Tiger Sharks are 10 foot (wifes), ski on the right is my 4FRNT Piques
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bring Back Straight Skis Last post on 4/21/13 at 10:33am in Ski Gear Discussion
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- November-December issue of Skiing History is in the mail Last post on 11/30/15 at 3:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
- Five Key Questions When Buying New SkisLast edited: 9/7/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
- Do You Know The Environmental Impact Of Your SkisLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
The utterly shameless, extroverted, how big is your quiver? PICTURE thread!!! - Page 38post #1111 of 124812/14/12 at 2:52pmpost #1112 of 124812/14/12 at 3:00pmQuote:
Tiger Sharks are 10 foot (one pair clipped together, wifes skis). On the right of those are my 4FRNT Piques ( one pair clipped together). We also left out 4 pairs and one retro pair. Need to get those in. Sorry about the post and no quote, still getting the hang of this.post #1113 of 124812/14/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
Nice video, we approve!post #1114 of 12483/26/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #1115 of 12483/27/13 at 7:35ampost #1116 of 12484/20/13 at 11:02ampost #1117 of 12484/21/13 at 10:23ampost #1118 of 12484/21/13 at 11:45ampost #1119 of 12484/21/13 at 1:24pmpost #1120 of 12484/22/13 at 10:19amQuote:
I too have entertained thoughts of posting my, er, quiver... but at 97 pairs & counting (some are in other... places :) I'm having difficulty getting them all to gather for one pic. Think I'm gonna have to build a spreadsheet/database on them all so I can at least identify what's there. I will say that I've managed to ski most of them this year! Hopefully I can put in some serious diligence & get some pix up.post #1121 of 12484/22/13 at 4:01pmPretty unimpressive compared to some of the previous posts, but enough fun to keep a stupid grin on my face. On the left are my Nordica Hot Rods (162cm), a pair of Rossignol stis (177cm), and the Dynastar Max RLs (150cm).
I acquired the Rossis when my boss told me he had a "sweet pair of skis" that he hasn't used since he lived out west, so I wouldn't have to rent anymore. Needless to say I picked the Dynastars up on Craigslist a couple weeks later. The Nordicas only saw a half day of use, so I may end up with a 4th pair next year......
Oh and about 9 water skis in the shed, but those probably don't count......though I briefly contemplated removing then fins and using them for the end of season pond skim next year..........
Edited by TriXTroll - 4/22/13 at 4:15pmpost #1122 of 12484/22/13 at 10:05pmpost #1123 of 12484/22/13 at 10:18pmpost #1124 of 12484/23/13 at 5:10pmpost #1125 of 12484/24/13 at 10:56am
You guessed right! This is a throwback to my haggis hunting days. Hagii have their right legs shorter than their left legs so they always run round the mountain in a clockwise direction. Thus when you are hunting them you go round the mountain in an anti-clockwise direction and you are sure to catch them....... Officially you shouldnt hunt them during winter but it is fun on skis (sort of like a biathalon with live targets) so you tune them for quicker turn in on a right footer and more stability on the left......
They are now since they all have different owners!!post #1126 of 12484/24/13 at 11:00ampost #1127 of 12484/24/13 at 11:00ampost #1128 of 12484/24/13 at 7:10pmpost #1129 of 124810/10/13 at 7:03pmpost #1130 of 124810/11/13 at 6:20ampost #1131 of 124810/11/13 at 7:32ampost #1132 of 124810/11/13 at 7:40ampost #1133 of 124810/11/13 at 7:48am
Yes. I have a F150 with a 6.5 foot bed, which, in the past, was rather full when taking 3 racers plus myself to an "away" race. The racers might bring 2 SL, 2GS, 2SG 1 DH and 1 freeski, EACH (plus at least two sets of skis for me). The SLs and GS usually fit in straight back, but the longer skis do not.post #1134 of 124810/11/13 at 8:00am
When you tire of the MX108's keep my address handy. I have two pairs so far, but another could come in handy........post #1135 of 124810/11/13 at 10:22am
How the quiver/test fleet is shaping up so far. Waiting for some binding to be shipped along with a few other skis. Please note that most these are available for Epicski members to demo and review.post #1136 of 124810/11/13 at 10:42amQuote:
I just realized I've skied at least 5 of those already ... (are those your first bonafides set up with dynafits? is that what I'm seeing?)post #1137 of 124810/11/13 at 10:47amQuote:
Yep, good eyes. I did some touring with them this spring. I guess we will have to get some more skis to keep your interest peakedpost #1138 of 124810/12/13 at 8:38pmpost #1139 of 124810/15/13 at 10:57pmpost #1140 of 124810/17/13 at 6:07pm
Updating my quiver photos several years later......
2013/2014 "skinnies" (1 pr P60 SLs, 1 pr Racetiger GSs, and the P50 F1s from above are still in the quiver though missing from the picture):
2013/2014 "fatties" (a 2nd identical pair of Auras missing from the photo):
How's that for the quiver of "the ever expanding waist"? The Kuros are patiently waiting for a set of demo Z12s to be mounted. Strangely, the Shiros are the funnest skis I've ever been on and they've become my daily drivers for all but the hardest day. Woo Hoo!!!!!
- The utterly shameless, extroverted, how big is your quiver? PICTURE thread!!!
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 16 seconds ago
- › Demo bindings 6 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 9 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 13 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 22 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 23 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 34 minutes ago
- › Killington Opens tomorrow (October 25th) 37 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 38 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer