated up beforehand, and yeah, they're not kidding about the pressure on your feet. I was in a pretty neutral stance -- the fitter wanted even pressure across the whole footbed to help it set up properly. Dunno if they have dealers in your neck of the woods...
I looked into Surefoot a few years ago. Pricey, and there isn't one near where I live. Reviews are mixed -- some people swear by them, others had to go back many times and were never really satisfied. The theory behind what they try to do is good, but consistency of execution may leave something to be desired.post #34 of 3411/23/10 at 1:24pm
- Foamed Ski Boots - (Conformable Liner)
- Palau - Ski boot liners
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 45 seconds ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 2 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 16 minutes ago
- › The Sugarloaf (MI) saga continues 20 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver [for Scotland and Europe] 52 minutes ago
- › ski signs trail marking 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer