or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Rossi Sick Bird / Scratch BC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rossi Sick Bird / Scratch BC - Page 2

post #31 of 63
The Cock rocks!
post #32 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierhj View Post
Well, I guess my neighbor who skis for Rossi (and uses those skis) is an idiot according to you.
So let me get this right -- you live in Aspen, and your neighbor "skis" for Rossi...or does he work for Rossi - directly? Your posts indicate both... I'm confused either way. Considering Rossi is based in France, that would be a commuting Bummer!! Don't get your panties in a bunch though - I'm just rattling your cage...

They aren't the same ski. Period.

Oh -- I DON'T work for Rossi - but they DO work for ME!!
post #33 of 63

Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch though -
Do you own a cat?
post #34 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Do you own a cat?
Why yes! I do! You are very astute! And he gets waxed on an annual basis. I'll have to repaint those radiators though.

Nice boots! Shane McConkey is NOT your friend, and Ingrid will meet us out at Tahoe. I hope I don't ring my bell too hard this year.

Got any big trips lined up?

Taco...nice...

Guavaschivaagen
post #35 of 63

Pinkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
Got any big trips lined up?
Well, my neighbor has a cat, and her undies are usually in a bunch...
post #36 of 63
There's a pair of last years Birds, 178's with tele bindings mounted for $375 right now on Ebay if anyone's interested. 2 days left on the bidding.
post #37 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Well, my neighbor has a cat, and her undies are usually in a bunch...
Therapy, my friend. Think about it. :
post #38 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman829 View Post
I would just like to say that the Sick Bird is one very sexy ski. The throwback graphics are just awesome. This thread is also useless without pics so......

Brings new meaning to the phrase "choke your chicken".

Kaj
post #39 of 63
While these are not the exact same ski, I'd say calling them "totaly different" is a bit of an exageration.

Even with different cores, they have a very similar flex. I personally think the scratch bc's are plenty soft, especially since they get softer towards the tip and the tail, making them extrememly forgiving.

Kinda a fun ski for low speed fooling around. If you like to jib off little hits with powder landings, they would be awesome as an every day ski. Thats what they were desinged for, maybe not huge hits or crazy speeds, but if you like little hits and drops, and don't like scouting your landings, these are perfect.
post #40 of 63
Ordered my 2006 scratch Bc's in a 178 today, according to the shop I should have them by Wednesday. I have a pair of 2004 Look P12 FR brand new in the box and ready and waiting for them when they get here.

Kaj
post #41 of 63
Thread Starter 
This would be a sick combo:

The Sick Bird and The Ghetto Chicken: http://birdos.com/ghetto_chicken.php
post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
This would be a sick combo:

The Sick Bird and The Ghetto Chicken: http://birdos.com/ghetto_chicken.php
Actually I like the Puder Luder (rough translation for "puder luder" is powder sluts) better:


Length - 175cm, 185cm, 195cm.
Tip - 152 mm
Waist - 126 mm
Tail - 142 mm
Puder Luder - A traditional shaped ski for the x-tra soft. Built stiff with s-glass the P.L. is a super big mountain ski for charging the deep and steep. Built lighter and a softer the P.L. is a trick jib ski for the soft, capable of landing and riding out switch in the fluffy poof. The P.L. is built standard with a full twin tip, although other tail options are available. The Puder Luder is a big ski, built to your specs for the pussy deluxe ride.
post #43 of 63
Thread Starter 
i was more keeping in line with the Cock motif.

The Sick Bird has the rooster on it, the Ghetto Chicken has fried eggs on it.

post #44 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
i was more keeping in line with the Cock motif.

The Sick Bird has the rooster on it, the Ghetto Chicken has fried eggs on it.

If you squint they kind of look like fried eggs on the "puder luder".

I should add that any translations are rough, and are merely offered for their educational value to the community at large. The reposting of the graphics for this ski in no way constitute an endorsement of what some sick Swiss decide to put on their skis...
post #45 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking kaj View Post
Ordered my 2006 scratch Bc's in a 178 today, according to the shop I should have them by Wednesday. I have a pair of 2004 Look P12 FR brand new in the box and ready and waiting for them when they get here.

Kaj
So my scratch bc's arrived Friday (2006's) and they are the wrong size, a 171 . I am really disappointed here, especially since I specifically called the website to make sure that they had the 178's in stock. We'll see how this turns out.

Kaj
post #46 of 63
What website so that we can be cautious when we buy?
post #47 of 63
www.skiwarehouse.com

I think this is affiliated with Willi's in Pittsburgh, who otherwise as I understand it are a pretty good shop.
post #48 of 63

If at first you don't succeed...

So here we go on round two. Ordered the Scratch BC's from CIT sports in the Bay Area today. I had some problems getting through to them on the phone, but the email confirmation on the order came through ok.

According to the website, http://www.citsports.com/, they have the 2006 ski in a 171, 178, and 185 for $ 364.50 shipped. Thought I would mention this in case others are interested, it seems like the longer lengths in last year's ski are going fast.

By the way, it looks like Willi's will be doing the right thing. They told me to ship the 171's back today UPS and they will pay for the return shipping plus give me a full credit since they sent the wrong item.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

Kaj

I
post #49 of 63
Finally got through to Mark at CIT sports today, they have been moving so they had a few problems with the phones.

He confirmed that the skis shipped and that I should have them in a week or so.

He also mentioned that these were the last pair, so the website shows that they have the 171's and the 185's but won't let you order them.

Kaj
post #50 of 63
Thread Starter 
I actually work close to CIT so I went by their shop the other day to check out the deal they have on the website for '04 M:EX's. Sadly all they had in stock were '05/06 M:EX's.

