EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Wheeled boot bag, who makes one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wheeled boot bag, who makes one?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I hate shlepping. So, I rigged my boot bag with wheels, works great, but it's sometimes a drag taking it apart to put in the bins when I get to the lodge.

Does anyone know of a boot bag with wheels that's not the size of a huge duffle bag?:
post #2 of 17
I've seen some before, both single pair and double pair sizes. I would check with Reliable Racing as they offer a bunch of brands and variety of shapes/sizes of bags.
post #3 of 17

wheeled boot bag

how about an airline carry-on? but why have a bag at all?
post #4 of 17
Transpaks are still the way to go.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese View Post
Transpaks are still the way to go.
true dat!

Keeps your hands free for other stuff, but hard to carry on.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
true dat!

Keeps your hands free for other stuff, but hard to carry on.
I don't think there is any 'wheeled boot bag" that will "carry on". I still carry on my boots, with a T-strap and pack my transpak on top in my luggage.
post #7 of 17
Have a look at www.skboot.com - they make a really stylish wheeled boot bag that fits not only boots, but most of your ski gear.  You can check their Facebook too for more info.
post #8 of 17
Definitely!  I replaced both mine and my wife's 10 year old Transpaks with the newer TRV Pro and we love them!

As for carrying them on, it seems like we're always getting the commuter flights from San Diego to SLC and RNO, so carrying on means having them checked at the end of the jetway.  Now way they're going in the overhead on a CRJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

Transpaks are still the way to go.
post #9 of 17
 I'm looking for a boot backpack that I could wheel, too. Seems like there should be something out there! Anyone have any suggestions?
post #10 of 17
A Google search for "ski boot wheeled backpack" yielded this result:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3373662&CAWELAID=272008236

and these:

www.rei.com/category/4501712

as well as others.

The skboot.com website mentioned above shows an interesting product but no information yet about where you can actually get one.  Also this statement on the product home page, "It is Skboot’s intention that our products will not be sold “online” - only through retailers." is a huge marketing mistake IMHO.
post #11 of 17
Hi there..Caroline here from Skboot.  Thank you so much for your feedback on "selling online". I totally agree with you and in the next couple of days, the new website should be uploaded with the option to "buy online".  As a start up company, we got lots of comments from retailers that basically said that we would sell more if we didn't sell online.  So, that was a corporate mistake on my part which is to be rectified! 

The Skboot bag was launched at the SIA Snow Show in Denver at the beginning of the month, so products will be available in the US and Canada in August (and in Australia at the beginning of June), but as we have been inundated with requests, we are asking that people email us with a pre-order (no obligation of course and no payment required), and we will email them closer to the time to see if they would like to make the official order ONLINE! :-)

I know I invented the bag, but it is awesome! :-) Bear in mind though, it is not a backpack or a duffel bag - but rather a very stylish boot ON WHEELS which doubles as a great weekender/travel bag.  If you look up Skboot on You Tube, there are some very informative videos there (and some not so informative) and lots of pictures, including product shots.

Thanks again for your feedback - it is very much appreciated.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Horner View Post

Hi there..Caroline here from Skboot.  Thank you so much for your feedback on "selling online". I totally agree with you and in the next couple of days, the new website should be uploaded with the option to "buy online".  As a start up company, we got lots of comments from retailers that basically said that we would sell more if we didn't sell online.  So, that was a corporate mistake on my part which is to be rectified! 

The Skboot bag was launched at the SIA Snow Show in Denver at the beginning of the month, so products will be available in the US and Canada in August (and in Australia at the beginning of June), but as we have been inundated with requests, we are asking that people email us with a pre-order (no obligation of course and no payment required), and we will email them closer to the time to see if they would like to make the official order ONLINE! :-)

I know I invented the bag, but it is awesome! :-) Bear in mind though, it is not a backpack or a duffel bag - but rather a very stylish boot ON WHEELS which doubles as a great weekender/travel bag.  If you look up Skboot on You Tube, there are some very informative videos there (and some not so informative) and lots of pictures, including product shots.

