EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Overly attached to skis I don't need!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overly attached to skis I don't need!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Help, I need an intervention!

I've taken all the skis out of storage and my wife is starting to count how many pair are there. Within a day or so I need to give her the annual rationalization speech that includes the eventual; "don't worry Honey, I'll planning on selling these at the Ski Swap".

The problem is that I don't really want to take them to the Ski Swap. It's depressing. It's not always worth the effort once I pay for parking, attendance, food, etc. Plus I end up buying more stuff...

But I do have several redundant pair. What are they worth? Should I take the bindings off and save them for my next new purchase? Tell me why they need to go, PLEASE...

Dynastar Intuitive 74 with Look P12, 182cm
Atomic racestock SL 9'16 with 4:12, 150cm
Rossignol Cobra X with Rossi Axial, 181cm
Fischer Big Stix 7.2 with Fischer Railflex, 165cm

Michael
post #2 of 15
Atomic racestock SL 9'16 with 4:12, 150cm

These skis are outdated and worthless. Send them to me and I will safely dispose of them for you. Thank-You.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
Atomic racestock SL 9'16 with 4:12, 150cm

These skis are outdated and worthless. Send them to me and I will safely dispose of them for you. Thank-You.
LOL.

If these are worthless, I should keep 'em.
If these are worth something, I should keep 'em.
If these are worthless I should keep 'em...

Repeat logic...

Michael
post #4 of 15
Hi Michael:

Did you end up w/ 185 IM88 or did you stick w/ 175?
post #5 of 15
Jeez, what I still have. The first thing to stand out for me...I still have the very first pair of NEW skis I ever purchased, 1981 Pre 1200 SP, race flex 24.8 204 cm. I have a full size run of Volant Powerkarves 173,183,193. We had a bunch of Dynastars and Salomons that we made beds out of. I also have 2 pair of The Ski than I am hoping to collect some more to make chairs out of. I have 3-4 pair of Flexons around too.
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
Hi Michael:

Did you end up w/ 185 IM88 or did you stick w/ 175?
I'm sticking with the 175cm for now. If they are too short, I'll give them to my 17 year old son who is about 35 Lbs lighter than dear old Dad.

Cheers,

Michael
post #7 of 15
Michael,
I don't think you're really looking for help.
I think you're looking for an "atta-boy"
But then you really don't care what I think.......because I think you should keep 'em all.
After all, you never know when you'll NEED that something special that each ski gives you.:
post #8 of 15
I wouldn't bother with the "ski swap". If you must get rid of some ski's, try ebay...Probably get more on there than the swap, and you wouldn't have to worry about parking.

If you are going to get rid of the Intuitivs, let me know what you want for them and their condition...I'd even be interested in the P12's by themselves.
post #9 of 15
Yesterday, I dropped off a pair of 7 year old Dynastar Speed Sx's in a 186 at the local swap meet. As I am filling out the paper work, the guy at the desk says" dude, we haven't sold anything that long in like 3 years"
Anyway, they sold in the 1st hour and I have offset the cost of my Fischer AMC 79's by $100. If you are not skiing something, why not turn it into cash for your next acquisition?
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by memosteve View Post
I wouldn't bother with the "ski swap". If you must get rid of some ski's, try ebay...Probably get more on there than the swap, and you wouldn't have to worry about parking.
Ski swaps are good, I sold my 724 Pros there for 250.00 when i couldn't get a sniff on them here for 200.00. They also sold w/in the first 2 hours of the sale.

Little trick I used was to go to a shop that carried Volkl, so there was someone there who knew what the ski was and could sell the value of the ski.
post #11 of 15
Unless they were your first pair of skis or something, I would just put them up for sale here. How much you want for the P12s?
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Unless they were your first pair of skis or something, I would just put them up for sale here. How much you want for the P12s?
Hey, wait a minute...I got first dibs.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by memosteve View Post
Hey, wait a minute...I got first dibs.
and no border hassles.
post #14 of 15
I'd just tell your wife that everyone is entitled to one vice and skiing and buying skis is a relatively benign activity as vices go.
Once she accepts that, you can then decide what to do with your "spare"skis in a pressure free environment.


Oh, and good luck.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettscv View Post
Help, I need an intervention!

I've taken all the skis out of storage and my wife is starting to count how many pair are there. Within a day or so I need to give her the annual rationalization speech that includes the eventual; "don't worry Honey, I'll planning on selling these at the Ski Swap".

The problem is that I don't really want to take them to the Ski Swap. It's depressing. It's not always worth the effort once I pay for parking, attendance, food, etc. Plus I end up buying more stuff...

But I do have several redundant pair. What are they worth? Should I take the bindings off and save them for my next new purchase? Tell me why they need to go, PLEASE...

Dynastar Intuitive 74 with Look P12, 182cm
Atomic racestock SL 9'16 with 4:12, 150cm
Rossignol Cobra X with Rossi Axial, 181cm
Fischer Big Stix 7.2 with Fischer Railflex, 165cm

Michael
You might shoot a PM to skierj about the Intuitive 74s, I know of a certainty that he wants a pair, but I'm not sure about the length.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Overly attached to skis I don't need!