Bonni, I don't think there is opposition. Welcome to the world of forum planning. What needs to happen at this point is to develop some consensus on content and the implementation strategy.
- Where should the forum be posted? Does it fit in General or Specialty Forums?
- What are the parameters or guidelines for posting, or moderation?
- What content should be included off the top?
- Are there existing posts that can be used to populate the new forum? Post Links.
- If special content like a glossary, gear or instruction will be developed, we need to decide what to include and find volunteers to put it together.
Thanks, nolo. It is never as easy as you think it is. You have a good point about defining terms. Perhaps a list of just the terms that don't have a dozen meanings. No one would dispute the meaning of 'chicken heads', although there are more ways to describe 'icy chunks of snow on a groomed run' than just using one term.
If it truly is a good idea, then it will be done. I'm just trying to understand why there is so much opposition to making an area to help beginners. It's baffling.