Thanks again for your feedback - it is very much appreciated.
 

Caroline, nice that you're here to add some insight!  I'm also glad to hear you've decided to be an online retailer!  Good move to put some videos on YouTube.

I particularly liked the video that shows everything that can be packed into your bag.  This has always been my philosophy when flying to a ski resort; not only do I carry on my boots but also everything else that I need to ski for at least one day.  Even if your bags get lost or delayed you can ski the next day!  The appears to be the approach you took when you designed your bag.

My solution so far has been the Transpak backpack boot bag.  The TRV Pro has plenty of room for everything including my new helmet.  I usually just wear my jacket, because that takes a lot of room.  With the bag on my shoulders this frees up my hands for the wheeled computer bag that I also travel with.  Your video actually compares your bag to a different Transpak model or just a similar backpack bag.  (I'd suggest this picture of your bag fully packed with ski clothing on your website.) 

It doesn't look like your bag is big enough to hold a helmet though.  Your bag would be perfect for me (and my wife) if it could hold or attach a helmet.  If it couldn't fit inside, maybe a zippered nylon bag to hold the helmet with one of those plastic buckle fasteners to attach it to your bag.  The bag could be detached when stowing the bag overhead or under your seat.  Just thinking out loud.

Good luck with your endeavor!
post #13 of 17
Hi Tom..thanks again for your feedback.  It is only from comments like yours that Skboot can grow as a company and I thank you for the time you have taken to respond to my posts.

In relation to your helmet question, depending on the size of the boots and helmet, it will fit in the Skboot bag - the larger bag easier than the medium sized one.  Of course, you may not be able to fit ALL your gear in the bag along with the helmet and boots.

But the really good news is that we do have a helmet carrier which we like to refer to as a "plug-in" which does actually attach to the Skboot bag - and it's gorgeous!  It's not on our website yet, but stay tuned.  Lucky for me though, I do have one and I simply love it as I don't have to carry anything!  My fiance and I feel very special when we are heading to the slopes with our matching bags and helmet carrier!

Also, product shots should be up on the revised website later this week, so again, stay tuned!

Thank you again.  Happy skiing!
post #14 of 17
Athalon makes a wheeled boot bag that also has back pack straps, and Athalon also makes the Marker branded gear.  It has a compartment in the middle that you can also put in other gear.  I have the non wheeled version of the bag that I bought at TJ Maxx for 40.  I flew with it last week to Utah.  Depending on boot size and what you carry, it's too big for the overhead bins on a flight, and it's bulky, so getting it under the seat was a bit of a pain, but it worked.  I always carry my boots with me, because if the skis don't make it, at least I don't have to be in rental boots.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Horner View Post

But the really good news is that we do have a helmet carrier which we like to refer to as a "plug-in" which does actually attach to the Skboot bag - and it's gorgeous!  It's not on our website yet, but stay tuned.  Lucky for me though, I do have one and I simply love it as I don't have to carry anything!  My fiance and I feel very special when we are heading to the slopes with our matching bags and helmet carrier!

Excellent!  Great minds think alike!  Sounds like this could go on my Xmas list this year!
post #16 of 17
I have a Nordica boot bag that is wheeled.  It's been through hell including getting lost somewhere in England, driving off a cliff in Austrian alps (bag made it fine, van not so much), and been through mud/snow, etc.  It's survived well given the conditions it's been thrown at.  I don't like how both boots go in the same compartment though.  I liked my older bag (which fell apart) that had boots on opposite sides of the bag.

I recall my friend getting a pricey Tecnica bag which I remember being impresed with, but it was 3 years ago and my memory isn't as good anymore.

Anyways, there are many to choose from, and almost every boot manufacturer makes a wheeled boot bag of some sort.
post #17 of 17
Hi there Brian V. Just wondering why you don't like how both boots go in the same compartment? 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Wheeled boot bag, who makes one?