They also told me that once they moved they would only be selling boards and twins. They pretty much made it sound as if they weren't moving anything else to the new shop. Although they didn't say what they were doing with the other skis, but I assume they will liquidate them online.
post #51 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking kaj View Post
Actually I like the Puder Luder (rough translation for "puder luder" is powder sluts) better:


Length - 175cm, 185cm, 195cm.
Tip - 152 mm
Waist - 126 mm
Tail - 142 mm
Puder Luder - A traditional shaped ski for the x-tra soft. Built stiff with s-glass the P.L. is a super big mountain ski for charging the deep and steep. Built lighter and a softer the P.L. is a trick jib ski for the soft, capable of landing and riding out switch in the fluffy poof. The P.L. is built standard with a full twin tip, although other tail options are available. The Puder Luder is a big ski, built to your specs for the pussy deluxe ride.
As an artist, I hate these graphics.
I wouldn't even consider buying skis from a company that can't do better than this.
There are so many ways the idea could have been so much better executed. 1/10

I also hate them as a male, and as an adult, but mostly as an artist.

And that's too bad because I've heard some decent things and was going to look into them. Maybe another year, once they've hired an artist or graphic artist.
post #52 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman829 View Post
I would just like to say that the Sick Bird is one very sexy ski. The throwback graphics are just awesome. This thread is also useless without pics so......

Base graphics are great. The topsheet is horrible.

Odd concept, though - I know what "Sick Bird" means but this comes off as more of a SARS thing.

Imo, of course.
post #53 of 63
Thread Starter 
i thought you could get custom topsheets on the Birdos...

and i kinda like the SB topsheet. looks like a '70s ski or something. kinda.

then again, i'm a writer, not a graphic designer.
post #54 of 63

My new Scratch BC's arrived today...

I just got the 2006 178's from CIT Sports today, so despite their move everything worked out well. Very satsified with the customer service, if they have something I want I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

So now it is off to mount these bad boys tomorrow and then check on the flights to Colorado.

I hear its been snowing up there again so maybe there will be a little powder...
post #55 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
As an artist, I hate these graphics.
I wouldn't even consider buying skis from a company that can't do better than this.
There are so many ways the idea could have been so much better executed. 1/10

I also hate them as a male, and as an adult, but mostly as an artist.

And that's too bad because I've heard some decent things and was going to look into them. Maybe another year, once they've hired an artist or graphic artist.
I'm not much of an art critic myself, but the concept was certainly different. I'd suggest you drop them a line and see if you can open a dialogue. If you can find something that will help them sell more skis I am sure they will be all ears. Actually for me the graphics are the last things I consider when I buy skis. I thought the old Head Standard was a tough act to improve on.
post #56 of 63

Scratch BC mini review

Just back from a quick trip to CO where I got to further try my new scratch Bc's. Didn't get any fresh so this is based mostly on hard snow conditions.

Overall impressions remain the same as when I demo'ed these last year. This is a very smooth and stable ski that performs well in all conditions. For many, I think it could be a quiver of one.

The size I bought was a 178. Since I live on the east coast I wasn't buying these as a dedicated powder set up. Most of the time I end up on groomed so I was willing to trade a little length/float for better performance in the bumps. After my trip, I am happy with that decision. The bumps at Copper this past weekend were like concrete tank traps, but the BC's powered through with no problems. A very stable ride, it was easy to get a rocking chair going. Never felt like I was out of control, and I could stomp just about anything.

On groomers, the ride was just as stable. I was actually surprised that these things had a slightly better grip on boiler plate than my sl:11s. Not very quick edge to edge, but easy to carve in bigger arcs (radius is 21m). They skied a lot like my Volant FB's in these conditions which is saying a lot. Unlike the FB's I did feel that these things had a top end. Somewhere around 45mph the ski starts to feel a little hollow, especially if conditions are a little icey. Also got some chatter at higher speeds, which might have been remedied if I went with the 185. Again, this is a tradeoff that I was willing to make for an easier time in the bumps. They also handled corduroy and crud well, again with a very stable ride.

Did not get the chance to get these in any fresh, but I demo'ed them in fresh last year and loved them. Can't wait to give them a further evaluation in powder.

My over all impression is just a stable sweet ride. These will go anywhere under just about any conditions and you will never feel unconfident on them. If you are considering a pair I would highly recommend them.

Dookey, did you ever get the chance to demo these or the birds? I'm curious how your evaluation stacks up to mine.
post #57 of 63
You bought a 178 - what are your stats? I've been looking pretty hard at these, and that's the length I was thinking about as I certainly wouldn't use them DEDICATED to pow use. I have the Scratch FS now in 174, but haven't skied them yet...

I'm 5'11", and about 180-185.
post #58 of 63
Thread Starter 
Nice review.

I still haven't gotten out on a pair as the snow in Tahoe is thin (good Spring conditions, but still thin) and still haven't found a shop willing to demo them.
post #59 of 63
Since I already have a big powder board, the B3, I decided to pick up a pair of Dirty Birds instead of the Sick Bird. My B2 is about shot from about 150 days on them. Picked up a pair of Look bindings on SAC the other day, gonna get them mounted this week. I'll let you know how they perform.
post #60 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
You bought a 178 - what are your stats? I've been looking pretty hard at these, and that's the length I was thinking about as I certainly wouldn't use them DEDICATED to pow use. I have the Scratch FS now in 174, but haven't skied them yet...

I'm 5'11", and about 180-185.
I'm 6'3" 225lbs (1.87m 101 k), and I have been skiing for 43 years. I don't bother with levels but I can pretty much ski anything without falling down.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Rossi Sick Bird / Scratch BC